Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Learnmore

Why do shia hit themselves on Ashura

Rate this topic

Guest Learnmore

Where does it say in the Quran that you can do it? Isnt mourning just allowed on the first three days of death? Why is it an annual thing for you and do all shias do it. I think it is self abuse

4 hours ago, Guest Learnmore said:

Where does it say in the Quran that you can do it? Isnt mourning just allowed on the first three days of death? Why is it an annual thing for you and do all shias do it. I think it is self abuse

We dont hit ourselves. Why not mourn for 10 days. Imam Husayn and his followers struggled and suffered for 10 days, starving, dehydrated and in the end they were murdered horribly with Muhammads grandchild beheaded by a ruthless man. I will be more than willing to mourn those 10 days. We mourn we simply mourn. Those who abuse themselves are being too extreme on themselves. Quran was revealed at the time of Muhammad, not after. Have some heart Brother/Sister. Have some heart. 

6 hours ago, Guest Learnmore said:

Did Jacob only mourn for 3 days or did he cry for years and lost his sight for Yosef? 

Why do shia hit themselves on Ashura  

Because those few shia are ignorant and don't know any better. Just like the group of sunnis who drink camel pee thinking it has cures because of a fabricated hadith.

Edited by First Responder

I find it so ridiculous how some people decide how long we mourn for. This 3 day thing is so absurd. 

If your loved one passes away (Allah forbid), then would you like some to butt in and say "sorry 3 days have passed and now you are committing a sin". 

Others should mind their own business and not decide what we do.