Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
DigitalUmmah

Worlds first gay shia khoja nikah (yes nikah)

Rate this topic

Salam, Ya Ali (as) Madad, Lanat upon the enemies of the Ahlulbayt (as)

Aliun Wali Allah Wajib

BAR MUQASSIRREEN LANAT

why did it have to be a shia???

HISTORICAL ACHIEVEMENT FOR KHOJAS

Hooray and Kudo to Ali Raza son of Firoz and Siddika Jessa for boldly solemnising his gay marriage. This is the first in our Khoja history and hope not the last! Slow but sure changes are happening. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWEGc8cAJV7/

As Dr Hasnain Walji rightly said, we as a community must take the reign of Shariat in our own hands rather than rely on scholars who are not willing to move on with time and keep holding to ancient thoughts. Islam is a progressive religion and it evolves with change of time and so should we.

The mother of the groom is the Secretary General of Nasimco, the regional body affiliated to the World Federation of KSIMC. This tells us a lot. Our leaders today are far more educated, brilliant, intellectual, liberal, forward thinking and very accommodating than their predecessors. It is a shame that such a historic marriage was neither solemnised at our own centre nor presided over by our local Imam. 

Our honourable leaders at the World Federation, Africa Federation, Nasimco and Coej have three challenging tasks ahead of them:

1. Replace the regressive preachers in the community with modern and progressive scholars. We are bored, tired and fed up with Iraq and Iran affiliates. Almahdi Institute in Birmingham, UK is a perfect institution to fill in the gap.

2. Incorporate Solemnisation of Gay marriages in our constitution. 

3. Arrange trainings for the Imams to conduct Islamic gay marriages.

Congratulation to Ali Raza, Nasimco and WF for this great revolution and achievement in our community. God bless you all!

Ayaz Manji

what the hell?

there are about 1000 pics of the blushing brides, but i am not going to share them. 

theres three questions that i would like to ask at this juncture:

(1) are we meant to be supportive and friendly towards the gays because of sayed sistanis recent quote about the homos?

(2) are we allowed to change sharia because its fashionable?

(3) how are we, as shia, meant to deal with this absurdity? we are not salafi that we are going to form a lynch mob and go kill anyone, but what should be our response now that the whole world is watching to see how we react? stay silent? denounce? support?

Where do these people live?

3 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

(3) how are we, as shia, meant to deal with this absurdity?

Education.

These people go to the mosque a few times a year to hear the same lectures, and they know nothing about what they should know. They have poor critical thinking skills, they are unfamiliar with any subject in the philosophy of religion and they cannot justify their own religious beliefs. They know how to pray, fast, read the Quran (they may have even memorised some verses), they know who the infallibles are and they go to the mosque in Muharram. But they are still jahil.

This is just the beginning; it's going to get much worse.

Edited by Muhammed Ali

Ohh God!!!!!! WHY WHY WHY..........JUST WHY!!!!!!!?????????
Why can't these people just stop pretending to be Muslims and then do as they please?!
Take charge of their community's "own religious affairs"? Is Islam their community banquet hall? What do these people think of themselves?!!

We should remember not to believe every detail in that forwarded message until we verify it because some of it may be inaccurate, even if there is evidence of wrong doing among some known and unknown persons.

E.g. the message says: “Dr Hasnain Walji rightly said”, I don’t know this (and I don't know that person) so I won’t believe it until I have sufficient evidence.

Edited by Muhammed Ali

2 hours ago, Muhammed Ali said:

We should remember not to believe every detail in that forwarded message until we verify it because some of it may be inaccurate, even if there is evidence of wrong doing among some known and unknown persons.

E.g. the message says: “Dr Hasnain Walji rightly said”, I don’t know this (and I don't know that person) so I won’t believe it until I have sufficient evidence.

I suppose yeah, but the wedding definitely happened.

Yes, there's lot of condemnation going on by the khojas for people involved especially that guy's mother and president of NASIMCO. 

A stern action should be taken against the defaulters including that maulana who read nikah. A total excommunication should be exercised so that creepy things like this don't take strength in our society. 

A very shameless incident indeed. 

Wow. I rely on NASIMCO a lot for moon sightings and the like. Truly shocking. Do you have a link to a news article about this?

EDIT: found the article:

http://aalmiakhbar.com/archives/27285

Edited by gotmuffins!

1 hour ago, gotmuffins! said:

Wow. I rely on NASIMCO a lot for moon sightings and the like. Truly shocking. Do you have a link to a news article about this?

EDIT: found the article:

http://aalmiakhbar.com/archives/27285

NASIMCO just released a statement on their Facebook page regarding this event:

"OFFICIAL STATEMENT

NASIMCO strongly rejects recent allegations that suggest the organization condones and advocates for behaviour that is considered to be un-Islamic. We strive to uphold and promote the values, ideals and practices of the Islamic Shia Ithna-Asheri faith. Any information to the contrary is false and misleading.

