Rate this topic

Prophet Muhammad (SAW) last words:

"For whoever I am his Leader (mawla), 'Ali is his Leader (mawla).", and after that, Muhammad (SAW) said,

"O’ people! Behold! It seems the time approached when I shall be called away (by Allah) and I shall answer that call. Behold! I am leaving for you two precious things. First of them is the book of Allah in which there is light and guidance...The other one is my Ahlul-Bayt. I remind you in the name of Allah about my Ahlul-Bayt. I remind you in the name of Allah about my Ahlul-Bayt. I remind you in the name of Allah about my Ahlul-Bayt. (three times)."

Imam Ali (a.s) last words: Imam Ali's last words were actually in a really long letter to his eldest son, Imam Hassan (a.s), ( it's all here: https://www.al-islam.org/articles/letter-father-son-last-will-ali-ibn-abi-talib ), but I believe his last public words were: "By the Lord of the Kaaba, I have succeeded."

THE FINAL WORDS OF HAZRAT ALI (as)

“I was perplexed and bewildered; my patience was over; it was as if my soul was exiting my body; I left immediately, and did not realize how I got to Daar al-Hukumah (governor’s seat). Can I see him one more time? He is my sole existence. If, God forbid, something happens….I cannot even think about it…”

A huge crowd had gathered outside Dar al-Hukumah asking for punishment of “Ibn Muljam”. The door opened and Imam Hassan (PBUH) came out. Everyone kept quiet. He said,” O people! My father has ordered you to return to your homes(1), and asked me to leave his killer until my father passes away; if he passes away, the sentence of his killer is clear, and if he remains alive, he will decide about the man. So go back; May Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì have mercy on you”.

The people went back, but Asbagh ibn Nubatah, who was a companion of Amir al-Mu’minin (PBUH), could not leave. The voice of crying and lamentation raised from the house, so Asbagh started crying as well. Imam Hassan (PBUH) got out again and said,” O Asbagh! Did you not hear my words which were my father’s order?”

Asbagh says, ”I said to him, ‘I did. But now that I see my master in this condition, I want to visit him once more and hear a narration from him”. Imam Hassan (PBUH) went inside, and soon after, he came out and said,” Come in”. So I entered to my master, Amir al-Mu’minin (PBUH).

The Imam (pbuh) had covered his head with a yellow cloth, but his face was more yellow than the cloth. He was bending his legs and extending them continuously due to the pain of the strike on his head and the effect the poison that had spread all over his body. I threw myself over him, kissed him, and started crying. He said to me, ”O Asbagh! Don’t cry. I swear to Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì that I will go to Paradise.” I said, ”May I be sacrificed for you! I swear to Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì that I know you will go to Paradise. My crying is because I will be departed from you”.

Then I said to him,” O Amir al-Mu’minin! May I be sacrificed for you! Could you narrate one of the Hadiths you have heard from the Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HP)”(2)? He replied, ”Sit; I do not think you will hear a Hadith from me anymore”.

Then he continued by saying,” Know, O Asbagh, that I went to visit the Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HP) as you have come to visit me. The Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HP) said to me,” O Abal Hassan! Call upon the people; go on top of my platform and stand one step lower than where I used to stand, and tell the people, ‘Beware! Whoever hurts his parents is away from the mercy of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì. Beware! Whoever escapes from his parents is away from the mercy of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì. Beware! Whoever fails to pay someone who has worked for him is away from the mercy of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì.’

O Asbagh! I did exactly as my love had told me. So someone at the end of the mosque got up and said, ‘O Abal Hassan! You said three sentences, but they were brief. So explain them for us’. I did not respond to him until I went to the Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HP) and repeated what the man had said to him”.

At this point, Amir al-Mu’minin (PBUH) took my hand and said, ”O Asbagh! Open your hands!” I opened my hands. Then he took one of my fingers and said, “O Asbagh! the Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HP) took one of my fingers exactly as I am holding yours, and said, ‘O Abal Hassan! You and I are the two fathers of this nation. May he who hurts us be away from the mercy of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì! You and I are the two guardians of this nation. May he who escapes from us be away from the mercy of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì! You and I are the two persons responsible for serving this nation. Whoever does not pay our reward is away from the mercy of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì.”

