Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
sidnaq

help needed from ex christians

Rate this topic

27 minutes ago, AfricanShia said:

I left Christian faith because it simply doesnt make sense and that Islam makes more sense. DONT WATCH THESE VIDEOS! THESE PEOPLE ARE FAKE CONVERTS THAT WANT TO BRAINWASH PEOPLE INTO THINKING ISLAM IS WRONG!! The Mighty One sharing Divinity with a Man? If Jesus had any share of Divinity then he would be so powerful. Jesus ate, he slept, he did everything that a human needs to do to survive. 

Salam brother, how do you know they are fake bro?

3 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

Salam brother, how do you know they are fake bro?

Listen I may be young but I aint stupid. I have debunked these videos before. They all say the same stupid propaganda about Islam that its so violent and then they saw Jesus and he told them to become Christian. I have seen dozens of these videos. Dozens and they are all the same. 

Edited by AfricanShia

1 minute ago, Qa'im said:

A lot of these high-profile Muslim converts to Christianity are fake, and cannot even re-enact the Muslim prayer.  There most famous fake is probably Ergun Caner, but there are others who either were never Muslim or were nominally Muslim. Either way, if other people leave the truth, it does not mean the truth is not the truth.

Thats what im trying to point out. 

Some convert from Islam to Christianity. Others from Christianity to Islam. Some just convert to another group within the same religion. All for a  variety of reasons. Most of us stay with the religion of our parents and are not affected by "hostile" propaganda.

Sister, no matter what, I ask you, NEVER watch those videos! These people make these type of videos for one of these reasons, fame, attention, or the fact that they are embarrassed to be Muslim, so make up a video so that they can leave looking " cool ", that they survived the terror.

I ask you to not worry, and to not have doubts. They are of the biggest liars. Muhammad SAW and Imam Ali (a.s) warned us about these people.

Edited by Hussaini624

Let us take a look at the Quran.

وَاِنۡ تُطِعۡ اَكۡثَرَ مَنۡ فِى الۡاَرۡضِ يُضِلُّوۡكَ عَنۡ سَبِيۡلِ اللّٰهِؕ اِنۡ يَّتَّبِعُوۡنَ اِلَّا الظَّنَّ وَاِنۡ هُمۡ اِلَّا يَخۡرُصُوۡنَ‏
(6:116)  If you obey the majority of those who live on earth, they will lead you away from Allah's path. They only follow idle fancies, indulging in conjecture.

Quran here is telling us that the majority is not always right. Just because there is a bigger group, does not at all mean that they are with the truth. Imam Hussein (a.s) proved this to us on the Day of Karbala. Let us never forget.

3 hours ago, andres said:

Some convert from Islam to Christianity. Others from Christianity to Islam. Some just convert to another group within the same religion. All for a  variety of reasons. Most of us stay with the religion of our parents and are not affected by "hostile" propaganda.

Hmm. Aha! Tsk tsk tsk. I see your agenda my friend. Heh! Its not going to work here! lol heheheheehe. :)

@sidnaq . Imma be straight foward with you. Right now it is a very very bad time to lose your faith. Im talking about the prophecies. They're getting worse. Stay strong Sister. Allah is right there. Watching you. He understands you. Dont give up now. If you give up, then a piece of my heart will be gone. It hurts me to witness Shia leaving the faith. It hurts. 

16 hours ago, Qa'im said:

A lot of these high-profile Muslim converts to Christianity are fake, and cannot even re-enact the Muslim prayer.  The most famous fake is probably Ergun Caner, but there are others who either were never Muslim or were nominally Muslim. Either way, if other people leave the truth, it does not mean the truth is not the truth.

Your like a Ghost. 

As for as I'm concerned, there is no such thing as an "ex-Muslim". You're either a Muslim or a kafir - you've either chosen Islam or you have rejected it - your parents have their own destiny. You shouldn't get any recognition or legitimacy for having Muslim parentage. It's a religion not a culture.

23 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

Hmm. Aha! Tsk tsk tsk. I see your agenda my friend. Heh! Its not going to work here! lol heheheheehe. :)

We may not have time or interest to read every post, but there is no reason to be afraid to read propaganda as long as we dont loose our common sense. 

6 minutes ago, andres said:

We may not have time or interest to read every post, but there is no reason to be afraid to read propaganda as long as we dont loose our common sense. 

Tsk tsk tsk. 

