Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ya Allah Madad

Infallibility for Sahabah (companions)

Rate this topic

:bismillah:

If we compare 48:2 with 33:33 then do it not also prove infalliability for all those who are addressed there?

Both verses are similar where Allah swt is intending or desiring something with perfection.

[Malik 48:2]  So that Allah may forgive your past as well as your future sins, and may perfect His blessings upon you, and keep you on the Right Way.

لِيَغْفِرَ لَكَ اللَّهُ مَا تَقَدَّمَ مِنْ ذَنْبِكَ وَمَا تَأَخَّرَ وَيُتِمَّ نِعْمَتَهُ عَلَيْكَ وَيَهْدِيَكَ صِرَاطًا مُسْتَقِيمًا

[Malik 33:33] (part of verse)  O people of the household of Rasool, Allah only intends to remove uncleanliness from you and to purify you completely.

إِنَّمَا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيُذْهِبَ عَنْكُمُ الرِّجْسَ أَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ وَيُطَهِّرَكُمْ تَطْهِيرًا

3 hours ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

If we compare 48:2 with 33:33 then do it not also prove infalliability for all those who are addressed there?

Both verses are similar where Allah swt is intending or desiring something with perfection.

هُوَ الَّذِي أَنزَلَ عَلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ مِنْهُ آيَاتٌ مُّحْكَمَاتٌ هُنَّ أُمُّ الْكِتَابِ وَأُخَرُ مُتَشَابِهَاتٌ ۖ فَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ فِي قُلُوبِهِمْ زَيْغٌ فَيَتَّبِعُونَ مَا تَشَابَهَ مِنْهُ ابْتِغَاءَ الْفِتْنَةِ وَابْتِغَاءَ تَأْوِيلِهِ ۗ وَمَا يَعْلَمُ تَأْوِيلَهُ إِلَّا اللَّـهُ ۗ وَالرَّاسِخُونَ فِي الْعِلْمِ يَقُولُونَ آمَنَّا بِهِ كُلٌّ مِّنْ عِندِ رَبِّنَا ۗ وَمَا يَذَّكَّرُ إِلَّا أُولُو الْأَلْبَابِ ﴿٧ 

It is He who has sent down to you, [O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah. But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding. (3:7)

Edited by skyweb1987

48 minutes ago, skyweb1987 said:

It is He who has sent down to you, [O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah. But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding. (3:7)

Excellent.... 

Edited by Ya_isa (as)

On 6/25/2017 at 2:20 AM, Ya Allah Madad said:

Allah only intends

Can anyone clarify, what it means. As I think, in first previous verse mentioned advice to the wives of the prophet(ﷺ) from Allah. verse 33 is a continuation of verse 32 and thus mentioned only intends means if they follow what is advised then they become purified(free from sin).

"33:32. O wives of the Prophet! You are not like any other women. If you keep you have Taqwa, then be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease should be moved with desire, but speak in an honorable manner."

"33:34And remember, that which is recited in your houses of the Ayat of Allah and Al-Hikmah. Verily, Allah is Ever Most Courteous, Well-Acquainted with all things."

one could in theory say that the entire Ummah makes no mistakes, if one takes interpretations to an absolute extent, which is a trait for the One.

الذين يوفون بعهد الله و لا ينقضون الميثاق

Those who fulfill the covenant of Allah and do not break the contract 13:20

كنتم خير أمة أخرجت للناس تأمرون بالمعروف و تنهون عن المنكر

You are the best nation produced for mankind. You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong 3:110

إن الله مع الذين اتقوا والذين هم محسنون

For Allah is with those who restrain themselves, and those who do good. 16:128

- so does the entire ummah never break the contract with Allah in any way?

- every member of the ummah enjoins what is right and always forbids what is right without exception?

