In the Name of God بسم الله

How come houris get free Paradise?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

:bismillah:

Salam Alaikom

23 hours ago, E.L King said:

There are no male "houris". The word itself in Arabic is related to females, and nowhere in the Holy Qur'an or the hadiths has it been used to apply to males.

Males having more than one partner is not an abomination, females having more than one partner is an abomination and zina.

Seriously so you are saying based on what that zina exist in hereafter! It is not about having many partners or not, clearly are you sure that every male will have many females and that there is no male with one female just because of the existence of 'houris'! Are you sure the word is only mentioned for females and not in general sense that indicate both male and female, did you read the islamquest link i put as a simple reference! I do not say it, it is what scholars say. Are you sure that nowhere in hadith it is applied for males, you must have done an extensive research please share with us. The issue is not about polygamy, take it easy. So let us say if female believer have one male houri it would be okay because that male houri is not from this world [this one difference only]. So this way we can erase the issue of your last sentence on the above quote.

23 hours ago, E.L King said:

I will get back to the linguistic comment later. But the Holy Qur'an never spoke about "male companions", that is a lie and attributing a lie to Allah is a major sin. It is speaking about servants, servants who will serve men and women with food etc... Not male sexual prostitutes, that is disgusting and zina.

You can check every hadith and it will always refer to hoor al-ayn as females who are rewards to the believing men.

"Male houris" is a new belief that has risen lately due to the rise of feminism and other false ideologies.

Like again what is the issue of zina, i do not understand, do you thing the marriage recitation the way we do it here for engagement is valid there?! Or they will get engaged and than go to paradise because no one is getting in as single?! Nobody said the Holy Quran spoke about male houris so no major sin is occurring [الحمد الله], just saying the word applies in general sense and as female houris; we are here to discuss and not to decide, and by the way this issue for this topic is something secondary and not the main issue of the one who started it. Please bring forward the linguistic comments! Are you sure that there is no hadith indicting male houris in paradise, based on what source and conviction are you writing like this with surety! Seriously can you share an article or something you have read that its due to the rise of feminism and false ideologies? The issue of servants is more horrible or fantastic, because slavery is something bad and there is creators serving you, surprisingly? And it is mentioned in the Holy Quran, how should we explain this to the Islamic World, but let us first solve the issue of houris and gain a common understanding and understand each other.

22 hours ago, E.L King said:

But one thing I can assure you is there is no male "virgins" for women in Heaven, while there are for men. The texts are explicit. Also, the believing women will be united with their believing husbands.

How can you be sure there is no male virgins for women in jannah, if we sit aside the issue of male houris, still there is virgins because if a little boy dies and goes to jannah is he not virgin, plus if we discard the nice time he may have in barzakh. Oh, wait if he dies with a little body in this world suddenly goes in barzakh with full grown barzakhi 'body', amazing, no; no COME ON it can not be it! But for hereafter this 'worldly body' we will have, again very intellectual and amazing!??? How can you assure me there is no male virgins, please assure me intellectually, i do not understand! Must they be united because of living in this world, can they not reject, if female believer not reject, why and what for no objection from them?

On 7/1/2017 at 7:18 PM, Ali.Isa said:

If angels have freewill and humans freewill for sure is known, and needs no further discussion maybe we should consider houris having freewill as such even consider them paradise humans which Three-One-Three 'suggests why we are not from start there'. So we are not of them, but we can reproduce and genealogy exists but such thing does not exist for houris or it exists! If humans after judgement day go to paradise of all pleasures they get, they can continue rising children or child exist there or not. Having/rising/loving child can also be a pleasure.

So the main thing of having sex is reproduction in this world; does it apply for hereafter or just the pleasure, it is what the other sibling says. Because this body reproduce, and if no reproduction in hereafter, than have our bodies changed more dramatically than the change of barzakh. Clearly there is no eating and going washroom in paradise, does this make our body different, do we have same body; from this perspective the sibling says not that oh we will get resurrected with spirit and body under soil. So maybe we get a high quality body but still from soil!

Edited by Ali.Isa

• Advanced Member

Salam,

22 hours ago, E.L King said:

Their gratification will come by their husbands, no doubt about that. No one said that females will stand in a corner with their hands on their chin, all we are saying is like dunya, men have the opportunity of polygamy with more than one woman, unlike females. 

Who said the issue is about polygamy, we are not discussing that now, we are not so far into the discussion to in first place agree to wrestle with each other on polygamy issue and that for female in paradise!

18 hours ago, IbnSina said:

It speaks more to my logic that there is no male "hooris" for intimacy for believing women.

What would be the point to be brought to heaven with your wife/wives in a situation like that?

Next thing you know, people will say that you can have female hooris for muslim women if they want for intimacy, and then one thing follows the other and they will argue that homosexuality is okay.

Your second sentence with question, is nice i like it.

It is about hereafter we are talking and not here, this world. There is no need for homo issue, because if two females are friends they can do majority of things together but not reproduce in this world and hereafter reproduction not necessary and to gain pleasure probably very cheap and bad way with much less pleasure compared with a male, no intellectual and sound human [oh i used human instead directly using the word man; i have a point there] or houry will agree!, No point to discuss.

7 hours ago, E.L King said:

I said that concerning women who have husbands, as for women who don't have husbands - who knows? It is best not to speculate.

One thing I am making clear is all I am saying is there is no polygamy for women in Jannah, only for men.

As for those Verses, all they are saying is that you won't feel hunger etc... not that you won't eat. I don't need to be hungry to enjoy the pleasures of eating, otherwise you will be contradicting the other Verses that mention eating and drinking in Jannah. 

Furthermore, the hadiths tell us there will be intercourse and virgins in Jannah, this is clear. Jannah is physical.

There is no need for speculation, am not spending my time to speculate with siblings here dear brother, plus the female believer with male husband in hell get male believer so simple it is. Again we are and we were not discussing the issue of polygamy for women in Jannah or even male was excluded from the discussion; you are taking our time by mentioning it... 

22 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

The reason why we are is because we wanted to be here. Allah asked us and brought us here. There are spirits in Barzakh that never went to Earth. Tsk tsk tsk. Got to be careful. You have to realize how fair Allah is. 

Great point, very good you took your time to write something that has to do with the discussion, thank you for writing it. Because what we 'others' are talking is something secondary that has to do with the discussion.