These were the last statements Asbagh heard from the lips of Amir al-Mu’minin (PBUH). After that, he did not hear anything from his kind father until the seed of orphanhood was spread among the nation of Islam, and the father of the nation after the Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HP) joined him in the Hereafter…

Indeed our kind father went to his Lord as such…

Footnotes:

1. Amaali of Shaykh Mufid, p. 351.

2. Amaali of Shaykh Mufid, p. 352.

3. This Hadith has been narrated with similar wordings in Amaali of Shaykh Mufid (pp. 351-353), which was used in the above mentioned passage.

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/234993498-the-final-words-of-hazrat-ali-as/

3 hours ago, Hussaini624 said:

Prophet Muhammad (SAW) last words:

"For whoever I am his Leader (mawla), 'Ali is his Leader (mawla).", and after that, Muhammad (SAW) said,

"O’ people! Behold! It seems the time approached when I shall be called away (by Allah) and I shall answer that call. Behold! I am leaving for you two precious things. First of them is the book of Allah in which there is light and guidance...The other one is my Ahlul-Bayt. I remind you in the name of Allah about my Ahlul-Bayt. I remind you in the name of Allah about my Ahlul-Bayt. I remind you in the name of Allah about my Ahlul-Bayt. (three times)."

Imam Ali (a.s) last words: Imam Ali's last words were actually in a really long letter to his eldest son, Imam Hassan (a.s), ( it's all here: https://www.al-islam.org/articles/letter-father-son-last-will-ali-ibn-abi-talib ), but I believe his last public words were: "By the Lord of the Kaaba, I have succeeded."

After the event of ghadir Prophet saww remain alive for about 3 months.

So above are not his last words.

4 hours ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

Jazak Allah.

What about rest of Imams. 2nd to 11th

You have to understand that most of the Imams died from being poisoned by the Ummayids and Abbasids. They never really got a chance to say any last words. As for wills, I can only think of the Prophet (saw) and his daughter (as). The Prophet (saw) wanted to write his will but Umar denied him from that right and called him delirious. Fatima's will was for no one to know where she will be buried except a few people, and Abu Bakr/Umar were not allowed to attend her funeral. 

5 hours ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

Jazak Allah.

What about rest of Imams. 2nd to 11th

https://www.hilmi.eu/islam/books/maaref-foundation/www.maaref-foundation.com/english/library/pro_ahl/index.htm

This online library contains indepth bios of the Ahle Bayt and lists the info you are looking for. It lists the events concerning their deaths as well as what was said and commanded by them before their martyrdoms.

12 hours ago, Hassan- said:

You have to understand that most of the Imams died from being poisoned by the Ummayids and Abbasids. They never really got a chance to say any last words. As for wills, I can only think of the Prophet (saw) and his daughter (as). The Prophet (saw) wanted to write his will but Umar denied him from that right and called him delirious. Fatima's will was for no one to know where she will be buried except a few people, and Abu Bakr/Umar were not allowed to attend her funeral. 

To make everything a shia sunni issue is not always the answer.

You know very well (I am sure) that there are contradicting reports on above issues.

And if this is the case then how they appointed/nominated an Imam after them when they all die suddenly and had no knowledge about this.

Just a simple answer. Dont want to derail this thread.

11 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

https://www.hilmi.eu/islam/books/maaref-foundation/www.maaref-foundation.com/english/library/pro_ahl/index.htm

This online library contains indepth bios of the Ahle Bayt and lists the info you are looking for. It lists the events concerning their deaths as well as what was said and commanded by them before their martyrdoms.

Jazak Allah brother. Very useful books. But how to download as contents are now showing online.

12 hours ago, Hassan- said:

@Ya Allah Madad The incident was tramatic. People call it the " Calamity of Thursday ".  Watch this for the details.  This guy was a sunni and now he's exposing the truth to everyone. Umar didn't let the prophet Muhammad (SAW) write his final advice. How cruel. And he called him ill..