In regard to the specific matter highlighting the private life of a NASIMCO official, we assure all community members that we are looking into the issue quite seriously and will address it in an appropriate and timely manner.

We also strongly encourage all community members to discontinue the widespread sharing of misinformation and hate-mongering as this too, goes against our collective Islamic values. Community members have a right to share their valid concerns and we request you to channel these constructively by emailing communications@nasimco.org.

Mohamed Dewji
President, NASIMCO"

Below is another condemnation:

khoja.jpg

Edited by gotmuffins!

15 hours ago, Mohamed1993 said:

My response is, do what you want, you live in a country where gay marriage is allowed, so if you want to do it, go ahead, but don't try and twist the religion to justify your actions. It's haram, it's haram period. The reason I say this is because you will misguide a lot of the younger generation into thinking something is fine and acceptable when its not. You are responsible for your own actions, but when your actions encourage something that is haram amongst youth who would otherwise not be misguided, then its problematic. 

Supportive, no, I don't think we can be supportive of something that's haram, treating them like humans? Sure, I think when you live in a secular country, you have to sort of adopt an approach where you don't have to agree with the practice, but don't show any hate toward the person. My concern here is that they are trying to bend the religion to fit their agenda, which is problematic and dangerous.

No, this is precisely the issue, if you bend one issue, why not bend another then another, the rules were there for a reason, because society can decide arbitrarily something that has been wrong for decades is now seen as acceptable. What's next? Interfamily relationships, incest, zoophilia? Maybe it sounds absurd today, but its the same way this would've seemed unthinkable 50 years ago.  

Exactly my thoughts. I have a 13 nearly 14 yr old son. I have taught him from an early age about the rights/wrongs in Islam. But for those liberals or people that are too busy working, THIS is what can happen. Occupy your child's mind before someone else does!! Schools and media are normalising this. What they (homosexuals) do behind closed doors is their business. But don't let them contaminate yr mind or your offsprings' be very vigilant!

@DigitalUmmah

There is something seriously wrong with the Muslim community. It's as if people are embracing haram acts to 'normalize themselves.

Sell outs. Stand up for Islam not haram. It's like those people that westernized their names. Mo = Mohammed.  Abbas = Bob.

Selling their souls 

7 hours ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Yes, there's lot of condemnation going on by the khojas for people involved especially that guy's mother and president of NASIMCO. 

A stern action should be taken against the defaulters including that maulana who read nikah. A total excommunication should be exercised so that creepy things like this don't take strength in our society. 

A very shameless incident indeed. 

100% agree with you brother.

3 hours ago, Smiles786 said:

@DigitalUmmah

There is something seriously wrong with the Muslim community. It's as if people are embracing haram acts to 'normalize themselves.

Sell outs. Stand up for Islam not haram. It's like those people that westernized their names. Mo = Mohammed.  Abbas = Bob.

Selling their souls 

The normalization of sinning continues.

About 1,500 years after Hz. Isa (Jesus), Christianity went through a Reformist movement where they decided to let go of the laws and focus on the faith alone. 

I feel we are at a similar juncture where there has already begun a battle to maintain the law vs. amend the law per the whims of the people. This battle will be fought at the local level, national level and international level. I am almost certain we have all had these discussions with people around us. The usual steps for the normalization of sinning are:

1) Dont sin
2) Sin but repent
3) Sin but admit to sinning
4) Sin but then deny the act is even a sin at all.

Edited by shiaman14

I am more concerned about other people who steal, oppress and destroy the lives of many and still be called muslims. Moreover, still be praised by many shia muslims.

Two gays marrying and calling themselves muslims can either be a matter of propaganda and/or a matter of being unable to completely leave one's religion (common sense makes me think it is more related to the later). I honestly don't get scandalized by that, nor I think it worsens the current problem in education. That is up to families to correctly educate their kids into islamic thought. Don't make kids if you expect society to educate or keep your kids' integrity intact.

2 hours ago, AidAsSadik said:

Salam

Please change topic name.If is gay,he cant be Shia of Al-Muhammed(s)(estagfirullah)

Wa Salam

Wa Alaikum Salaam. I'm afraid I must disagree with you. While it is absolutely true that any sort of sexual activity outside of marriage [marriage is between men and women] is absolutely haram, a person's same-sex attractions does not make them not a Shi'a or not a Muslim. Everyone has different tests from Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì.

Edited by gotmuffins!