Edited by Ali.Isa

1 hour ago, E.L King said:

Yes, those Verses are about men and t can be proven through qara'in. I just checked the sayings of the mufasireen, they all agree hoor al een are women.

Have you checked all the mufassireen? Here is one translation & tafseer:

44:54 Thus shall it be. And We shall pair them with companions pure, most beautiful of eye. [30]

Note 30 (Quran Ref: 44:54 )

For the rendering of hur’in as "companions pure, most beautiful of eye", see surah 56,notes 8 and 13. It is to be noted that the noun zawj (lit., "a pair" or - according to the context - "one of a pair") applies to either of the two sexes, as does the transitive verb zawaja, "he paired" or "joined", i.e., one person with another.(Quran Ref: 44:54 )

56:22 And [with them will be their] companions pure, most beautiful of eye, [8]
Note 8 (Quran Ref: 56:22 )

The noun hur - rendered by me as "companions pure" - is a plural of both ahwar (masc.) and hawra (fem.), either of which describes "a person distinguished by hawar", which latter term primarily denotes "intense whiteness of the eyeballs and lustrous black of the iris" (Qamus). In a more general sense, hawar signifies simply "whiteness" (Asas) or, as a moral qualification, "purity" (cf. Tabari, Razi and Ibn Kathir in their explanations of the term hawariyyun in 3:52 ). Hence, the compound expression hur’in signifies, approximately, "pure beings [or, more specifically, "companions pure"], most beautiful of eye" (which latter is the meaning of in, the plural of a’yan). In his comments on the identical expression in 52:20, Razi observes that inasmuch as a person’s eye reflects his soul more clearly than any other part of the human body, in may be understood as "rich of soul" or "soulful". As regards the term hur in its more current, feminine connotation, quite a number of the earliest Qur’an-commentators - among them Al-Hasan al-Basri - understood it as signifying no more and no less than "the righteous among the women of the human kind" (Tabari) - "[even] those toothless old women of yours whom God will resurrect as new beings" (Al-Hasan, as quoted by Razi in his comments on 44:54). See in this connection also note 46 on 38:52.(Quran Ref: 56:22 )

And also see this note for explanation of word "firash" mentioned in verse 56:34

Note 13 (Quran Ref: 56:34 )

Or: "[they will rest on] couches raised high". The rendering adopted by me is regarded as fully justified by some of the most outstanding commentators (e.g., Baghawi, Zamakhshari , Razi, Baydawi, etc.), and this for two reasons: firstly, because in the classical Arabic idiom, the term firash (lit., "bed" or "couch") is often used tropically to denote "wife" or "husband" (Raghib; also Qamus, Taj al-'Arus, etc.); and, secondly, because of the statement in the next verse that God "shall have brought them (hunna) into being in a life renewed". (In the context of this interpretation, Zamakhshari quotes also 36:56, which thus refers to the inmates of paradise: "… in happiness will they and their spouses on couches recline". There is no doubt that the "spouses raised high" - i.e., to the status of the blest - are identical with the hur mentioned in verse 22 above as well as in 44:54, 52:20 and 55:72.(Quran Ref: 56:34 )

2 hours ago, E.L King said:

As for the howariyoun, they were the companions/disciples of Isa (AS). Unrelated to this topic.

Al-hawariyyun (sing. hawari) is the designation applied in the Qur'an to the disciples of Jesus. Many interpretations of this term (derived from hawar, "whiteness") are given by the commentators, ranging from "one who whitens clothes by washing them" (because this was allegedly the occupation of some of Jesus' disciples) to "one who wears white garments", or "one whose heart is white", i.e., pure (cf. Tabari, Razi, Ibn Kathir).

The point here is not who were hawariyyun, but the noun itself, which is derived from "hawar".

Men will have intercourse in Heaven and the hadiths prove that. I can quote hadiths if you want me to. Just ask me brother. 

Yes brother, please share with us the hadith with its asnaad. It will help us to understand the nature of our Jannati body.

Do you have any idea of nature of their sexual life? If there is a sexual contact, would there be reproduction? While there will be no thirst & hunger, would the Jannati bodies contain digestive systems & excretory systems? Have you ever ponder, how we get milk & honey here in this world & how would there be flowing lakes of milk & honey in the gardens? Enlighten us brother, because, it appears that you have some real knowledge.

I have heard a nasibi mullah, telling people that in the jannah, people do intercourse with hoor and each intercourse would be 50,000 years long.

Yes, those Verses are about men and t can be proven through qara'in

I see, but I would present before you different verses of Quran, lets have a look on them:

وَمَن يَعْمَلْ مِنَ الصَّالِحَاتَ مِن ذَكَرٍ أَوْ أُنثَى وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَأُوْلَـئِكَ يَدْخُلُونَ الْجَنَّةَ وَلاَ يُظْلَمُونَ نَقِيرًا

And whoever does good deeds whether male or female and he (or she) is a believer- these shall enter the garden, and they shall not be dealt with a jot unjustly (4:124)

مَنْ عَمِلَ صَالِحًا مِّن ذَكَرٍ أَوْ أُنثَى وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَلَنُحْيِيَنَّهُ حَيَاةً طَيِّبَةً وَلَنَجْزِيَنَّهُمْ أَجْرَهُم بِأَحْسَنِ مَا كَانُواْ يَعْمَلُونَ

Whoever does good whether male or female and he is a believer, We will most certainly make him live a happy life, and We will most certainly give them their reward for the best of what they did (16:97)

مَنْ عَمِلَ سَيِّئَةً فَلَا يُجْزَى إِلَّا مِثْلَهَا وَمَنْ عَمِلَ صَالِحًا مِّن ذَكَرٍ أَوْ أُنثَى وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَأُوْلَئِكَ يَدْخُلُونَ الْجَنَّةَ يُرْزَقُونَ فِيهَا بِغَيْرِ حِسَابٍ

Whoever does an evil, he shall bot be recompensed (with aught) but the like of it, and whoever does good, whether male or female, and he is a believer, these shall enter the garden, in which they shall be given sustenance without measure (40:40)

So after quoting these verses, my question is that what made you sure that all the muttaqeen mentioned in those verses were males? Or do you think that very few females will be able to enter into the paradise? If not how can you explain the justice of Allah as mentioned in verse 4:124 i.e., they shall not be dealt with a jot unjustly.