4 minutes ago, Hussaini624 said:

@Ya Allah Madad The incident was tramatic. People call it the " Calamity of Thursday ".  Watch this for the details.  This guy was a sunni and now he's exposing the truth to everyone. Umar didn't let the prophet Muhammad (SAW) write his final advice. How cruel. And he called him ill..

He seems very ignorant and too emotional on this issue. Its not as simple as he is describing.

The sole narrator of this event Ibn Abbas himself never blamed caliph Umar for this. If yes proof?

Moreover, can you share shia narrative of this event from ahelbayt? I really want to know how they mentioned this incident.

5 minutes ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

He seems very ignorant and too emotional on this issue. Its not as simple as he is describing.

The sole narrator of this event Ibn Abbas himself never blamed caliph Umar for this. If yes proof?

Moreover, can you share shia narrative of this event from ahelbayt? I really want to know how they mentioned this incident.

The Quran orders Muslims regarding Muhammad, (59:7) "So take what the Messenger assigns to you". Therefore it was not the place of Umar to take matters into his own hands.

Edited by Hussaini624

4 minutes ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

Obviously he was emotional. He was lied to his entire life. Imam Ali (a.s) brought him to the truth.

3 minutes ago, Hussaini624 said:

The Quran orders Muslims regarding Muhammad, "So take what the Messenger assigns to you". Therefore it was not the place of Umar to take matters into his own hands.

Thats the problem. It wasnt only umar there. But two groups having opposite opinion. And they were talking to eachother. None of their statement was directed towards prophet saww in direct speech.

1 minute ago, Hussaini624 said:

Obviously he was emotional. He was lied to his entire life. Imam Ali (a.s) brought him to the truth.

How? Is there any narration from this issue from Imam ALi a.s or from any other Imam? Share

1 hour ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

And if this is the case then how they appointed/nominated an Imam after them when they all die suddenly and had no knowledge about this.

Just a simple answer. Dont want to derail this thread.

They tell their sons when they're old enough to know. And they don't need anyone to appoint them, they've already been divinely appointed by Allah.

Edited by Hassan-

28 minutes ago, Hassan- said:

They tell their sons when they're old enough to know. And they don't need anyone to appoint them, they've already been divinely appointed by Allah.

Many Imams died when their sons were too young. And if they were already been divinely appointed then they should have informed their followers not their sons who already know. In that case their followers would not have become misguided (fatahiyah, ismailiyah, waqifiyah etc).

2 minutes ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

And if they were already been divinely appointed then they should have informed their followers not their sons who already know. In that case their followers would not have become misguided (fatahiyah, ismailiyah, waqifiyah etc).

This is how I know that you are not too familiar with the lives of the Imams. Some Imams were imprisoned for many years of their lives, others were on taqiyyah for the safety of their life and only interacted with their close companions. Most Imams were threatened by the rulers of their time and any dawah they give to the public would result in a death sentence for them. 

As a result of the injustice of the Umayyads, revolts and wars broke out in some corner of the Islamic world every day. Moreover, there were disputes within the Umayyad family itself which kept the caliphate busy and to a certain extent left the members of the Household of the Prophet alone. This was at time of Imam al-baqir (as) [5th imam] and mostly Imam al-Sadiq (as) [6th imam]. Because the Umayyads were occupied with their issues, Imam al-Sadiq (as) had greater possibilities and a more favourable climate existed for him to propagate religious teachings, hence why most of our ahadith are from him.

To understand the biography of the Prophet and the 12 imams in full detail, go here: https://www.al-islam.org/brief-history-fourteen-infallibles

32 minutes ago, Hassan- said:

This is how I know that you are not too familiar with the lives of the Imams. Some Imams were imprisoned for many years of their lives, others were on taqiyyah for the safety of their life and only interacted with their close companions. Most Imams were threatened by the rulers of their time and any dawah they give to the public would result in a death sentence for them. 

