Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I THINK I HAVE COMMITTED SHIRK :(

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

asalam a alaykum brother and sisters please help me urgently, i think i have commited the worst sin in islam (shirk) :(

thoughts of imam ali kept coming to me saying he was god (astafirallah) i kept ignoring it and ignoring it but it wouldn't go away. so i thought if i kept saying the statement imam ali is god (astafirallah) , i would get used to the thoughts and they would eventually go away. so i kept saying this and i think for a second or half a second i believed in what i was saying :'( brothers and sisters please help me.

Dude thats obviously satanic insinuation, anyways there is an intellectual proof in philosophy that there can only be one God in the world, and mental proofs have mathematical certainty so seek knowledge to kill these thoughts.

2 hours ago, muhammad yousuf said:

asalam a alaykum brother and sisters please help me urgently, i think i have commited the worst sin in islam (shirk) :(

thoughts of imam ali kept coming to me saying he was god (astafirallah) i kept ignoring it and ignoring it but it wouldn't go away. so i thought if i kept saying the statement imam ali is god (astafirallah) , i would get used to the thoughts and they would eventually go away. so i kept saying this and i think for a second or half a second i believed in what i was saying :'( brothers and sisters please help me.

Its okay. Calm down. Dont ever do it again and ask Allah for guidance. 

• Unregistered
2 hours ago, muhammad yousuf said:

i think i have commited the worst sin in islam (shirk) :(

Make sure you don't commit this kind of Shirk(The Kind Iblis did)

وَإِذْ قُلْنَا لِلْمَلَائِكَةِ اسْجُدُوا لِآدَمَ فَسَجَدُوا إِلَّا إِبْلِيسَ كَانَ مِنَ الْجِنِّ فَفَسَقَ عَنْ أَمْرِ رَبِّهِ ۗ أَفَتَتَّخِذُونَهُ وَذُرِّيَّتَهُ أَوْلِيَاءَ مِنْ دُونِي وَهُمْ لَكُمْ عَدُوٌّ ۚ بِئْسَ لِلظَّالِمِينَ بَدَلًا {50}

[Shakir 18:50] And when We said to the angels: Make obeisance to Adam; they made obeisance but Iblis (did it not). He was of the jinn, so he transgressed the commandment of his Lord. What! would you then take him and his offspring for friends rather than Me, and they are your enemies? Evil is (this) change for the unjust.

[Pickthal 18:50] And (remember) when We said unto the angels: Fall prostrate before Adam, and they fell prostrate, all save Iblis. He was of the jinn, so he rebelled against his Lord's command. Will ye choose him and his seed for your protecting friends instead of Me, when they are an enemy unto you? Calamitous is the exchange for evil-doers.

[Yusufali 18:50] Behold! We said to the angels, "Bow down to Adam": They bowed down except Iblis. He was one of the Jinns, and he broke the Command of his Lord. Will ye then take him and his progeny as protectors rather than Me? And they are enemies to you! Evil would be the exchange for the wrong-doers!

Event of Ghadir Khumm 

https://www.al-islam.org/ghadir/incident.htm

I think the intellectual proof for why there can not be 2 Gods goes like this ( with some clarifications made by me ) : If there was 2 Gods ( a God must be necessary to exist ) in this world then they would both have different identities and similar characteristics, so each one of them is composed of the part of similarity( characteristics) and part of difference (identity) , and anything that is composite ( not simple ) is possible (which in philosophical terms means any thing that is not impossible to exist and not necessary to exist ) because every composite needs its parts and its part is different from it, and whatever that needs a different other is possible ( because needing is indication of poverty and a God is suppose to be rich ), which means that what we assumed to be necessary became possible and that can not be. So there has to be one God. I will attach the proof in Arabic  maybe you can read it, because my translation may not be precise.

18788291_265801120561934_1439844697_n.png

• Advanced Member

“And if an evil whisper from Shaitan (waswasa) tries to turn you away (O Muhammad) (from doing good), then seek refuge in Allah. Verily, He is the All Hearer, the All Knower” (Quran, Surah Fussilat: verse 36).

Keep reciting Auotho Billa Minnal Shaitan Al Rageem ( I seek refuge in God from the accursed Shaitan )

• Basic Members

AND SORRY FOR NOT MENTIONING THIS CRUCIAL POINT  but as stupid as i was after the second/ half second of me believing that imam ali was god, i still kept repeating the thought in my mind to see how stupid it sounded in my mind and to also get used to the thoughts. astafirallah, should i ask for forgiveness :(

Guest BlessedSign

Salaam Alaykum bro :)

I too get these thoughts that sometimes don't go away so don't worry, in fact its probably more common than you think. :) From my experience it is either just your mind playing with you (for example if you ask a person to NOT think about an elephant no matter what, they'll begin to start thinking about an elephant even though before they didn't at all, its the way the mind works) or it is alternatively, waaswaas from shaytaan.