6 minutes ago, gotmuffins! said:

Wa Alaikum Salaam. I'm afraid I must disagree with you. While it is absolutely true that any sort of sexual activity outside of marriage [marriage is between men and women] is absolutely haram, a person's same-sex attractions does not make them not a Shi'a or not a Muslim. Everyone has different tests from Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì.

Homosexuality is forbiden by Allah SwT,Muhammed&Al-Muhammed and all scoolars of Al-Muhammed.But you have right at your opinion.Lets agree that we disagree.Wa Salam

1 hour ago, AidAsSadik said:

Homosexuality is forbiden by Allah SwT,Muhammed&Al-Muhammed and all scoolars of Al-Muhammed.But you have right at your opinion.Lets agree that we disagree.Wa Salam

Homosexual activity is forbidden by Allah.

Wasalaam.

8 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

The mother resigned from NAMISCO. See pdf

Resignation Letter NASIMCO SG.pdf

I can't even imagine being in her place. I know it would have been a very difficult decision for her, but  she could send him for some shock treatment. 

7 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

I can't even imagine being in her place. I know it would have been a very difficult decision for her, but  she could send him for some shock treatment. 

I can imagine it being difficult, but I think this is one of the ways God tests us, he tests us through illness, poverty, losing loved ones. It's difficult to cope and find patience when you're tested this way, but I suppose that's the person's challenge in life. If I was the parent, I'd tell my son not to get married and to try and direct his energy elsewhere, it's easier said than done but I think God never gives us challenges we can't cope with. 

17 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

The mother resigned from NAMISCO. See pdf

Resignation Letter NASIMCO SG.pdf

Does she not realise that by condoning his actions, she is pushing him towards a divine punishment far more severe than what she mentions? She's speaking as if this world is all that there is, and attributes lies to Allah in the process. 

The mother says in her resignation letter

If Ali Reza was your son, what would you do?

So, what would you do?  What would the Aimmah (as) have done?  There may be other mothers out there reading this who have similar situations going on at home.  How can we practically help?

1 hour ago, hashmo said:

The mother says in her resignation letter

So, what would you do?  What would the Aimmah (as) have done?  There may be other mothers out there reading this who have similar situations going on at home.  How can we practically help?

Salaam.

We are tested with our health, wealth and off-spring.

Hz Ibrahim showed us that nothing supercedes the Will of Allah so when he found out that Allah 's will is for Hz Ibrahim to sacrifice his son, Hz Ibrahim did not hesitate for a second. That's a valuable lesson from our text. 

A real world example is a gentleman in my city whose daughter married a Sunni. He cut off all relations with his daughter to the point that when someone asked him how many children he has, he said 1 instead of 2. That's powerful and a real inspiration.

I can see this lady accepting a gay son. What I can't understand is the open endorsement of a haram which is what she did and any Muslim who attended did.

This is one step further from a discussion I started a few months ago where I had to attend a Christian (apparently reverted) and Shia wedding. I don't remember if I wrote this then or had verbal discussions locally that if we endorse inter-faith marriages today, we will have to endorse intra - gender marriages tomorrow.

Openly sinning is a step towards the normalization of sinning. Do it so openly that people who think this is wrong are held guilty.

14 hours ago, Mohamed1993 said:

I can imagine it being difficult, but I think this is one of the ways God tests us, he tests us through illness, poverty, losing loved ones. It's difficult to cope and find patience when you're tested this way, but I suppose that's the person's challenge in life. If I was the parent, I'd tell my son not to get married and to try and direct his energy elsewhere, it's easier said than done but I think God never gives us challenges we can't cope with. 

Ameen, there is sa saying of our 1st Imam that, off-springs and wealth are test for you.

2 hours ago, MohammadAli1993 said:

Can you please tell me if this is what you are talking about. 

Not this "marriage" (if you can call it that, yuck!). The one we are discussing happened in Canada, not UK.

Edited by gotmuffins!

2 hours ago, MohammadAli1993 said:

Can you please tell me if this is what you are talking about.

different one brother. I have pictures from that one but there is no point in posting them.

BTW, NASIMCO released a statement on this:

PRESS RELEASES

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

NASIMCO strongly rejects recent allegations that suggest the organization condones and advocates for behaviour that is considered to be un-Islamic.
We strive to uphold and promote the values, ideals and practices of the Islamic Shia Ithna-Asheri faith. Any information to the contrary is false and misleading.

In regard to the specific matter highlighting the private life of a NASIMCO official, we assure all community members that we are looking into the issue quite seriously and will address it in an appropriate and timely manner.

We also strongly encourage all community members to discontinue the widespread sharing of misinformation and hate-mongering as this too, goes against
our collective Islamic values. Community members have a right to share their valid concerns and we request you to channel these constructively by emailing communications@nasimco.org.

