Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
iamheretoask

Islam's ruling on hair systems/pieces / extensions

Rate this topic

Aslamualaikum, i have tried my best to find an exact ruling about using hair systems for men who have lost their hair in a young age but i am unable to get a satisfactory and logical answer , now i heard and read that it is prohibited to use human hair extensions or wigs or toupees to be exact and it is ok to use the ones which are made of artificial hairs, i did not get that, i mean first of all the purpose i conquered behind forbidding the use of hair pieces or wigs is so that they can be used as a mean of deception but the case is totally different when a person has a real reason to wear toupees if he or she has lost his or her hair in a young age so guys help me out in clearing that confusion , can a person wear human hair made toupee or he is only allowed to wear the artificial ones, the Hadith upon which the ruling of not using human hair extensions is based describes pretty clearly that a girl lost her hair due to some disease and her mother wanted to use hair extensions on her  ( hair from another person ) and Rasulallah (s.a.w.w) forbade her from doing so. so if human hairs are not allowed neither should be the artficial ones becuz they're pretty much the same in looks, only because they were not there at the time of Rasulullah (s.a.w.w) doesn't justifies them to be used. the Hadith i quoted i read from and heard of Ahl-usunnah's book, i want to know what is shia mazhab's take on this issue as inspite of trying my best i was unable to find the shia mazhab's take on this topic, another thing i wanna ask about is if the toupees are allowed then what is the ruling of performing ghusl / wudu wearing them as they are mostly attached to the scalp for a certain period of time and they are fixed for that particular time ( a couple of weeks or months etc), so does one require to remove them every time he is to perform ghusl or wudu( which is a difficult and painful task) or he can perform wudu and ghusl while wearing them and as they are attached with adhesives so there is a possibility that water would not go through such adhesives , by the way they say that these adhesives let water go through them but still what if it doesn't go through, will the ghusl and wudu be still valid ?  i'll also translate this query briefly in urdu so that more users can review and answer that, kya hair replacement units / wigs lagana jayez hai ? kya insani balon wali wig istemal ki ja skti hai ? humaray han aksar logon k jawani mein sar k baal gir jatay hain aur muashra bhi esa hai humara k mazaq banaya jata hai to kya confidence restore krne k liye wig use ki ja skti hai aur kya ye wig insani balon se bani hui ho to bhi jayez hai ya k sirf artificial balon wali jayez hai ?aur agar esi toupees / wigs use krna jayez hai to ye zyada tar fix kr k lagai jati hain sarr pr ek khas time period k liye to us time period k douran wudu aur ghusl k kya ehkaam houngy ? kya har baar wigs ko utara jayega jo k kafi painful process hai ya k un k pehnay huye hee ghusl aur wudu anjaam dia ja skta hai is haal mein k ho skta hai k sar k kisi hisay tk pani touch na ho raha hou , please reply. JazakAllah

Your topic was posted in the Guest Lounge, so I moved it to Jurisprudence where the members who answer religious questions will see it.