- always restraining themselves and never do bad .. always good?

i don't understand one thing:

why do people assume that 33:33 is meant in an absolute way ( only Allah is absolute in my opinion ) if imams excrete. Do they think that excretion of imams is pure unlike other creatures? Or do they think that 33:33 is meant for only spiritual purity, but not physical?

44 minutes ago, 313 Seeker said:

why do people assume that 33:33 is meant in an absolute way ( only Allah is absolute in my opinion ) if imams excrete. Do they think that excretion of imams is pure unlike other creatures? Or do they think that 33:33 is meant for only spiritual purity, but not physical?

Thats why brother I asked this question. But it seems they are not getting.

If 33:33 proves infallibility then 48:2 as well. If no then neither 33:33.

3 hours ago, skyweb1987 said:

هُوَ الَّذِي أَنزَلَ عَلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ مِنْهُ آيَاتٌ مُّحْكَمَاتٌ هُنَّ أُمُّ الْكِتَابِ وَأُخَرُ مُتَشَابِهَاتٌ ۖ فَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ فِي قُلُوبِهِمْ زَيْغٌ فَيَتَّبِعُونَ مَا تَشَابَهَ مِنْهُ ابْتِغَاءَ الْفِتْنَةِ وَابْتِغَاءَ تَأْوِيلِهِ ۗ وَمَا يَعْلَمُ تَأْوِيلَهُ إِلَّا اللَّـهُ ۗ وَالرَّاسِخُونَ فِي الْعِلْمِ يَقُولُونَ آمَنَّا بِهِ كُلٌّ مِّنْ عِندِ رَبِّنَا ۗ وَمَا يَذَّكَّرُ إِلَّا أُولُو الْأَلْبَابِ ﴿٧ 

33:33 is unspecific verse? Are you sure.

how can we read into this hadith?

H 1440, CH 1a, h 3

Ali ibn Ibrahim has narrated from his father from ibn Mahbub from Salih ibn Sahl who has said that I asked abu abu ‘Abd Allah, recipient of divine supreme covenant, the following: 

“May Allah keep my soul of service to you, from what kind of material has Allah, the Majestic, the Glorious, created the clay of the believers? He then replied, ‘He has created them with the clay from which the prophets were made. Thus, they never become unclean.’” 

for some reason the Arabic text looks like gibberish, so if someone can bring the Arabic that would be great.

then there are other hadiths like -

H 1438, CH 1a, h 1

Ali ibn Ibrahim has narrated from his father from Hammad ibn ‘Isa from Rib’i ibn ‘Abd Allah from a m
an from Ali ibn al-Husayn, recipient of divine supreme covenant, who has said the following:

“Allah, the Majestic, the Glorious, created the prophets from the clay of ‘Illiyiyyn (paradise), both their bodies and souls. He made the hearts of the believers from such clay and He made their bodies from a world lower than that world. He created the unbelievers, both their bodies and souls from the clay of Sijjin (fire). He thus mixed the two clays. For this reason children of unbelievers become believers and vice versa. For this reason the believers get afflicted with evil and unbelievers receive good things. Thus, the hearts of the believers incline to that from which they are created and the hearts of the unbelievers incline to that from which they are created.” 

So that explains why Sayidna Nuh had a bad son? ( and why prophets are recorded as being effected by iblis and evil so many times .. in the quran )

Al-Kafi Vol 2

2 hours ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

33:33 is unspecific verse? Are you sure.

You always read the part of post i have addressed the verse 48:2 earlier , but you could not notice it its not my mistake

Edited by skyweb1987

On 6/25/2017 at 8:38 PM, skyweb1987 said:

You always read the part of post i have addressed the verse 48:2 earlier , but you could not notice it its not my mistake

How?

[Malik 48:2]  So that Allah may forgive your past as well as your future sins, and may perfect His blessings upon you, and keep you on the Right Way.

