Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Taharat in office lavatory

Rate this topic

Guest Seeker

Salaam, 

I live in non-muslim Country and sometimes there are issues with taharat. One such thing I face is when I have to pee. All other guys just stand and deliver while I have to go inside a closed wall English commode and do the job. First of all it's embarrassing everytime you're going inside because people generally think you have diarrhea but we Muslims need to sit and pee and most importantly do taharat with water.

The thing is even if you visit toilet everytime how do you make toilet seat tahir. I have tried with water but it just messes the floor and one of the sweeper asked me (politely) not to do that because he has to clean things every now and then (and I understand that). 

I'm sure you guys might have faced similar issues. Any ideas :)

Thank you. 

• Veteran Member

What's the deal? Just put tissues around the toilet seat. No big deal. I do this myself.

Furthermore, did you know that according to Sayed al-Sistani (ha) a najis item cannot transfer to another item if it is dry? It can only transfer if it is wet. This means that your body doesn't become najis if the toilet seat is dry. But, as you know, one thing is that it is not najis, and another thing is that it is quite disgusting. 

• Moderators

Pee while standing up, than do istibra, than wipe and dry yourself with toilet paper. When you get home, clean yourself with water to become purified. If you pray at work, than instead of wiping with a toilet paper to dry yourself, grab a random cup before you enter the bathroom and fill it with water from the sink, and purify yourself while standing up.

Guest Seeker
8 minutes ago, Ali-F said:

What's the deal? Just put tissues around the toilet seat. No big deal. I do this myself.

Furthermore, did you know that according to Sayed al-Sistani (ha) a najis item cannot transfer to another item if it is dry? It can only transfer if it is wet. This means that your body doesn't become najis if the toilet seat is dry. But, as you know, one thing is that it is not najis, and another thing is that it is quite disgusting. 

I have tried with tissues once but when you shower it becomes wet no matter how much you try and najasat transfers through wetness. 

I'll give it a try again. 

Guest Seeker
21 minutes ago, Hassan- said:

Pee while standing up, than do istibra, than wipe and dry yourself with toilet paper. When you get home, clean yourself with water to become purified. If you pray at work, than instead of wiping with a toilet paper to dry yourself, grab a random cup before you enter the bathroom and fill it with water from the sink, and purify yourself while standing up.

Standing and peeing? Isn't that unrecommended/disliked in Islam? 

• Veteran Member
On 30/7/2017 at 7:25 PM, Guest Seeker said:

I have tried with tissues once but when you shower it becomes wet no matter how much you try and najasat transfers through wetness. 

I'll give it a try again. 

If it is wet before, then clean it first and dry it with tissues.