Fatima1234

Dua for death

Rate this question

Question

14 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Fatima1234 said:

Is it haram to make a dua for death can that be accepted? And if not is there any other way that's haram to end life 

Ending your life by any means is highly condemnable act in Islam. 

Never ever think of such height of stupidity. 

Always try to engage yourself with good things and people. Try to have good friends in family as well as outside so that you can come out of depression if you have of any type.

2 hours ago, Fatima1234 said:

Is it haram to make a dua for death can that be accepted? And if not is there any other way that's haram to end life 

Ask for a long life so that you can live a life full of good deeds. Dont ask to die because only Allah knows how many good or bad deeds you have committed. You can ask for honourable death (i.e Martyrdoom) . 

Sister, I remember reading your posts a while back and you just happened to eat harram food. 

Please don't take it to this state, where you don't want to live anymore. This is being so ungrateful to Allah. You have so much to look forward to in life, if you just be a bit patient. 

Have you visited a therapist? to tell them about your situation?

Praying for martyrdom on the right path is mustahab, but if you're talking about wanting to just end your life because you are depressed or something, it's haram.

How does this even make sense?
"Ya Rabbi amitni, Ya Ilahi uqtilni"

Doesn't a person who believes in Allah, want to return to Him with a good scale of deeds? Doesn't a religious person want to live their lives accordingly, religiously, not just die. Why would you want to die just like that without any reason? You won't achieve anything in the hereafter, you would lose the dunja and the aakhira. Only a person who does not believe in God and the hereafter would want to just die without any deeds. 

17 hours ago, AliMohammed said:

Praying for martyrdom on the right path is mustahab, but if you're talking about wanting to just end your life because you are depressed or something, it's haram.

How does this even make sense?
"Ya Rabbi amitni, Ya Ilahi uqtilni"

Doesn't a person who believes in Allah, want to return to Him with a good scale of deeds? Doesn't a religious person want to live their lives accordingly, religiously, not just die. Why would you want to die just like that without any reason? You won't achieve anything in the hereafter, you would lose the dunja and the aakhira. Only a person who does not believe in God and the hereafter would want to just die without any deeds. 

What you said actually doesn't make sense speacificaly the last one. I do believe in Allah and Islam that is the reasion why I haven't ended my life obviously it's haram and I don't want to commit such sin, therefore that's why i was hoping there was a "not haram" way of asking Allah to do that favor for me instead. 

9 hours ago, Fatima1234 said:

What you said actually doesn't make sense speacificaly the last one. I do believe in Allah and Islam that is the reasion why I haven't ended my life obviously it's haram and I don't want to commit such sin, therefore that's why i was hoping there was a "not haram" way of asking Allah to do that favor for me instead. 

Why would you want to die if you believe in Allah? When He granted you this life.

Because I feel ignored still I don't feel like Allah is acknowledging me when I beg for his help I've been depressed for a while now I've literally prayed and made dua everyday that Allah will help me multiple times a day but nothing has changed everyday is the same. And I'm tired of being like this how is one suppose to be grateful of a life like this?

42 minutes ago, Fatima1234 said:

Because I feel ignored still I don't feel like Allah is acknowledging me when I beg for his help I've been depressed for a while now I've literally prayed and made dua everyday that Allah will help me multiple times a day but nothing has changed everyday is the same. And I'm tired of being like this how is one suppose to be grateful of a life like this?

(And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me - indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided)

Allah acknowledges every supplication that is supplicated to Him.

You claim that "everyday is the same" well what do you mean by that? You need to clarify your problems in order for someone to help. If you are going through a situation in life that has to do with a faulty environment, you can not expect Allah to change your living circumstances (not that He couldn't), but you need to make the first move, you need to attempt to change your life, you can not just rely that Allah in His grace will, (without any of your own attempts and actions) lift calamities away from you, what would life have as a meaning then? Nothing.

If you have family problems that can not be resolved by having a mutual conversation, you need to either speak to the authorities or go see a therapist, it is simple as that. 

Go seek help.

Edited by AliMohammed

Guest RX81

Hi Fatima

How are you feeling now?  I asked similar questions myself.  Hopefully your struggle has eased off in some way. Chances are someone with your concerns is doing many good deeds and trying to find the best actions in each situation.  Useful to know how you recovered strength from this?

On 7/28/2017 at 10:43 AM, Fatima1234 said:

u can ask for martyrdom..i too ask for it in dua that when i reach the age where i have to die with natural death o Allah make me a sincere  martyr in your path 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.