Mohamed Dewji
President, NASIMCO

http://nasimco.org/press-centre/press-releases

Lastly:

On 7/11/2017 at 5:38 PM, DigitalUmmah said:

Salam, Ya Ali (as) Madad, Lanat upon the enemies of the Ahlulbayt (as)

Aliun Wali Allah Wajib

BAR MUQASSIRREEN LANAT

why did it have to be a shia???

HISTORICAL ACHIEVEMENT FOR KHOJAS

Hooray and Kudo to Ali Raza son of Firoz and Siddika Jessa for boldly solemnising his gay marriage. This is the first in our Khoja history and hope not the last! Slow but sure changes are happening. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWEGc8cAJV7/

As Dr Hasnain Walji rightly said, we as a community must take the reign of Shariat in our own hands rather than rely on scholars who are not willing to move on with time and keep holding to ancient thoughts. Islam is a progressive religion and it evolves with change of time and so should we.

The mother of the groom is the Secretary General of Nasimco, the regional body affiliated to the World Federation of KSIMC. This tells us a lot. Our leaders today are far more educated, brilliant, intellectual, liberal, forward thinking and very accommodating than their predecessors. It is a shame that such a historic marriage was neither solemnised at our own centre nor presided over by our local Imam. 

Our honourable leaders at the World Federation, Africa Federation, Nasimco and Coej have three challenging tasks ahead of them:

1. Replace the regressive preachers in the community with modern and progressive scholars. We are bored, tired and fed up with Iraq and Iran affiliates. Almahdi Institute in Birmingham, UK is a perfect institution to fill in the gap.

2. Incorporate Solemnisation of Gay marriages in our constitution. 

3. Arrange trainings for the Imams to conduct Islamic gay marriages.

Congratulation to Ali Raza, Nasimco and WF for this great revolution and achievement in our community. God bless you all!

Ayaz Manji

Although the above text in red was said by Dr Hasnain Walji, he was quoted completely out of context. He was not talking about this wedding or LBGT in general. As a matter of fact, he does not know "Ayaz Manji"

The above letter written by Ayaz Manji  tried to make it seem that this wedding was endorsed by NAMISCO, World Federation, ,CoEJ and Africa Federation when nothing of the sort took place. He used the pretext of this wedding to promote his own agenda.

Disgusting is the only way to desribe this.

This is exactly what happens when your religion is nothing more than just culture. When you take your religion as a joke.

Whether it is idiots trying to implement the kafir cast system into islam with the whole seyyed/non seyyed thing or this disgusting abomination of a freak show.

“I am addicted to drugs and can’t stop!” “I can’t get good grades in school and am just not smart”.  I can’t focus during prayer and can’t pray on time!” “I have a temper which is my nature and that’s not going to change!”  “I have attraction to the same gender and I can’t help it!” “I can never change, that’s just who I am!”  And so on and so forth…

https://www.muslims4peace.org/nature-or-nurture/

Please read

There are two reactions in this case which would be wrong and would set the community in backward directions. 

1) Ignoring this altogether

2) Acting against these people outside the bounds of the religion, i.e. doing a violent act against them. We are Shia, we are not Daish, we do not deal with things in that way. 

We should give the same message in unison. This is not a marriage or an 'Islamic marriage' or anything like that and those people are not spouses according to Islam. What they are are fasiqeen (those who commit sins openly and do not repent). And they should be recognized as such and regarded by the community as such. While we, followers of Ahl Al Bayt(a.s) don't do takfir, so we can't say they are not muslims(in the fiqh definition), they are openly disregarding the religion, i.e. they are fasiq. So the community should deal with them as such(all the rules regarding dealing with fasiq apply to them). If any of their family members or members of the community support them and consider them to be spouses, then whoever supports fusuqh (open disregard of the religion) is also fasiq. Any of their family members that don't support them in this act, they are to be considered members of the community in good standing. 

And the other point is that they are doing nothing new or innovative. There have been many fasiqeen throughout the history of Islam, one of the most infamous being Yazid ibn Muawiyah(la) who used to drink wine publicly. You cannot be a supporter of Imam Husain(a.s) and the killer of Imam Husain(a.s) at the same time. A human only has one kalb(spiritual heart). 

And I send my sincerest dua to the mumineen and muminat in the community of Canada to get thru this fitna and imtihaan with their community and their faith intact, and the curse of Allah(s.w.a) is upon the kufar and munafiqeen. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

@Abu Hadi it is said to make something haram into something halal or vice versa is kufr - if it entails the rejection of a revelation from the Prophet.

It would be like saying khamr is halal after being shown from the Holy Qur'an it is haram.

So yes, this may entail kufr, because they are claiming somethibg which is haram to be halal.

Edited by E.L King