لِيَغْفِرَ لَكَ اللَّهُ مَا تَقَدَّمَ مِنْ ذَنْبِكَ وَمَا تَأَخَّرَ وَيُتِمَّ نِعْمَتَهُ عَلَيْكَ وَيَهْدِيَكَ صِرَاطًا مُسْتَقِيمًا

[Malik 33:33] (part of verse)  O people of the household of Rasool, Allah only intends to remove uncleanliness from you and to purify you completely.

إِنَّمَا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيُذْهِبَ عَنْكُمُ الرِّجْسَ أَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ وَيُطَهِّرَكُمْ تَطْهِيرًا

3 hours ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

How?

brother you seem to be moving in circles and repeating the posts like this same has been mentioned in OP replied in this thread and again repeated here

Edited by skyweb1987

On 6/25/2017 at 3:40 PM, Mohammed Umar Shaikh said:

Can anyone clarify, what it means. As I think, in first previous verse mentioned advice to the wives of the prophet(ﷺ) from Allah. verse 33 is a continuation of verse 32 and thus mentioned only intends means if they follow what is advised then they become purified(free from sin).

"33:32. O wives of the Prophet! You are not like any other women. If you keep you have Taqwa, then be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease should be moved with desire, but speak in an honorable manner."

"33:34And remember, that which is recited in your houses of the Ayat of Allah and Al-Hikmah. Verily, Allah is Ever Most Courteous, Well-Acquainted with all things."

Exactly brother this is what it means. Very clear and explicit. I dont understand why people pick a part of a verse and twist its meaning as per their wishful thinking.

33:33 mentioned in OP is just a part of connected verses from 29 to 34.

On 6/25/2017 at 11:20 AM, Ya Allah Madad said:

14 hours ago, skyweb1987 said:

brother you seem to be moving in circles and repeating the posts like this same has been mentioned in OP replied in this thread and again repeated here

Your reply is not satisfactory. Do not make sense thats I asked how? Its not repeatition but further clarification.

On 6/25/2017 at 11:50 AM, Ya Allah Madad said:

https://www.al-islam.org/enlightening-commentary-light-holy-quran-vol-17/surah-al-fath-chapter-48-verses-1-16

https://www.al-islam.org/enlightening-commentary-light-holy-quran-vol-14/section-4-ahlul-bayt-divinely-made-pure#surah-al-ahzab-verse-33

plz go through this to understand the subject in better way. 

3 hours ago, haidermpr said:

Assalam o Alaikum brother,

I saw your following post in another thread where you have emphasized on using our own mind.

To all the learned members who are discussing on this thread, few are accusing shia of worshiping Imam and while few others accused for ghlu. I am not here to either explain or prove anything to anyone. All of us are having brain and Allah has provided us this great gift so that we can reach our destination using this. 

So brother why not you are doing the same in this matter. Just look at the following verses (forget about what tafsir say) and use your brain. And tell em are'nt both are similar. Infact 48:2 is more clear in meaning than 33:33. Therefore if 33:33 proves infallibility then why not 48:2. Either both or none of them. Moreover 33:33 is just a part of verse unlike 48:2 and is continuation of verses from 29-34.

On 6/25/2017 at 11:20 AM, Ya Allah Madad said:

On 2017-06-27 at 2:00 PM, Ya Allah Madad said:

The tashri'i verses state that after performing certain conditions (such as ablution), a person is purified to an extent. But, such purification is only temporary and can be voided. On the other hand, the Verse of Purification makes the purification of the Ahl al-Bayt ABSOLUTE and PERMANENT! Therefore, it is takwini. No other verse talks about ABSOLUTE purification except the Verse of Purification.

Ibn 'Abbas reports the following important tradition from the Prophet: 

"God Almighty has divided all men into two groups, and placed me among the best of all men. For He said. 'The Companions of the Right Hand how pleasant will be their state!' (56:27), and 'The Companions of the Left Hand, how evil will be their state!' (56:41) 

"I am among the Companions of the Right Hand, and I am in fact the best of them. 

