Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
M.IB

Shi'a Scientists

Rate this topic

Hey All,السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

May peace and salawat be upon our dear prophet Mohammad and his dear Ahlul-bayt.

I am sorry if this is not in its correct place but I found it was for personalities,so why not ? :) 

Here are my questions:

1)Is there any Muslim scientists of any origin and field who were Shi'as and tutored by the Imams ? from the 9th century till 11th century ?

2)Some say Al-Khawarizmi was a shia and he was tutored by Imam Rida [A.S] ? Any sources ?

3)Any Imams [A.S] away from being masters in religion,were actually scientist ? 

4)Were Prophet Mohammad [S.A.W.A.W.S] and Imam Ali and his 2 sons [A.S.A] knowing in sciences such as physics,chemistry,Mathematics,astronomy etc.. ?

Have a good day sisters and brothers :) 

1 hour ago, Unforgiven said:

Hey All,السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

May peace and salawat be upon our dear prophet Mohammad and his dear Ahlul-bayt.

I am sorry if this is not in its correct place but I found it was for personalities,so why not ? :) 

Here are my questions:

1)Is there any Muslim scientists of any origin and field who were Shi'as and tutored by the Imams ? from the 9th century till 11th century ?

2)Some say Al-Khawarizmi was a shia and he was tutored by Imam Rida [A.S] ? Any sources ?

3)Any Imams [A.S] away from being masters in religion,were actually scientist ? 

4)Were Prophet Mohammad [S.A.W.A.W.S] and Imam Ali and his 2 sons [A.S.A] knowing in sciences such as physics,chemistry,Mathematics,astronomy etc.. ?

Have a good day sisters and brothers :) 

Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem. Alhamdulillah Rabbi Alamin. 

Momin, the Imams (alayhis salam) were blessed with knowledge by Allah (azwj) . They werent only blessed with al-Hukm (religous knowledge) but they were blessed with Ilm (knowledge) as a whole. They were blessed with varieties of knowledge in Algebra, Trigonometry, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Earth Sciences (Geography, Geology), etc. They taught these things to their followers. In order for them to properly lead the Ummah, Allah had to bless them with such knowledge so they could advance and be brought closer to Allah. Historians say that Mathematics can be traced back all the way to the Abbasid Caliphate (Sunni Caliph) during the Minor Occultation, influenced by the impact of the previous Imams. To answer your 4th question, yes. They had powerful divinity in them. Assalam Alaikum.