• Advanced Member

Salam, not to forget the issue of the verse that mentions spouses of 'their own kind' so is houris of our kind whilst we know they are not made from soil like us. Or we are like them; or the reality of soil in hereafter is something else and the houris are it. Salsabeel, it is what come in my mind readying the last latest sentences of the first post from up, after my post. I had to mention it, for more explanation and the issue of our body. Are we going to be comfortable with them whilst if we say we are to different kinds of creation.

Edited by Ali.Isa

6 hours ago, Ali.Isa said:

Salsabeel, it is what come in my mind readying the last latest sentences of the first post from up, after my post. I had to mention it, for more explanation and the issue of our body. Are we going to be comfortable with them whilst if we say we are to different kinds of creation.

Are you pointing towards this one:

7 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

and, secondly, because of the statement in the next verse that God "shall have brought them (hunna) into being in a life renewed". (In the context of this interpretation, Zamakhshari quotes also 36:56, which thus refers to the inmates of paradise: "… in happiness will they and their spouses on couches recline". There is no doubt that the "spouses raised high" - i.e., to the status of the blest - are identical with the hur mentioned in verse 22 above as well as in 44:54, 52:20 and 55:72.(Quran Ref: 56:34 )

12 hours ago, Ali.Isa said:

Salam Alaikom

Seriously so you are saying based on what that zina exist in hereafter! It is not about having many partners or not, clearly are you sure that every male will have many females and that there is no male with one female just because of the existence of 'houris'! Are you sure the word is only mentioned for females and not in general sense that indicate both male and female, did you read the islamquest link i put as a simple reference! I do not say it, it is what scholars say. Are you sure that nowhere in hadith it is applied for males, you must have done an extensive research please share with us. The issue is not about polygamy, take it easy. So let us say if female believer have one male houri it would be okay because that male houri is not from this world [this one difference only]. So this way we can erase the issue of your last sentence on the above quote.

Like again what is the issue of zina, i do not understand, do you thing the marriage recitation the way we do it here for engagement is valid there?! Or they will get engaged and than go to paradise because no one is getting in as single?! Nobody said the Holy Quran spoke about male houris so no major sin is occurring [الحمد الله], just saying the word applies in general sense and as female houris; we are here to discuss and not to decide, and by the way this issue for this topic is something secondary and not the main issue of the one who started it. Please bring forward the linguistic comments! Are you sure that there is no hadith indicting male houris in paradise, based on what source and conviction are you writing like this with surety! Seriously can you share an article or something you have read that its due to the rise of feminism and false ideologies? The issue of servants is more horrible or fantastic, because slavery is something bad and there is creators serving you, surprisingly? And it is mentioned in the Holy Quran, how should we explain this to the Islamic World, but let us first solve the issue of houris and gain a common understanding and understand each other.

How can you be sure there is no male virgins for women in jannah, if we sit aside the issue of male houris, still there is virgins because if a little boy dies and goes to jannah is he not virgin, plus if we discard the nice time he may have in barzakh. Oh, wait if he dies with a little body in this world suddenly goes in barzakh with full grown barzakhi 'body', amazing, no; no COME ON it can not be it! But for hereafter this 'worldly body' we will have, again very intellectual and amazing!??? How can you assure me there is no male virgins, please assure me intellectually, i do not understand! Must they be united because of living in this world, can they not reject, if female believer not reject, why and what for no objection from them?

So the main thing of having sex is reproduction in this world; does it apply for hereafter or just the pleasure, it is what the other sibling says. Because this body reproduce, and if no reproduction in hereafter, than have our bodies changed more dramatically than the change of barzakh. Clearly there is no eating and going washroom in paradise, does this make our body different, do we have same body; from this perspective the sibling says not that oh we will get resurrected with spirit and body under soil. So maybe we get a high quality body but still from soil!

First of all sir, you are putting words in my mouth. Completely the opposite of what I said. I said there will be no zina in the Afterlife, please keep up. Yes, I have done extensive research and have asked actual Shaykhs about this, can you read Arabic? There is no male "houri" at all. The issue of houris is related to intercourse, so if you say there is male houris then you say there are male who are ready to have intercourse with females in the Afterlife, while they are married to their husbands.

Let me ask you, can you read Arabic? If so, http://www.hawzah.net/ar/Question/View/61301/الحور-العين-

And Sayyed Tabataba'i states: 

والحور العين نساء الجنة

And the hour al-ayn are the women of Jannah.

That should be clear enough, along with the fact that they have been described in a feminine manner in the Qur'an.

I didn't say there is marriage recitation in jannah, again words in my mouth brother. I said there is no zina, because there is intercourse in Jannah. The hour al-ayn are women which whom have been given to the male believers.

Also I don't understand your whole "afterlife body" thing. We're going to have the same body in thr afterlife, I already showed you what Shaykh Al-Mufid said. The only ones who deny this are the Christians and some deviant sects.

I don't know why you are denying eating in Jannah, when it is clear we eat in Jannah based on the Qur'an.

11 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

I see, but I would present before you different verses of Quran, lets have a look on them:

وَمَن يَعْمَلْ مِنَ الصَّالِحَاتَ مِن ذَكَرٍ أَوْ أُنثَى وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَأُوْلَـئِكَ يَدْخُلُونَ الْجَنَّةَ وَلاَ يُظْلَمُونَ نَقِيرًا

And whoever does good deeds whether male or female and he (or she) is a believer- these shall enter the garden, and they shall not be dealt with a jot unjustly (4:124)

مَنْ عَمِلَ صَالِحًا مِّن ذَكَرٍ أَوْ أُنثَى وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَلَنُحْيِيَنَّهُ حَيَاةً طَيِّبَةً وَلَنَجْزِيَنَّهُمْ أَجْرَهُم بِأَحْسَنِ مَا كَانُواْ يَعْمَلُونَ

Whoever does good whether male or female and he is a believer, We will most certainly make him live a happy life, and We will most certainly give them their reward for the best of what they did (16:97)

مَنْ عَمِلَ سَيِّئَةً فَلَا يُجْزَى إِلَّا مِثْلَهَا وَمَنْ عَمِلَ صَالِحًا مِّن ذَكَرٍ أَوْ أُنثَى وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَأُوْلَئِكَ يَدْخُلُونَ الْجَنَّةَ يُرْزَقُونَ فِيهَا بِغَيْرِ حِسَابٍ

Whoever does an evil, he shall bot be recompensed (with aught) but the like of it, and whoever does good, whether male or female, and he is a believer, these shall enter the garden, in which they shall be given sustenance without measure (40:40)

So after quoting these verses, my question is that what made you sure that all the muttaqeen mentioned in those verses were males? Or do you think that very few females will be able to enter into the paradise? If not how can you explain the justice of Allah as mentioned in verse 4:124 i.e., they shall not be dealt with a jot unjustly.