Very uninforming comments in this thread,

@sidnaq  it is your choice whether or not you would like to study any case or matter that pertains to things you find personal. I don't find it right for anyone to ask her not to watch these videos. What I will say however is that there are many videos just like this that are created by movie editors and producers (they do this because it is their job; most have an education background in it) who will use your emotions against you through tropes like experiencing a revelation through dreams, experiencing a physical visit by their Lord, and other means which can emotionally impact how you feel and what you may believe, even if it may not necessarily be true at all.

There are very healthy options to go through this like comparing and contrasting scriptural verses and their context; understanding theological similarities and differences, understanding why they are different and so on. You have the freedom of mind to make the choice in your own matter but I implore you that you must spend a large amount of time in studying and pondering. You cannot enter a belief system you have no knowledge of; likewise in order to subscribe to a certain dogma you must know, for the most part, the extremely essential parts of a belief system. 

Also, it is more then normal to have doubts and I find that healthy personally; it means you are thinking. Let these doubts be extinguished through your personal studying and inshallah through keeping true to yourself you will arrive to nothing but truth. Salaam

(Also, If you would like information, i've spent a majority of the past year and a half studying interfaith theology between Christians and Muslims. I could help you understand where to start if you'd like to message me). We also have a small amount of Christian members on this site you could ask for information as well. Good luck 

On 7/11/2017 at 9:42 AM, sidnaq said:

Sure umm, can you explain to me why islam is the correct religion?

The religious person's answer is always like this:

You can't disprove God therefore my God is true. 
My God says that he is the only real God.
Therefore all other gods are disproved. 

Anyone who thinks otherwise is deceived by Satan. 

:)

I couldn't even watch it all. It's fake, it's blasphemy. 

There are real experiences where people see angels, or hear, or feel. These people don't do videos, and that's not how their stories end. These experiences have much value to the person, but rarely to anyone else, thus they are not often told. The message given does not put a person on easy street either. Usually they end up with a lot of work to do, not much pay, not much credit.

I do know of a woman who went through the same abusive situation with a Muslim husband. She converted to Islam because of him, and eagerly learned the religion. Bad mistake for a Canadian girl, (still Muslim, divorced). The equality isn't there. Doesn't mean marrying a non Muslim will be any better.

Depending on the Christian breed, the equality isn't there either. The husband is to be the head, that is all. At least women can be saved from hell, but it's mainly implied by the word "mankind", and they still teach the same fire breathing, condemning god that demands a tightrope of impossible orders be followed and only this religious sect has it and the rest are demon worshipers, as if . It's all religious leverage, don't buy it. All scriptures were written by men, for men. In contrast, take a look at Ruth, (a book in the Old Testament). Describe her religion if you can.

To be honest, equality is found in the secular world. 

19 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

To be honest, equality is found in the secular world. 

Unequality is also to be found in the secular world. But the secular world is not bound by rules 1400 or 2.000 years old. Today most(?) Christians have realised that the Bible must be interpreted to fit cobditions different from when it was written. Most(?) Muslims have not yet dared to take this step. One of many reasons the Arab world is in such a mess. 

18 hours ago, sidnaq said:

Sure umm, can you explain to me why islam is the correct religion?

Sister I would recommend you to watch debates in speakers corner Muslim vs Christian. There are points Muslims bring which the Christians can never have a valid answer to. And don't bother watching these convert videos. If Ibless managed to turn his back from Allah so can either one of us. Take certain Sahaba as an example. Take Judas the disciple of Jesus as an example. Take the people of Moses as an example. If these videos shake your Imaan then look at your character and ask yourself if you are a gullible person or not. May Allah bless u 

As-salaamu 'alaykum brother!

Mostly these videos are fake. We had Ergun Caner who is a practising Christian and was an "ex-Muslim". But, was horribly exposed as a liar. There are several Christian organizations that use deceit to convert Muslims to Christianity, although no one with strong faith will ever fall for their traps. 

I've debated with numerous Christians for several years and the common strategy among them is "conversion by emotion" -- They appeal to emotions a lot -- "Jesus died for your sins", Jesus loves you" and so on.

When the Christian nation, America, invaded Iraq and Afghanistan, they went there with their Bibles, but Alhamdulillah the Sunnis and Shi'ah have strong faith in Allaah even though we have some differences, tawheed is necessary to hold onto. 

The fact of the matter is that Christians believe in Jesus as a god and therefore they're kuffaar and to neglect this (i.e., their kufr) is a rejection of the qur'aan. The Qur'aan clearly says that those who say that Jesus is god has disbelived. 

