Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Hassan-

North America: Eid discussion

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, SHIA NE ALI said:

What was the reasoning for Khamenei's decision for Sunday no moon was seen even with telescope in Canada? Does he believe in unity of horizons like Khoei?

Based on the visibility curves, it was possible to sight it with optical aid in Southern Canada. The sighting in Virginia was made by someone with experience in using binoculars for sighting, and maybe the Canadians looking for the new moon didn't have the same level of expertise. But scientifically, it was apparently possible to sight it.

15 minutes ago, SHIA NE ALI said:

What was the reasoning for Khamenei's decision for Sunday no moon was seen even with telescope in Canada? Does he believe in unity of horizons like Khoei?

Yes he believes in unity of horizon. Once the moon was seen in southern USA, his representative said Canada should go by that.

32 minutes ago, Hassan- said:

Shiekh Aseer doesn't announce for Sayed Sistani, only for Imam Khamenei.

Ya I know Shaykh Assad Qaseer the wakeel of Khamenei in QOm. He announced it is today. But is there a link or something you can put here for others to see? Thats what I have been asking.

5 hours ago, Hassan- said:

Lol... I just got a call, and Shiekh Aseer (the head office of Imam Khamenei) of North America just completely changed their decision, and declared today (sunday) to be Eid. It was declared to be Monday all this time until just right now. The scholars must have been debating all night about this and decided to change there minds. Sayed Sistani however is still Monday. Can a mod please close this topic.

It has been a long morning for all of the scholars. One thing I would like to note is that it is Eid for some areas in the United States (southern countries) today Sunday the 25th, for Syed Sistani.

1 minute ago, realizm said:

Lol you guys are still debating.

You are living in countries which have the sizes of continents. Add to this the multiplicity of maraji3, no doubt you are getting a headache.

?

The situation is crystal clear now. Sure, it might've taken longer for some brothers to become convinced on what Sayed Khamenei's viewpoint was, but every other marja's opinion was clear from the start.

Just now, Shaykh Patience101 said:

?

The situation is crystal clear now. Sure, it might've taken longer for some brothers to become convinced on what Sayed Khamenei's viewpoint was, but every other marja's opinion was clear from the start.

I woke up this morning and am now going to bed, and it has been questions about representative of X said so and so all day. 

1 minute ago, realizm said:

I woke up this morning and am now going to bed, and it has been questions about representative of X said so and so all day. 

Sayed Khamenei was the only marja' in doubt, and numerous announcements have been made on his behalf by now on when Eid is. The matter of finding a link to an announcement made by a specific representative has little to do with the ruling of Eid itself, which is completely unambiguous at this point.

1 minute ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

Sayed Khamenei was the only marja' in doubt, and numerous announcements have been made on his behalf by now on when Eid is. The matter of finding a link to an announcement made by a specific representative has little to do with the ruling of Eid itself, which is completely unambiguous at this point.

I never said rulings were ambiguous. 

What is ambiguous is where, when and who.

1 hour ago, Al Hadi said:

Ya I know Shaykh Assad Qaseer the wakeel of Khamenei in QOm. He announced it is today. But is there a link or something you can put here for others to see? Thats what I have been asking.

This is it brother. 

If you can't read arabic, it says "In relation to the two Americas [North and South], from Argentina to Southern Canada, Sunday is the day of 'Eid. For the followers of the Supreme Leader"

khamenei3.jpg

Edited by gotmuffins!

^more out of curiousity than anything else, can someone please clarify to me why Ayatullah Khamenei's decleration is limited to "southern Canada" only ? (as in, what are the reasons for not including the northen parts of Canada ?)

1 hour ago, vsg said:

^more out of curiousity than anything else, can someone please clarify to me why Ayatullah Khamenei's decleration is limited to "southern Canada" only ? (as in, what are the reasons for not including the northen parts of Canada ?)

I was wondering the same. 

2 hours ago, Hassan- said:

I was wondering the same. 

It was impossible to see the hilal above the southern reaches of Canada on Saturday Night, ie. outside of the horizon. It is outside of the red zone. I am not a scholar, this is just what I think is going on.

mooon.gif