Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I THINK I HAVE COMMITTED SHIRK :(

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, hasanhh said:

l think it is more important to do an ishtikhara for guidance on how to know when these thoughts are waswas or nafsi.

Yeah that is extremely important to know. Sometimes I wonder if these thoughts are mine or not

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, guest 2025 said:

Yeah that is extremely important to know. Sometimes I wonder if these thoughts are mine or not

The damned shaytani are not always around. So, keep a mental track/list of what comes to mind and then apply what is islamic. Then 'build' as best you can, inshallah, a profile of what is you and what diverts you from you and Allah -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

One shaytani trick is "word change", where another single word is suggested and you change your sentence from your original thinking.

• Advanced Member
On 10/22/2020 at 6:04 AM, eThErEaL said:

would never have thought this is a common issue amongst Shias.  

Interesting...

I would have thought my comment is a positive thing!  
I honestly didn’t think it was a common issue.  But it appears to be a common issue.  I find it surprising.  Isn’t everyone here surprised as well?  

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

I would have thought my comment is a positive thing!  
I honestly didn’t think it was a common issue.  But it appears to be a common issue.  I find it surprising.  Isn’t everyone here surprised as well?  

:salam:

I am surprised that a few reactions on a forum may lead to generalising to 'a common issue' amongst shias.

It's the principle of a forum, you collect testimonies of same people who may share a certain issue, doesn't necessarily mean that it is at a large scale. 

Like going to health and medical forums. Will you be surprised that 'so many people' have that weird genital pathology (sorry about the comparison) and make it a common thing ? I rather think you will figure out that the forum just gathered people with that pathology that only reaches 0.006% of the population, who can discuss their pathology within the 'privacy' of an anonymous forum... 

Why do you fill the need to make shias look like idiots? 

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)

The fact that you're even worried about having done so, means that you probably really haven't done it. If you have a thought and realize that it is the wrong thought to have right away, just means that you're being whispered to by a satan. The problem comes when you have these thoughts and no longer realize that they are wrong and think that they are your own thoughts. Just my two cents.