I don't understand this question sir.

12 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

Al-hawariyyun (sing. hawari) is the designation applied in the Qur'an to the disciples of Jesus. Many interpretations of this term (derived from hawar, "whiteness") are given by the commentators, ranging from "one who whitens clothes by washing them" (because this was allegedly the occupation of some of Jesus' disciples) to "one who wears white garments", or "one whose heart is white", i.e., pure (cf. Tabari, Razi, Ibn Kathir).

The point here is not who were hawariyyun, but the noun itself, which is derived from "hawar".

Yes brother, please share with us the hadith with its asnaad. It will help us to understand the nature of our Jannati body.

Do you have any idea of nature of their sexual life? If there is a sexual contact, would there be reproduction? While there will be no thirst & hunger, would the Jannati bodies contain digestive systems & excretory systems? Have you ever ponder, how we get milk & honey here in this world & how would there be flowing lakes of milk & honey in the gardens? Enlighten us brother, because, it appears that you have some real knowledge.

I have heard a nasibi mullah, telling people that in the jannah, people do intercourse with hoor and each intercourse would be 50,000 years long.

Okay, here we go:

إِنَّ أَهْلَ الْجَنَّةِ مَا يَتَلَذَّذُونَ بِشَيْ‏ءٍ فِي الْجَنَّةِ أَشْهَى عِنْدَهُمْ مِنَ النِّكَاحِ لَا طَعَامٍ وَ لَا شَرَابٍ (تفسير العياشي ج1 ص164)

إِنَّ أَهْلَ الْجَنَّةِ جُرْدٌ مُرْدٌ مُكَحَّلِينَ مُكَلَّلِينَ مُطَوَّقِينَ مُسَوَّرِينَ مُخَتَّمِينَ نَاعِمِينَ مَحْبُورِينَ مُكَرَّمِينَيُعْطَى أَحَدُهُمْ قُوَّةَ مِائَةِ رَجُلٍ فِي الطَّعَامِ وَ الشَّرَابِ وَ الشَّهْوَةِ وَ الْجِمَاعِ قُوَّةُ غِذَائِهِ قُوَّةُ مِائَةِ رَجُلٍ فِي الطَّعَامِ وَ الشَّرَابِ وَ يَجِدُ لَذَّةَ غَدَائِهِ مِقْدَارَ أَرْبَعِينَ سَنَةً وَ لَذَّةَ عَشَائِهِ مِقْدَارَ أَرْبَعِينَ سَنَةً قَدْ أَلْبَسَ اللَّهُ وُجُوهَهُمُ النُّورَ وَ أَجْسَادَهُمُ الْحَرِيرَ بِيضُ الْأَلْوَانِ صُفْرُ الْحُلِيِّ خُضْرُ الثِّيَابِ.(الاختصاص ص358)

I was asked about what about women who had no husbands, there is a hadith in Qummi which states obedient women shall be married to obedient men. That should answer that.

And Sayyed Tabataba'i said hoor is plural for hawra. And every hadith I have read describes them in a feminine manner, and there are tens if hadiths. Add to that, why do you think the Qur'an describes them in a feminine way if there are "male houris"? I ask of any of you to bring forth a hadith saying there are male houris and to refute Tabataba'i's statement.

Edited by E.L King

21 hours ago, E.L King said:

One thing I am making clear is all I am saying is there is no polygamy for women in Jannah, only for men.

I'm curious to know how you came to this conclusion, did you get this from ahadith which explicitly state this? Or did you infer this based on the lack of ayaat/ahadith on the issue of women's partners in the akhira relative to men? One could argue that the conclusion does not follow the premise.

16 hours ago, E.L King said:

Let me rephrase that, women will not have more than one companion other than their husband in Jannah. It is an abonination for women to have multiple companions, whether there is intercourse or not.

In this world, it is haraam/an abomination for women to have multiple partners at once, why do you believe this carries on to the akhira? What if she is widowed and then marries another man, which one gets her in Jannah? What if she is widowed multiple times in her lifetime?

One question I have for anybody who can answer: are all/any desires of the mu'mineen fulfilled in Jannah? If the answer can be proven to be yes based on the qur'an and the teachings of the a'immah, then why would a believing woman in paradise be barred from multiple partners?

6 hours ago, E.L King said:

I was asked about what about women who had no husbands, there is a hadith in Qummi which states obedient women shall be married to obedient men. That should answer that.

And Sayyed Tabataba'i said hoor is plural for hawra. And every hadith I have read describes them in a feminine manner, and there are tens if hadiths. Add to that, why do you think the Qur'an describes them in a feminine way if there are "male houris"? I ask of any of you to bring forth a hadith saying there are male houris and to refute Tabataba'i's statement.

Thank you brother for sharing all these informations you have about the subject matter.

As I already pointed out that my goal is to understand this matter & not to complicate this issue.

I have studied this subject & found the following article at al-islam.org:

"Houries and Women of Paradise

For deriving physical pleasures in paradise, Allah has created the ‘Hourul Een’ for the believers. They have been given this name because ‘Hoor’ means ‘bright color and ‘Een’ means ‘expanse and dark-eyed, for their eyes will be quite dark, and their skin pure white.

“And pure, beautiful ones, the like of hidden pearls.” (Surah al-Waqe’ah, 56:22-23)

“In them shall be those who restrained their eyes, neither man nor jinn shall have touched them before.” (Surah ar-Rahman, 55:56)

“As though they were rubies and corals.” (Surah ar Rahman, 55:58)

“And with them shall be those who restrain their eyes, having beautiful eyes. As if they were eggs carefully protected.” (Surah as-Saffat, 37:48-49)

It is related that a Hourie will be wearing seventy dresses, even then the whiteness of their calves will be visible. Their bodies will be glowing with the gentle brightness of rubies. Abdullah ibne Mas’ood says, that he heard the Holy Prophet (s) as having said, that a light will shine forth in paradise and people will wonder as to what it is. It would be said to them that the light was being emitted from the teeth of a hourie laughing seated in front of her husband.

