Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ron_Burgundy

What is sin?

Rate this topic

Just now, islam25 said:

Does agreeing all realy matters. 

Does anybody disagrees. 

so my next question is when Allah said to Hazrat Adam not go close to that tree or eat a fruit from that tree but he did. Did he commit a sin? 

Sin is actually means "Break the law" albeit it is divine laws. The reason in some cases unknown, just like consuming pork. Billions of people ate and still eating pork with no health problem.

Not only that, the prohibition may change into lawful. The Jews were commanded to observe Sabbath day, but than not any more.

20 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

so my next question is when Allah said to Hazrat Adam not go close to that tree or eat a fruit from that tree but he did. Did he commit a sin? 

Yes. He committed. 

Ron,

To be specific, sin is doing a haram.

In Hz Adam's case, Allah said dont eat from the tree but Allah did not say, it is haram for you to eat from the tree. So it can classified as makrouh because in shia theology only specifically haram things can be considered haram.

Therefore, Hz. Adam committed a makrouh act but not a haram act, thereby he did not sin.

Edited by shiaman14

I am not a librarian.

Here is a simple process for future help.

Open google - Type an X variable - I typed - Do prophets sin shiachat - second link was the one below.

https://www.al-islam.org/faith-and-reason-ayatullah-mahdi-hadavi-tehrani/question-22-original-sin-adam-and-eve

Why did I type the above - As it has been asked many times.

Sin (disobeying the commands of Allah) results in punishment!!

Error (neglecting advices) results in side effects!! Which we called "tark-e-aula" 

Secondly Adam as was a prophet so He cannot commit sin but prophets can commit  tark-e-aula!!

And... Can anyone commit sin in paradise ??? 

https://www.al-islam.org/prophethood-sayyid-saeed-akhtar-rizvi/ismat

21 hours ago, islam25 said:

Yes. He committed. 

No Prophet Adam (as) didn't commit any sin. We should have no confusion about this. I recommend you to read Allama Tabatabai's tafsir on this event.

1) There was a divine advice from Allah to not approach the tree. The verse that says  'then you two will be of the unjust' refers to injustice against themselves, not unjust against Allah or the Sharia. There was no rule or sharia established in the first place.

They said, "Our Lord, we have wronged ourselves, and if You do not forgive us and have mercy upon us, we will surely be among the losers." (Quran 7:23)

2) Prophet Adam (pbuh) and his wife was going to be sent to this world anyways, so it was not because of their sin. If it was because of their sin, then after they repented they should of been taken back to the garden.

This was all a divine plan.