The important thing is what you actually believe and and not these thoughts that won't go away. The fact that you're so worried and actually made this thread in the first place shows you do not believe that Imam Ali (as) is God. More importantly, Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì in his all encompassing knowledge KNOWS this and knows what is in your heart and remember he is the most merciful and just. He knows what you actually believe and all the thoughts that enter your mind and how they enter. He knows that you don't actually believe Imam Ali (AS) is god and that you can't stop these thoughts. He knows that that this then led you to say it to yourself so they would go away but it led to you thinking it/considering it for a second. And since he knows your intention and what you actually believe and the events that led to this, he would not punish you for these thoughts that you do not actually believe and cannot control, as he is the most lenient! (al rafiq!). And the most merciful of all those who show mercy! So don't worry bro.

Once we begin to think about how Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì knows all our thoughts and everything we will ever think, things become easier.
These thought's will just make Religon harder for you when it doesn't need to be. Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì is the most merciful and kind and generous! So as the other users said seek refuge in Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì and don't worry about this. So what if these thoughts keep coming in your mind? You know what you believe and more importantly so does Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, despite whatever comes in your mind! And in his ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì infinite mercy he would never punish you unjustly for something you didn't mean to do or didn't actually believe. So when these thoughts come, consciously remember that Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì knows that these thoughts are coming to you and he knows that you do not believe them, so it doesn't matter what these thoughts say to you, don't worry and just continue whatever you were doing. :)

May Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì bless you. W/salaam! 

• 2 months later...
  • Veteran Member

Problem with these thoughts is focusing on them, giving them so much protagonism that we don't let them go.

All types of thoughts cross our mind, we are not even aware of them. Evil and bad thoughts are a normal consequence of the evil we face in life and within our own imagination, and it's important to allow them to go out, the same way we allowed them to come in (something you can't avoid consciously).

You can learn more through meditation techniques that focus on this subject. I believe these are a must for anyone.

I strongly believe that abscense of sins, purity of heart and constant habitual obedience to God change our thoughts (or rather, the unconscious thoughts that reach our mind). Try, for instance, to reach a point in which the thought of Allah swt is the first when you wake up (through constant tadhkeer and 'ibada).

• Advanced Member

Sometimes I get negative thoughts too. If I'm watching a youtube video that is Shi'a friendly and then read the stupid comments. My biggest weakness. 

One thing that my husband told me, and the children to do, that would help for these things, is to say "la ilaha illaAllah" over and over and over again. 

I hope it helps. 

• Veteran Member

This is exactly an ocd(obsesseive compulsory disorder). It is not shirk as long as you dont believe it and you feel sad about it (I am saying this based on a narration about a man whose exprience was similar to yours). Just dont repeat that sentence.

• Veteran Member

This is exactly an ocd(obsesseive compulsory disorder). It is not shirk as long as you dont believe it and you feel sad about it (I am saying this based on a narration about a man whose exprience was similar to yours). Just dont repeat that sentence.

• Veteran Member

• Veteran Member

Study the link below. It will help you

https://www.ocduk.org/four-steps

The Four Steps - Brain Lock

Brain Lock - BUY NOW

In the 1990s, Dr Jeffrey Schwartz made the discovery that a four-step cognitive behavioural therapy he pioneered is capable of changing the activity in a specific brain circuit of patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder. After publishing his findings in scientific journals in the mid-1990s, Dr Schwartz used his discovery (which is becoming a widely utilised treatment for OCD and has been corroborated by other research teams) as the basis for his book Brain Lock which leads readers through the four-step Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy that he devised to treat OCD.

OCD-UK believe the Brain Lock book is an invaluable tool to help patients whilst waiting for CBT treatment to begin.

• Veteran Member

إِنَّمَا النَّجْوَىٰ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ لِيَحْزُنَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَلَيْسَ بِضَارِّهِمْ شَيْئًا إِلَّا بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ ۚ وَعَلَى اللَّهِ فَلْيَتَوَكَّلِ الْمفَلْيَتَوَكَ

Indeed najwa is from Satan that he may grieve those who have believed, but he will not harm them at all except by permission of Allah . And upon Allah let the believers rely.

If this shirkful thought makes you sad and you dont like it, then you are a believer.

Just dont repeat that sentence and remind yourself that"najwa from Satan cannot harm you".

Edited by shadow_of_light
  • Veteran Member

A problem with ocd suffereres is that they think that their intrusive thoughts will harm them or those around them. So they take some actions to prevent these unreal harmful incidents which of course will never happen.

As to your ocd, the preventive (useless) action is to repeat that sentence which in fact, not only it doesnt help you, but it makes your ocd worse.