“Surely we have made them to grow into a (new) growth, then We have made them virgins, loving, equals in age.” (Surah al-Waqe’ah, 56:35-37)

All of these houries will be aged sixteen years, while the age of the believers (in Paradise) will be thirty-three years. The hair of the houries’ will be curled, their bodies bright and clean of unwanted hair.

“And they shall have Pure mates in them, and in them they shall abide (forever)” (Surah -al-Baqarah, 2:25)

These houries will be free from pride and arrogance and will not envy each other.

It is related that on the right side of the hourie it will be written: “Praise be to Allah who has fulfilled what He promised,” and on the left side: “Praise be to Allah who has relieved us of grief.”

In a lengthy tradition the Holy Prophet (s) says, that when Allah created the hourie’, on her right hand was written “Muhammadun Rasoolullah,” and on her left hand “Aliyyun Waliyullah.” On her forehead was written “Al-Hasan” and on her chin “Al Husain,” and on both of her lips “In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, Merciful.” Ibne Mas’ood asked, “O’ Prophet! who will have this blessing?” The Holy Prophet (s) replied, “The one who recites “In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, Merciful” with due respect.”

Those Women who die in faith, their beauty in paradise will be more than that of the houries.

“In them are goodly things, beautiful ones.” (Surah ar- Rahman, 55:70)

The women referred to here are the faithful ones who will enter paradise. In reference to the above verse, Allama Majlisi quotes Imam Ja’far as-sadiq (a.s.) as saying, that the “goodly things” referred to in the verse are those women who are believers, the Shi’ahs, and the Wise ones. They will enter paradise and will be given in wedlock to the believing men.

It is related that those women who did not marry in this world, or those women whose husbands had not entered paradise, will be given the freedom to choose the believer whom she desires, and they shall be married to them. But if a women’s husband is present in paradise, she will be permitted to marry him with her consent. If in the world she married more than once, the man who has the greatest status (in paradise) and has committed more good deeds will be chosen for her."

So as per the available information, this matter is clear to me & I do extend thanks to you for all the valueable information provided by you to understand this matter.

Jazak Allah

https://www.al-islam.org/last-journey-translation-manazil-al-akhirah-shaykh-abbas-qummi/paradise-jannat#houries-and-women-paradise

Edited by Hameedeh
To add the link.

6 hours ago, E.L King said:

Okay, here we go:

إِنَّ أَهْلَ الْجَنَّةِ مَا يَتَلَذَّذُونَ بِشَيْ‏ءٍ فِي الْجَنَّةِ أَشْهَى عِنْدَهُمْ مِنَ النِّكَاحِ لَا طَعَامٍ وَ لَا شَرَابٍ (تفسير العياشي ج1 ص164)

إِنَّ أَهْلَ الْجَنَّةِ جُرْدٌ مُرْدٌ مُكَحَّلِينَ مُكَلَّلِينَ مُطَوَّقِينَ مُسَوَّرِينَ مُخَتَّمِينَ نَاعِمِينَ مَحْبُورِينَ مُكَرَّمِينَيُعْطَى أَحَدُهُمْ قُوَّةَ مِائَةِ رَجُلٍ فِي الطَّعَامِ وَ الشَّرَابِ وَ الشَّهْوَةِ وَ الْجِمَاعِ قُوَّةُ غِذَائِهِ قُوَّةُ مِائَةِ رَجُلٍ فِي الطَّعَامِ وَ الشَّرَابِ وَ يَجِدُ لَذَّةَ غَدَائِهِ مِقْدَارَ أَرْبَعِينَ سَنَةً وَ لَذَّةَ عَشَائِهِ مِقْدَارَ أَرْبَعِينَ سَنَةً قَدْ أَلْبَسَ اللَّهُ وُجُوهَهُمُ النُّورَ وَ أَجْسَادَهُمُ الْحَرِيرَ بِيضُ الْأَلْوَانِ صُفْرُ الْحُلِيِّ خُضْرُ الثِّيَابِ.(الاختصاص ص358)

These are the thinking of scholars? Or are these the ahadith? if ahadith, where are their asnaad?

The second one is almost similar to what was quoted by the nasibi mullah, just a change in the number of years.

3 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

These are the thinking of scholars? Or are these the ahadith? if ahadith, where are their asnaad?

The second one is almost similar to what was quoted by the nasibi mullah, just a change in the number of years.

These are ahadith. I am not sure about their chains, but these aren't the only ones. I have seen a few like them.

9 hours ago, IbnMariam said:

I'm curious to know how you came to this conclusion, did you get this from ahadith which explicitly state this? Or did you infer this based on the lack of ayaat/ahadith on the issue of women's partners in the akhira relative to men? One could argue that the conclusion does not follow the premise.

In this world, it is haraam/an abomination for women to have multiple partners at once, why do you believe this carries on to the akhira? What if she is widowed and then marries another man, which one gets her in Jannah? What if she is widowed multiple times in her lifetime?

One question I have for anybody who can answer: are all/any desires of the mu'mineen fulfilled in Jannah? If the answer can be proven to be yes based on the qur'an and the teachings of the a'immah, then why would a believing woman in paradise be barred from multiple partners?

1) lack of hadiths

2) scholarly statements

3) it is an abomination and a qabeeha.

There are no ugly actions in Jannah, this includes zina and homosexuality, for example.

As for your question on widows, I believe a hadith answers that, I will try to find it.

In Jannah no one will desire a qabeeha.

There are no ugly actions in Jannah, this includes zina and homosexuality, for example.

In Jannah no one will desire a qabeeha.

You need to give proof that ugly actions remain ugly in the next life.

One could counter this idea by saying that the consumption of wine is a reward in jannah ( وَأَنۡہَـٰرٌ۬ مِّنۡ خَمۡرٍ۬ لَّذَّةٍ۬ لِّلشَّـٰرِبِينَ ) (47:15), yet it's an ugly action in this world, unless you're arguing that قبيح specifically refers to the sin which is sexual in nature, I've looked at http://www.almaany.com/ar/dict/ar-ar/قبيح/ and from a quick look I don't see that is what it's primarily understood to refer to. I'm still a beginner in arabic so I'm all ears.

