sidnaq

Are pakistanis fascinated with other cultures

Rate this topic

44 minutes ago, Kaniz-e-Zaynab said:

i wonder what you mean by fascinated by other cultures? Arent all people fascinated by other cultures which they want to know more about? 

well i mean the people, not necessarily the culture.but by meeting people with fairer complexion, or more beautiful features? if thats what they are thinking of course.

2 hours ago, sidnaq said:

Are pakistanis usually fascinated when meeting people from Afghanistan, Iran, Tajikistan? or other cultures?

This is the funniest thing I have ever heard lol. How about we go eat some chicken tika masala lol that stuff is good.

1 hour ago, sidnaq said:

but by meeting people with fairer complexion, or more beautiful features?

That sounds kind of racist but from what I told by some members here, some Arabs (especially the Gulf) worship and idolize white people, they basically kiss the ground that white people walk on. We are apparently associated with wealth and success. Why thought? That's a stupid thing to assume about people. That's the same kind of naive mentality that you see in elementary/primary school. It's utterly ridiculous and disgraceful to me. I don't know about Pakistan but why are you so fixated on race and culture? It doesn't make you more religious.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar
Clarification.

4 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

That sounds kind of racist but from what I told by some members here, some Arabs worship and idolize white people, they basically kiss the ground that white people walk on. We are apparently associated with wealth and success.

Hahaha omg lol:hahaha:

not all arabs tho the ones from sham and the Maghreb are a lot better

Edited by Muhajir

1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Absurd isn't it? I am far from being successful, why should I be considered superior to others because of my lack of melanin?

lol true unfortunately people have the wrong impression of white these days. Many white people in America struggle with oppression as much as other people. They havent seen the white people who are struggling in poverty I guess but one thing I hate is when people put all their blame on whites and think whites are some different species or something. White people are just like anybody else lol like seriously I think hollywood or something has mislead many. Many middle eastern people are mixed races with whites anyways so it doesn't make sense, you know what I mean? 

1 minute ago, Muhajir said:

lol true unfortunately people have the wrong impression of white these days. Many white people in America struggle with oppression as much as other people. They havent seen the white people who are struggling in poverty I guess but one thing I hate is when people put all their blame on whites and think whites are some different species or something. White people are just like anybody else lol like seriously I think hollywood or something has mislead many. Many middle eastern people are mixed races with whites anyways so it doesn't make sense, you know what I mean? 

I know exactly what you mean, it is infuriating and that's putting it mildly.

Just now, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I know exactly what you mean, it is infuriating and that's putting it mildly.

yes like that thread earlier what its like being white I really didnt like that lol but my refutation for that is here. 

On 6/17/2017 at 0:37 AM, sidnaq said:

but by meeting people with fairer complexion, or more beautiful features?

Do you want to say Pakistani's are black & less attractive?

I suggest you to stop looking at people like Tariq Jamil.

Edited by Anonymous

There is more than 15 major ethinic groups and lots of minor.. More than 15 major languages and atleast 50 minor languages.. Pakistan is so rich in culture that you can find a whole different new bunch of colours after some meters... Its a growing and struggling country ofcourse it have some influence from other countries and places ( because people of Pakistan are very catchy to be very honest ).. But fascinated from fairer complexion ha-ha- seriously..?? 

Pakistan is so vast in beauty also...

And ofcourse i'll be very pleased to add this "sometimes the people with no melilin in them are used to be named as "pheka shaljam" (tastless turnip) in Pakistan !!" :grin: 

Let's paraphrase the question.

Do Pakistanis think people from other ethnicities and races are better-looking than them, like Persians, Arabs, Afghans etc.

The answer is yes, some do. They think other races such as Persians and Anglo Saxons are better-looking than the Indic peoples. They also think that we desis are an ugly lot, perhaps due to large scale inbreeding, and that there are only a handful of us who are good-looking.

3 hours ago, Marbles said:

The answer is yes, some do. They think other races such as Persians and Anglo Saxons are better-looking than the Indic peoples. They also think that we desis are an ugly lot, perhaps due to large scale inbreeding, and that there are only a handful of us who are good-looking.

I think you will get less than 1% votes in favor of this answer.

22 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Absurd isn't it? I am far from being successful, why should I be considered superior to others because of my lack of melanin?

I also wanted to add that in sharia terms white peoples can either be classified as turks or banu asfar. Banu asfar is more for white christians tho so that is what a roman would mean. But turks are known generally as whites to Islamic scholars. 

Just in case you were wondering what Surah rum is about brother.

Edited by Muhajir

On 6/17/2017 at 2:05 AM, Gaius I. Caesar said:

That sounds kind of racist but from what I told by some members here, some Arabs (especially the Gulf) worship and idolize white people, they basically kiss the ground that white people walk on. We are apparently associated with wealth and success. Why thought? That's a stupid thing to assume about people. That's the same kind of naive mentality that you see in elementary/primary school. It's utterly ridiculous and disgraceful to me. I don't know about Pakistan but why are you so fixated on race and culture? It doesn't make you more religious.

im not fixated ,its just a curious question.the thing is people with fairer features like pathans are well considered to be beautiful, green eyes, pinker lips.thats what i mean by more beautiful features.so i suggest your stop focusing on how im fixated on something.btw go see our pakistani tv, look at the face colour of the people on there.they arent brown.

21 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

Do you want to say Pakistani's are black & less attractive?

I suggest you to stop looking at people like Tariq Jamil.

no thats not what i said, and tariq jameel himself is has good features given by Allah so hes not ugly.its our mentality that makes darker ppl say theyre ugly.

Edited by Anonymous

17 hours ago, Marbles said:

Let's paraphrase the question.

Do Pakistanis think people from other ethnicities and races are better-looking than them, like Persians, Arabs, Afghans etc.

thank you, the rest of the lot it felt like they attacked me for asking a simple question.

Well Pakistanis thinking lighter skin people look better could be a product of British colonization. They are forgetting tho that real arabs are also really dark and many Pakistanis can pass as arabs as well.

12 minutes ago, Muhajir said:

They are forgetting tho that real arabs are also really dark and many Pakistanis can pass as arabs as well.

If some Pakistanis look like peninsular Arabs in terms of skin colour, there are also many of us who easily blend with those from the Levant and even Iran. Pakistanis can be as light-skinned as anyone from the Mediterranean region or as dark as from Africa, within the same ethnic group! Gotta love this variation and diversity.

in my experience many Pakistanis easily pass as Arabs and even Iranians as long as they are not wearing traditional outfits. I can't recall the number of times I have been mistaken for an Iranian in Iran and an Arab in Arab countries, until I told them my background. That's despite the fact that I look very much desi and don't have those subtle marks in facial features, hairstyle, clothing etc that might present me as an Arab or an Iranian.