By the way bro, you can check it out, numerous white women are converting to Islam. There are more female converts to Islam than male converts. If Islam is oppressive towards women then why do they convert? The reason is really simple, it gives rights to women within limits while this 21st century has made it more difficult for women since she can have the same responsibilities as men. She has to go and earn a living and therefore has competition i.e., men. Men get more salary and are more fit to do certain works. The qur'aan says that  men are the breadwinners. 

The west has also thrown away the sanctity of marriage. Now we have transexuals and homosexuals. Christian nations where everything is thrown in the gutter. 

wa Allaahu 'alaam! 

6 hours ago, Melvind said:

As-salaamu 'alaykum brother!

Mostly these videos are fake. We had Ergun Caner who is a practising Christian and was an "ex-Muslim". But, was horribly exposed as a liar. There are several Christian organizations that use deceit to convert Muslims to Christianity, although no one with strong faith will ever fall for their traps. 

I've debated with numerous Christians for several years and the common strategy among them is "conversion by emotion" -- They appeal to emotions a lot -- "Jesus died for your sins", Jesus loves you" and so on.

When the Christian nation, America, invaded Iraq and Afghanistan, they went there with their Bibles, but Alhamdulillah the Sunnis and Shi'ah have strong faith in Allaah even though we have some differences, tawheed is necessary to hold onto. 

The fact of the matter is that Christians believe in Jesus as a god and therefore they're kuffaar and to neglect this (i.e., their kufr) is a rejection of the qur'aan. The Qur'aan clearly says that those who say that Jesus is god has disbelived. 

By the way bro, you can check it out, numerous white women are converting to Islam. There are more female converts to Islam than male converts. If Islam is oppressive towards women then why do they convert? The reason is really simple, it gives rights to women within limits while this 21st century has made it more difficult for women since she can have the same responsibilities as men. She has to go and earn a living and therefore has competition i.e., men. Men get more salary and are more fit to do certain works. The qur'aan says that  men are the breadwinners. 

The west has also thrown away the sanctity of marriage. Now we have transexuals and homosexuals. Christian nations where everything is thrown in the gutter. 

wa Allaahu 'alaam! 

This is a PASTOR who left CHRISTIANITY 

Have fun watching it

Christians are in Rage after he left and making these videos 

On July 9, 2017 at 6:48 PM, sidnaq said:

Can any ex christian here tell me why they left and came to islam.i am starting to get doubts after videos like this. WARNING VIDEO IS NOT FOR PEOPLE OF WEAK FAITH OR OTHER THINGS ETC.

There are " convert" videos like this on just about every religion on the planet,as well as ones in which people explain why they left all religion. People leave or change their religion for many reasons. Do you think this woman understood her former faith correctly?

This is also a bit disingenuous. Depending on sect and interpretation, Christianity can be quite patriarchal and there is a well-developed concept of hell,especially among the sects that view CBN....lol.

I personally don't care for the network or others like it of any faith, . It is short on intelligent discourse and at least some of their stuff is not verifiable,IMHO . There was one testimony,since taken down, in which one American woman was claiming she was " tricked" into marriage and conversion to a  American Muslim Arab ( she was fully adult at the times and lived quite the good life with him ,all in America in full view of her American family, on his dime,including having kids, until she decided to divorce him. ) She then went on CBN to talk about her " brutal" husband. I asked some pertinent questions online, including the name of the ( American) mosque where this " trick" marriage and conversion  had taken place. Crickets. Then I asked why she never contacted her close-by family or the police if she was being abused.  More crickets. I also asked why she let her children have visitation with this " brutal" husband and did not contact CPS. Insects are loud. I was thanked for my interest but got zip for answers.

14 hours ago, MohammadAli1993 said:

This is a PASTOR who left CHRISTIANITY 

Have fun watching it

Christians are in Rage after he left and making these videos 

Where was this gentleman a " pastor"? ( I have no idea who he is nor, I suspect, have 99.999999...% of other Christians, so the " raging" is doubtful.)

Where did this fellow go to seminary?

What degree did he attain?

Reason for asking: These historical issues are discussed in first year seminary,  if not before. 

On July 9, 2017 at 7:02 PM, notme said:

Christianity appeals to emotion without reason, Islam to reason supplemented by emotion. How do you want to live?

This,however,  is not my experience of Christianity.

Catholicism is very cerebral,IMHO. 

3 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

This,however,  is not my experience of Christianity.

Catholicism is very cerebral,IMHO. 

As I previously mentioned, I was only nominally Catholic for the sake of satisfying my parents. I claim no special expertise beyond the average lukewarm Catholic school student. 

I always had a problem with the concept of original sin.