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, IbnMariam said:

You need to give proof that ugly actions remain ugly in the next life.

One could counter this idea by saying that the consumption of wine is a reward in jannah ( وَأَنۡہَـٰرٌ۬ مِّنۡ خَمۡرٍ۬ لَّذَّةٍ۬ لِّلشَّـٰرِبِينَ ) (47:15), yet it's an ugly action in this world, unless you're arguing that قبيح specifically refers to the sin which is sexual in nature, I've looked at http://www.almaany.com/ar/dict/ar-ar/قبيح/ and from a quick look I don't see that is what it's primarily understood to refer to. I'm still a beginner in arabic so I'm all ears.

As far as I know it is not wine in of itself that is haram but the alcoholic properties of wine.

I have not studied this, but maybe you are allowed to drink non alcoholic wine and if you are, then your argument is void.

Even in the holy Quran it states that the wine given does not make you drunk.

All in all, i just dont see a reason to why something that is haram in this world would be halal in the next.

I sincerely hope that we can get some clarity with regards to this subject or ells something which might be a perversion planted by ibliss(la) in our minds could be justified by some people as something good to look forward to.

• Advanced Member

Salam

On 7/7/2017 at 4:16 AM, E.L King said:

First of all sir, you are putting words in my mouth. Completely the opposite of what I said. I said there will be no zina in the Afterlife, please keep up.

Am not putting words in your mouth. While we are talking about Hour al Ayn that has to do with hereafter you have mentioned the below. In this world what you are saying is true but we are speaking about hereafter. Here all these quote you are saying if, again if a woman have two Hour al Ayn [male] she has done zina. What we call zina in this world you are saying it does not exist there because it is considered zina in this world. Look there is whine but it does not make drunk in hereafter, if whine in this world did not make us drunk we would be allowed to use it in this world. It is not zina if a female have ONE houry male FOR INTERCOURSE even many, because the issue there is your acts, and being mutaqi not that you are male and you are female bla bla, a female believer has higher rank than all houris; male or of female. By the way all the believing woman from this world does not need to marry believing men from this world in hereafter.

By the way there is no statement, burhan, hojjat, that the issue of Hour al Ayn has to do ONLY with men and intercourse with them. 

Plus: Here the issue of Ghilman for women is brought: http://portal.anhar.ir/node/15562/?ref=sbttl#gsc.tab=0

On 7/6/2017 at 3:10 PM, Ali.Isa said:

Males having more than one partner is not an abomination, females having more than one partner is an abomination and zina.

On 7/6/2017 at 3:10 PM, Ali.Isa said:

But the Holy Qur'an never spoke about "male companions", that is a lie and attributing a lie to Allah is a major sin. It is speaking about servants, servants who will serve men and women with food etc... Not male sexual prostitutes, that is disgusting and zina.

On 7/7/2017 at 5:00 AM, IbnMariam said:

Let me rephrase that, women will not have more than one companion other than their husband in Jannah. It is an abonination for women to have multiple companions, whether there is intercourse or not.

Yes, I have done extensive research and have asked actual Shaykhs about this, can you read Arabic? There is no male "houri" at all. The issue of houris is related to intercourse, so if you say there is male houris then you say there are male who are ready to have intercourse with females in the Afterlife, while they are married to their husbands.

Again you are using the word married, why, you marry through recitation, what kind of marriage! In hereafter or what!!! Husband, what kind of husbands!

Second point you are mentioning that 'the houris is related to intercourse', i understand it as it is there job only hmm.

عنه صلى الله عليه و آله ـ في حَديثِ الحَولاءِ ـ: يا حَولاءُ. . . ما مِنِ امرَأَةٍ تَكسو زَوجَها إلّا كَساهَا اللّهُ يَومَ القِيامَةِ سَبعينَ خِلعَةً مِنَ الجَنَّةِ، كُلُّ خِلعَةٍ مِنها مِثلُ شَقائِقِ النُّعمانِ وَالرَّيحانِ، وتُعطى يَومَ القِيامَةِ أربَعينَ جارِيَةً تَخدِمُها مِنَ الحورِ العينِ
پيامبر خدا صلى الله عليه و آله ـ در حديث حولاء ـ: اى حولاء!... هيچ زنى نيست كه بر شوهر خويش جامه بپوشاند، مگر آن كه خداوند در روز رستاخيز، هفتاد خلعت بهشتى بر او بپوشاند، كه هر يك از آن خلعت ها، همانند شقايق نُعمان و رَيحان است، و نيز در روز رستاخيز، چهل كنيز از حوريان بهشتى، به او داده مى شود كه خدمتش مى كنند

مستدرك الوسائل: ج 14 ص 245 ح 16604 نقلاً عن مجموعة عتيقة بخط بعض العلماء و ج 15 ص 156 ح 17842

The houris have not only to do with intercourse, what will happen with these houris, are they male or female, if female poor houris never going to have a man. Who are they going to get as a man, if they are female!? In this hadith for those who do not know arabic or farsi is said in short: Allah gives for female believers from this world houris as servant. 

And Sayyed Tabataba'i states: 

والحور العين نساء الجنة

And the hour al-ayn are the women of Jannah.

That should be clear enough, along with the fact that they have been described in a feminine manner in the Qur'an.

The word hour al ayn is general, and salsabeel mentioned it, if i say hour al ayn this and that, through the feminine description you know if the aya refers to female otherwise if the word is mentioned in general as usual and no such description you can not distinguish and it is mentioned in Holy Quran by this standard and it applies for all men as well as female. The direct word for female houri, if it is mentioned please bring it forward on the table?

وَ زَوَّجْناهُمْ بِحُورٍ عين

در این آیه هم ضمیر به همه بهشتیان برمی‌گردد
 حورعین وصف زیبایی همسران بهشتی اعم از زن و مرد است، زیرا واژه «حور » هم جمع احور (مرد سیاه چشم) و هم جمع حوراء (زن سیاه چشم) است. واژه «عین» جمع اعین (مرد درشت چشم) و جمع عیناء (زن درشت چشم) است

ناصر مکارم شیرازى، پیام قرآن ،نشر دار الکتب الاسلامیه، تهران، بی تا ، ج6، ص26

In this verse the zamir [هُمْ] goes back to all those in paradise and not only men. Hour al Ayn is a description of the beauty of paradise spouses that is both female and male. As such the term 'Hour' is both the plural of Ahwar [man with black eyes]' and 'Hawra [woman with black eyes]'. The term 'Ayn' is the plural of 'Aayan for man' and 'Aayna for woman'. This is from Ayatollah Makarem Shirazi.