Imams like Abu Hanifa, Imam Malik, Imam Ahmed ibn Hanbal and many others also got imprisoned, were tortured physically and were threatened for death sentences but never did taqqiyah (except Imam Ahmed as of my klnowledge and only once in a lifetime in a very extreme situation). And Imam Abu Hanifa died in prison due to torture.

Its funny to know those who were divinely appointed and were recipients of wilayat takwiniyah etc did taqqiyah to save their life but all in vain. Despite that they were poisoned or tortured to death.

24 minutes ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

Imams like Abu Hanifa, Imam Malik, Imam Ahmed ibn Hanbal and many others also got imprisoned, were tortured physically and were threatened for death sentences but never did taqqiyah (except Imam Ahmed as of my klnowledge and only once in a lifetime in a very extreme situation). And Imam Abu Hanifa died in prison due to torture.

Its funny to know those who were divinely appointed and were recipients of wilayat takwiniyah etc did taqqiyah to save their life but all in vain. Despite that they were poisoned or tortured to death.

Maybe they wouldn't have gotten imprisoned, tortured or threatened if they did taqiyah. This is why taqiyah is necessary sometimes. And even with taqiyah, that doesn't make you 100% safe, people will sometimes figure out what's going on. Oppressive rulers used to send spies and such to figure out who the next direct descendant of the Prophet (saw) is so they can kill him. They knew the Imams were a threat to their power and position. The Imams lived in deep struggle during their lives, maybe you should read their history.

Edited by Hassan-

42 minutes ago, Hassan- said:
1 hour ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

Maybe they wouldn't have gotten imprisoned, tortured or threatened if they did taqiyah. This is why taqiyah is necessary sometimes. And even with taqiyah, that doesn't make you 100% safe, people will sometimes figure out what's going on. Oppressive rulers used to send spies and such to figure out who the next direct descendant of the Prophet (saw) is so they can kill him. They knew the Imams were a threat to their power and position. The Imams lived in deep struggle during their lives, maybe you should read their history.

A person doing taqqiyah even while stting at home is never a threat. The real threat for caliphs of those time were other members of ahlebayt like Zaid bin ALi, Abdullah Aftah, Nafs Zakkiyah and many of their sons, brothers and cousins who uprised against them. Imam Abu Hanifa got imprisoned and tortured to death due to his fatwas in favor of Zaid bin Ali but never did taqqiyah.

There are three levels of Iman with regards to forbidding the evil.

On the authority of Abu Sa’eed al-Khudree (ra) who said:    

I heard the Messenger of Allah (saw) say, “Whosoever of you sees an evil, let him change it with his hand; and if he is not able to do so, then [let him change it] with his tongue; and if he is not able to do so, then with his heart — and that is the weakest of faith.”  [Muslim]

Now its upto you at what level you put ahlebayt. Taqqiyah is even lower level than above three. In ahlul sunnah hadith corpus you will not find any hadith saying ahlebayt ever did taqqiyah. Because these were the people at highest level of Iman.

Now lets stick to the main topic. Any wills/wasiyah from other Imams? Esp of Imam Hassan a.s and Imam Hussain a.s?

Last will of Imam Musa Kazim a.s

https://www.al-islam.org/uyun-akhbar-ar-ridha-volume-1-shaykh-saduq/chapter-5-musa-ibn-jafars-will

Last words of Prophet saww.

While he was confined to bed the Prophet attached great importance to reminding the people of the obligatory matters and in the last days of his illness he strongly recommended the offering of prayers and good treatment of the slaves. He said: "Behave well with your slaves, be careful about their food and dress, speak gently with them and make sociability the business of your life".

One day Ka'b Ahbar asked the Second Caliph "What did the Prophet say just before his death?" The Caliph pointed to the Commander of the Faithful, who was also present in the meeting, and said: "Ask him". Ali said: "While the head of the Prophet was resting on my shoulder, he said: "Prayers. Prayers." Ka'b Ahbar then said: "This has been the way of the previous Prophets also''

Source: Tabaqat, vol. II, page 254.