• 3 years later...
Guest Syed razi

Sayyid al aqa qazi tabatabai recomended to concentrate on yourself like meditation for half an hour or so..it really works more ever think that these are satns words not my thoughts and have no basis its only his traps to stop me from becoming a true beleiver.. may allah help you

• Advanced Member
On 7/20/2017 at 1:53 PM, Guest BlessedSign said:

Salaam Alaykum bro :)

I too get these thoughts that sometimes don't go away so don't worry, in fact its probably more common than you think. :) From my experience it is either just your mind playing with you (for example if you ask a person to NOT think about an elephant no matter what, they'll begin to start thinking about an elephant even though before they didn't at all, its the way the mind works) or it is alternatively, waaswaas from shaytaan.

The important thing is what you actually believe and and not these thoughts that won't go away. The fact that you're so worried and actually made this thread in the first place shows you do not believe that Imam Ali (عليه السلام) is God. More importantly, Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì in his all encompassing knowledge KNOWS this and knows what is in your heart and remember he is the most merciful and just. He knows what you actually believe and all the thoughts that enter your mind and how they enter. He knows that you don't actually believe Imam Ali (عليه السلام) is god and that you can't stop these thoughts. He knows that that this then led you to say it to yourself so they would go away but it led to you thinking it/considering it for a second. And since he knows your intention and what you actually believe and the events that led to this, he would not punish you for these thoughts that you do not actually believe and cannot control, as he is the most lenient! (al rafiq!). And the most merciful of all those who show mercy! So don't worry bro.

Once we begin to think about how Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì knows all our thoughts and everything we will ever think, things become easier.
These thought's will just make Religon harder for you when it doesn't need to be. Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì is the most merciful and kind and generous! So as the other users said seek refuge in Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì and don't worry about this. So what if these thoughts keep coming in your mind? You know what you believe and more importantly so does Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, despite whatever comes in your mind! And in his ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì infinite mercy he would never punish you unjustly for something you didn't mean to do or didn't actually believe. So when these thoughts come, consciously remember that Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì knows that these thoughts are coming to you and he knows that you do not believe them, so it doesn't matter what these thoughts say to you, don't worry and just continue whatever you were doing. :)

May Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì bless you. W/salaam! 

would never have thought this is a common issue amongst Shias.  

Interesting...

• Advanced Member

Every time you get a bad thought praise Allah. Say subhanAllah (this bothers your qareen quite a bit). And belittle the shaitan who is making you think this. My qareen tried to bother me the other day so I gave him a tongue lashing and now he's backed off and I don't expect the brat to try the same trick twice. Keep in mind that this is a being that is hurting you, so hit back by doing what he hates and verbally abusing him

Guest Molana Laddan

Darn these thoughts.. those of us who are in habit of thinking, thinking, and more thinking (specially when we are left by our own in three nonsense, Bus, Bed, & Bathroom etc.), are easy victims of these.

Find your exit word, (mine is Astaghfiruallah). Whenever these thoughts get to me in weak moments, and allow me to snap back to conscious mind, I immediately start repeating my exit word. 

Human brains (Aql) combined with our thinking hearts (Qalb) is an amazing thing, it’s also our curse. Learn to overpower these two using the names of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). In my opinion, the reference to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is the only way to tame them. Besides the exit words, pick a name of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and keep it on your tongue (they would eventually seep into your heart, mine is Al-Ali, and a few others) whenever you are alone. It’s also very satisfying to whenever the thoughts take you over, you crush them by these names or exit word. Try it! 

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, 313_Waiter said:

Is it because we call him eyes, hands etc. of Allah? 

Ajeeb.  

I mean, there is a Sunni hadith that Shia arif’s like to quote a lot, “ I am the seeing by which he (my servant whom I love) sees, the grasping by which my servant (whom I love) grasps, etc etc..”

but it is not understood as God being incarnate!  
when I hear that Shias have such issues dealing with the deification of humans (which is a completely unIslamic position) it is a sign that tells me the extent to which Shiaism has been compromised as a valid path leading to God.  

Edited by eThErEaL
  • Advanced Member
On 7/20/2017 at 12:56 PM, muhammad yousuf said:

its the wispering of satan. has nothing to do with you, don't worry Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) sees everything which is for us unseen, also the angles are recording and writing everything and they will be a witness.

pray to  Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) he is most loved, mercifull and forgiving 

read surah tawheed 10x together with ayat al kursi, may allah destroy satan immediately

• Advanced Member
15 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

would never have thought this is a common issue amongst Shias.  

Interesting...

.I have almost never heard that shias having such belief or seen any having such thouts .

Need to get out of Prejudice.

• Advanced Member
15 hours ago, 313_Waiter said:

Is it because we call him eyes, hands etc. of Allah? 

What a ignorant justification. It's never accepted that even by mistake if one think nauzbillah Ali as is God.

I have never heared any such thing.

Unfortunate that Power knowledge of Tawheed.