On 7/5/2017 at 4:18 PM, E.L King said:

عرب اترابا

كانهن الياقوت و المرجان

حور مقصورات في الخيام

قاصرات الطرف اكعابا

لم يطمثهن انس قبلهم و لا جان

كانهن اللؤلؤ المكنون

All feminine expressions.

I didn't say there is marriage recitation in jannah, again words in my mouth brother. I said there is no zina, because there is intercourse in Jannah. The hour al-ayn are women which whom have been given to the male believers.

Again if there is no marriage recitation, than what is the point of bringing the issue of zina into the discussion for hereafter issues?!

Also I don't understand your whole "afterlife body" thing. We're going to have the same body in thr afterlife, I already showed you what Shaykh Al-Mufid said. The only ones who deny this are the Christians and some deviant sects.

I don't know why you are denying eating in Jannah, when it is clear we eat in Jannah based on the Qur'an

Am not saying we do not have the same body, but do we have the same time scale the same solar system, it is good to reflect and ponder over this issue. Yes the same body, but definitely some differences it makes. In the Holy Quran it is written Allah created everything in pair, here you are saying houris indicate female for male intercourse. This is an issue to ask are we the pair of houris, who are not created from soil or God created them [houris] in pair to dwell in paradise from the beginning and not come to earth. We with this body created from soil and houris with different creation, how do we match, how can they be our pair while our creation is different!? So definitely some changes will happen with this body to be able to live in Paradise. We will be resurrected in hereafter with this body, can you bring ahadith explicitly says we will enter paradise with body. Am not saying we are entering with spirit and body absent.

Where did i deny eating in jannah, are you referring to me dear sibling!

The discussion now has now started to get intermediate if we continue and reach advance the issue will be solved, Allah will.

Edited by Ali.Isa

42 minutes ago, Ali.Isa said:

The discussion now has now started to get intermediate if we continue and reach advance the issue will be solved, Allah will.

Good to see you are presenting ahadith & quotes of renowned scholar in the subject matter.

I am now following this thread to go with you & @E.L King to the intermediate & advance level. :)

On 09/07/2017 at 1:16 AM, Ali.Isa said:

Salam

Am not putting words in your mouth. While we are talking about Hour al Ayn that has to do with hereafter you have mentioned the below. In this world what you are saying is true but we are speaking about hereafter. Here all these quote you are saying if, again if a woman have two Hour al Ayn [male] she has done zina. What we call zina in this world you are saying it does not exist there because it is considered zina in this world. Look there is whine but it does not make drunk in hereafter, if whine in this world did not make us drunk we would be allowed to use it in this world. It is not zina if a female have ONE houry male FOR INTERCOURSE even many, because the issue there is your acts, and being mutaqi not that you are male and you are female bla bla, a female believer has higher rank than all houris; male or of female. By the way all the believing woman from this world does not need to marry believing men from this world in hereafter.

By the way there is no statement, burhan, hojjat, that the issue of Hour al Ayn has to do ONLY with men and intercourse with them. 

Plus: Here the issue of Ghilman for women is brought: http://portal.anhar.ir/node/15562/?ref=sbttl#gsc.tab=0

Again you are using the word married, why, you marry through recitation, what kind of marriage! In hereafter or what!!! Husband, what kind of husbands!

Second point you are mentioning that 'the houris is related to intercourse', i understand it as it is there job only hmm.

عنه صلى الله عليه و آله ـ في حَديثِ الحَولاءِ ـ: يا حَولاءُ. . . ما مِنِ امرَأَةٍ تَكسو زَوجَها إلّا كَساهَا اللّهُ يَومَ القِيامَةِ سَبعينَ خِلعَةً مِنَ الجَنَّةِ، كُلُّ خِلعَةٍ مِنها مِثلُ شَقائِقِ النُّعمانِ وَالرَّيحانِ، وتُعطى يَومَ القِيامَةِ أربَعينَ جارِيَةً تَخدِمُها مِنَ الحورِ العينِ
پيامبر خدا صلى الله عليه و آله ـ در حديث حولاء ـ: اى حولاء!... هيچ زنى نيست كه بر شوهر خويش جامه بپوشاند، مگر آن كه خداوند در روز رستاخيز، هفتاد خلعت بهشتى بر او بپوشاند، كه هر يك از آن خلعت ها، همانند شقايق نُعمان و رَيحان است، و نيز در روز رستاخيز، چهل كنيز از حوريان بهشتى، به او داده مى شود كه خدمتش مى كنند

مستدرك الوسائل: ج 14 ص 245 ح 16604 نقلاً عن مجموعة عتيقة بخط بعض العلماء و ج 15 ص 156 ح 17842

The houris have not only to do with intercourse, what will happen with these houris, are they male or female, if female poor houris never going to have a man. Who are they going to get as a man, if they are female!? In this hadith for those who do not know arabic or farsi is said in short: Allah gives for female believers from this world houris as servant. 

The word hour al ayn is general, and salsabeel mentioned it, if i say hour al ayn this and that, through the feminine description you know if the aya refers to female otherwise if the word is mentioned in general as usual and no such description you can not distinguish and it is mentioned in Holy Quran by this standard and it applies for all men as well as female. The direct word for female houri, if it is mentioned please bring it forward on the table?

وَ زَوَّجْناهُمْ بِحُورٍ عين

در این آیه هم ضمیر به همه بهشتیان برمی‌گردد
 حورعین وصف زیبایی همسران بهشتی اعم از زن و مرد است، زیرا واژه «حور » هم جمع احور (مرد سیاه چشم) و هم جمع حوراء (زن سیاه چشم) است. واژه «عین» جمع اعین (مرد درشت چشم) و جمع عیناء (زن درشت چشم) است

ناصر مکارم شیرازى، پیام قرآن ،نشر دار الکتب الاسلامیه، تهران، بی تا ، ج6، ص26

In this verse the zamir [هُمْ] goes back to all those in paradise and not only men. Hour al Ayn is a description of the beauty of paradise spouses that is both female and male. As such the term 'Hour' is both the plural of Ahwar [man with black eyes]' and 'Hawra [woman with black eyes]'. The term 'Ayn' is the plural of 'Aayan for man' and 'Aayna for woman'. This is from Ayatollah Makarem Shirazi.