"Then God divided men into three groups, and again placed me in the purest of them, For He said, 'The Companions of the Right Hand how pleasant will be their state! The Companions of the Left Hand, the wretched, how miserable will be their state! The third group are those foremost in faith, those who are in truth nigh unto Me.' (56:8-11). And I am the best of the foremost. 

"Then He divided men into peoples and tribes, and placed me among the best of them. For He said, 'O mankind, We have created you from a single man and woman, and made of you different peoples and tribes in order that you might recognize one another, and the greatest of you in the sigh t of God is the most pious.' (49:13). And I am the most pious and the greatest of mankind, and yet I take no pride in this. 

"Then God divided people into families and households, and placed me in the most virtuous of all households. For He said, 'God wishes to remove all filth and impurity from you, O Ahl al-Bayt,, and to render you utterly free of pollution.' (33:33) I and my Ahl al-Bayt are, then, utterly free of all impurity and immune to sin."

Al-Suyuti, al-Durr al-Manthur, Vol. V, p. 199.

Also, Imam al-Baghwihas recorded in his Tafsir3/528:

وقال عبد الله بن عباس : ( عمل الشيطان وما ليس لله فيه رضا ) 

Abdullah ibn Abbas said: Rijs means acts of Shaytan and whatever displeases Allah.

"Umm Salamah narrated that she heard the Prophet (s) say 'It is never halaal for a person in a state of Janaba or menstruation to enter this Mosque, apart from the Prophet of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, 'Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Husayn. With the exception of them no one else is permitted to enter the Mosque of the Prophet (s). Go forth! I have told you the names to ensure that you are not led astray". 

1. Sunan Bayhaqi, Volume 7 page 65 Hadeeth number 13178-13179

2. Kanz al Ummal, Volume 14 page 101 Hadeeth number 34183

3. Tareekh Ibn Asakir, Volume 14 page 166

4. Fadail min al Seerah, Volume 1 page 283 [by Ibn Katheer]

5. Khasais al Kubra, Volume 2 page 424

Wsalam

https://web.archive.org/web/20160909101750/http://www.wilayat.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2006:verse-of-purification-a-refutation&catid=155:ahlulbait&lang=en&Itemid=121

2 hours ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

Moreover 33:33 is just a part of verse unlike 48:2 and is continuation of verses from 29-34.

Isn't verse 48:2 is also the continuation, isn't it regarding treaty of hadibiya..

1 hour ago, The Straight Path said:

Ibn 'Abbas reports the following important tradition from the Prophet: 

"God Almighty has divided all men into two groups, and placed me among the best of all men. For He said. 'The Companions of the Right Hand how pleasant will be their state!' (56:27), and 'The Companions of the Left Hand, how evil will be their state!' (56:41) 

"I am among the Companions of the Right Hand, and I am in fact the best of them. 

"Then God divided men into three groups, and again placed me in the purest of them, For He said, 'The Companions of the Right Hand how pleasant will be their state! The Companions of the Left Hand, the wretched, how miserable will be their state! The third group are those foremost in faith, those who are in truth nigh unto Me.' (56:8-11). And I am the best of the foremost. 

"Then He divided men into peoples and tribes, and placed me among the best of them. For He said, 'O mankind, We have created you from a single man and woman, and made of you different peoples and tribes in order that you might recognize one another, and the greatest of you in the sigh t of God is the most pious.' (49:13). And I am the most pious and the greatest of mankind, and yet I take no pride in this. 

"Then God divided people into families and households, and placed me in the most virtuous of all households. For He said, 'God wishes to remove all filth and impurity from you, O Ahl al-Bayt,, and to render you utterly free of pollution.' (33:33) I and my Ahl al-Bayt are, then, utterly free of all impurity and immune to sin."

Al-Suyuti, al-Durr al-Manthur, Vol. V, p. 199.

Is this hadith authentic?