Again if there is no marriage recitation, than what is the point of bringing the issue of zina into the discussion for hereafter issues?!

Am not saying we do not have the same body, but do we have the same time scale the same solar system, it is good to reflect and ponder over this issue. Yes the same body, but definitely some differences it makes. In the Holy Quran it is written Allah created everything in pair, here you are saying houris indicate female for male intercourse. This is an issue to ask are we the pair of houris, who are not created from soil or God created them [houris] in pair to dwell in paradise from the beginning and not come to earth. We with this body created from soil and houris with different creation, how do we match, how can they be our pair while our creation is different!? So definitely some changes will happen with this body to be able to live in Paradise. We will be resurrected in hereafter with this body, can you bring ahadith explicitly says we will enter paradise with body. Am not saying we are entering with spirit and body absent.

Where did i deny eating in jannah, are you referring to me dear sibling!

I have a question:

Do you think that fawahish will exist in Jannah? Do you believe things like zina and homosexuality will exist in Jannah?

As for your link, I don't know farsi.

You are correct in pointing out the linguitic term, but what has been mentioned is that just because the word can be attatched to males, that doesn't mean the Holy Qur'an is also implying there are male houris. How would you explain the Verses and Hadiths which describe them, which all use feminine descriptions?

And I already explained how Sayyed Tabataba'i tells us that they are the women of Jannah.

In fact, even after Shaykh Naser Makarem explains the word linguistically, he mentions them in a feminine manner:

الحور" جمع حوراء وأحور، وتقال لمن اشتد سواد عينه، واشتد بياض بياضها.

و"العين" جمع أعين وعيناء، أي أوسع العين، ولما كان أكثر جمال الإنسان في عينيه، فإنّ الآية تصف عيون الحور العِين الجميلة الساحرة.

وقد ذكرت محاسنهن الأُخرى بأسلوب رائع في آيات أُخرى

I would also like to refer you to this link, dear brother 

https://www.yahosein.com/vb/showthread.php?t=171186

Edited by E.L King

• Advanced Member

Salam

On 7/17/2017 at 9:43 AM, E.L King said:

الحور" جمع حوراء وأحور، وتقال لمن اشتد سواد عينه، واشتد بياض بياضها.

و"العين" جمع أعين وعيناء، أي أوسع العين، ولما كان أكثر جمال الإنسان في عينيه، فإنّ الآية تصف عيون الحور العِين الجميلة الساحرة.

وقد ذكرت محاسنهن الأُخرى بأسلوب رائع في آيات أُخرى

I would also like to refer you to this link, dear brother 

https://www.yahosein.com/vb/showthread.php?t=171186

Edited Monday at 09:49 AM by E.L King

Reference please, your telling me a marja that is alive, may Allah prolong his life said something without reference. The link is a forum discussion dear brother, i have seen such links in farsi also. Is there something unique and important translate that bit of info, i personally did not see anything.

You are correct in pointing out the linguitic term, but what has been mentioned is that just because the word can be attatched to males, that doesn't mean the Holy Qur'an is also implying there are male houris. How would you explain the Verses and Hadiths which describe them, which all use feminine descriptions?

And I already explained how Sayyed Tabataba'i tells us that they are the women of Jannah.

I do not disagree the feminine description and Allamah Tabatabai views does not mean all our scholars have that view. Why you disagree for male houris being available in paradise, and i have got so much from you that it is for males only because the males get many houris [not one] and only for pleasure of course and that is the case only. Whilst i presented a hadith that female believers will get houris also. Why you do not disprove and properly comment on each inch of what i wrote.

يا رَسُولَ اللّهِ، أَنِساءُ الدُّنيا أَفضَلُ أَمِ الحُورُ العِينُ؟ قالَ: بَل نِساءُ الدُّنيا أَفضَلُ مِنَ الحُورِ العِينِ كَفَضلِ الظِهارَةِ عَلَى البِطانَةِ

بهشت و دوزخ از نگاه قرآن و حديث: محمّد محمّدی ری شهری1 - صفحه 201 

If a believing women and a houris difference is as such described in the hadith if a man had to choose 1000 times, even one time he would not chose a houri over a believing women to 'physically interact'. I put this because of an hadith to say, you mentioned that it is physical, like we eat there, same way we consume houris, great, but you did not made any clear prove and showed it that houris are physical like believing women. A believing woman and man get each other because of their deeds that are positive. But each have their deeds and the houris is the result of those deeds and depended on those deeds.

I have a question:

Do you think that fawahish will exist in Jannah? Do you believe things like zina and homosexuality will exist in Jannah?

Why do we call it zina in this world, does the cause of zina would be available in Paradise or not, what makes zina a zina in this world!? Why do you ask me the question when i have put a hadith that believing women will get houris for being kind to their husbands.

We are not speaking about homo issues, very weird way and unnecessary, i have already said something about it in my previous posts in this topic. Why bring the issue of zina, because we get houris, and that many, if male houris exist, it becomes zina, because females will get many, they can not get one and so on hmm. IT IS BECAUSE OF THIS YOUR ASKING ME. Look i have not said anything in support of a female getting many males, it is you thinking just because if male houris exist, females will get many and that is zina [i do not know based on what negativity it is zina].

In this world all material we see is a ayat from Allah, is this so in Paradise also, whilst there is no test, and all are believing!

Let me ask a question [this question is for you brother]: If zina does not exist in Paradise, does it mean it exists in hell, i mean hell and Paradise both exists in hereafter. So all good in Paradise and in hell all sins available to do, everyone says bad things to each other, acts bad, no peace!? 

• Veteran Member
On 7/1/2017 at 1:57 AM, Three-One-Three said:

How come the hoor al ayn, or houris, get to be born and live in eternal pleasure in Paradise?

How come we have to go through life and all, and then we finally get Paradise as a reward for our actions, but the houris are all just sitting there from the beginning, waiting to have infinite sexual pleasure with their upcoming husbands? They literally feel no pain at all, ever, and if anything they only feel pleasure.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Similarly, our heaven might be houris - but it could be hell for them. After all, if we cant treat women right on earth, what makes you think we will treat houris any better?