9 minutes ago, Mohammed Umar Shaikh said:

I and my Ahl al-Bayt are, then, utterly free of all impurity and immune to sin."

salam

i always wondered:

so you guys don't consider excretion as impurity. Or is the excretion of Imams pure unlike all other creatures? 

13 hours ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

I saw your following post in another thread where you have emphasized on using our own mind.

So brother why not you are doing the same in this matter. Just look at the following verses (forget about what tafsir say) and use your brain. And tell em are'nt both are similar. Infact 48:2 is more clear in meaning than 33:33. Therefore if 33:33 proves infallibility then why not 48:2. Either both or none of them. Moreover 33:33 is just a part of verse unlike 48:2 and is continuation of verses from 29-34.

OK brother,

I had not posted links so that you have to depend on these links and follow them blindly. They were just to provide you information on the subject.

First of all 48-2 doesn't say anywhere that it is regarding Ashab then how you concluded that all Ashab were infallibles whereas there are thousands of instances where you will find erroneous nature of Ashab in history. 

I don't want to provide you detailed account of history here and you are learned one and can study the materials available with us. 

Surah Al Fath- commentators are not unanimous on which occasion it was revealed. few are of the opinion that it revealed after Hudbaiyah Treaty while others believe it was revealed after conquest of Mecca.

If you go through historical accounts of these two historical events , you will find that majority of Ashab were skeptical about Prophet saww verdicts. Even one of the most famous companion Umar rz raised questions on Prophethood. 

That verse is related to Prophet saww and I have no doubt about it. 

14 hours ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

Secondly, it is well known facts that Quran in current form is not compiled according to its revealed nature.

You may study on this subject from authentic Ahle Sunnat hadis books like Sahih Muslim, Masnad Amhad ibn Hanbal etc and commentaries of Quran rather start accusing Shia of having different Quran altogether. There are enough proofs in books of ahle sunnat regarding it.

18 hours ago, Mohammed Umar Shaikh said:

Salam brother

I am not sure so can't confirm, I got the information from this article:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160909101750/http://www.wilayat.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2006:verse-of-purification-a-refutation&catid=155:ahlulbait&lang=en&Itemid=121

18 hours ago, 313 Seeker said:

salam

i always wondered:

so you guys don't consider excretion as impurity. Or is the excretion of Imams pure unlike all other creatures? 

Wsalam alykom

Excretion in Shia Fiqh is obviously considered as impure. When it comes to the Prophets & Imams a.s, I do not know honestly. 

Wsalam

Salam brother

salam

i always wondered:

Wsalam alykom

Excretion in Shia Fiqh is obviously considered as impure. When it comes to the Prophets & Imams a.s, I do not know honestly. 

However according to Sheikh Suduq r.h, the Imams a.s do urinate and defecate:

SHEIKH SADOOQ R.A:
The Imam is born. He also has children. He gets ill and he gets cured. He eats and drinks. He urinates and defecates. He gets married. He sleeps. He forgets and he makes mistakes (1). He gets happy and sad. He laughs and cries. He lives and then dies. He is buried and the people go to visit his shrine. He is resurrected and questioned. He is rewarded and honored. He intercedes.

Wsalam

Salam brother

salam

i always wondered:

Wsalam alykom

However according to Sheikh Suduq r.h, the Imams a.s do urinate and defecate:

SHEIKH SADOOQ R.A:
The Imam is born. He also has children. He gets ill and he gets cured. He eats and drinks. He urinates and defecates. He gets married. He sleeps. He forgets and he makes mistakes (1). He gets happy and sad. He laughs and cries. He lives and then dies. He is buried and the people go to visit his shrine. He is resurrected and questioned. He is rewarded and honored. He intercedes.

Wsalam

On 25/06/2017 at 1:00 PM, 313 Seeker said:

The excretion of the Imams are also pure my friend. 

On 25/06/2017 at 1:00 PM, 313 Seeker said:

I love the way you are defining Allah again, please don't take this common Wahabi approach. Infallibility can be for man too. 

Edited by MohammadAli1993