Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Anxiety disorder

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

I am feeling that my anxiety disorder that I’d been dealing with for a year changed on me.  It started feeling different.  It went from a condition that I was suffering through no doubt, but I was dealing and coping with it, to something else that I was no longer able to deal with.  Here are a few of the new sensations I have experienced:

I started feeling chocked inside my chest.

I started feeling something grasping and holding onto my chest and heart area.  And it lets up very infrequently.

I started feeling even more severely intense mood swings, severe nostalgia.

I started feeling nauseas and queazy much more frequently, especially in the morning

Yellow face yellow eyes !! 

What's going on with me 

• Veteran Member
5 hours ago, Amber zahra said:

I am feeling that my anxiety disorder that I’d been dealing with for a year changed on me.  It started feeling different.  It went from a condition that I was suffering through no doubt, but I was dealing and coping with it, to something else that I was no longer able to deal with.

Are you seeing a Medical Professional about this? Are there Meds involved?

Also, what's changed in your life recently that would cause additional anxiety to present itself?

5 hours ago, Amber zahra said:

I started feeling something grasping and holding onto my chest and heart area.  And it lets up very infrequently.

I started feeling nauseas and queazy much more frequently, especially in the morning

What's going on with me 

A trip to the Dr is definitely in order since they may be symptoms of something else as well.

I'm no Dr but yellow face and yellow eyes is a sign of Jaundice or some other internal issue.

• Veteran Member

Its only anxiety. I have it too. Its very interesting. The brain fakes all the feelings, the choking, the stomach bloating up. It can even make you feel you are going insane. And this is why its hard. Its your brain pitted against you. It will release lots of adrenaline in the blood to intensify every feeling and bombard you with thoughts of paranoia. "You are dying", "This is it", "Say goodbye to your loved ones", "No this is different, this time its something else, and this is it!". The amount of adrenaline released depends very largely on your response. The body has this mechanism called "fight or flight" and adrenaline is a chemical when released into the blood it heightens our senses, increased the blood circulation, gives us better reflexes, and among other effects it also makes it easier to defecate. Its also an interesting natural system because suppose dogs are after a person and if they defecate the dogs will give up chase. But in this disorder, and since today we are not living so naturally anymore some complexities have developed. The adrenaline levels in blood is burnt through exercise and our life styles do not involve exercise. Anxiety is the catalyst which turns it into a disorder. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you.

The first thing any professional will tell you is that no one ever died of anxiety disorder. It can be hellishly agonizing, yes, but it is in your control. You must learn to control it to overcome it. The medicines will help but ultimately it will be your behavior towards your condition that will determine the future of your condition. You must remember to not consider anxiety a problem or listen to its paranoia or be upset from your brain's trickery. Once you start doing that it will dramatically become controlled.

But do see a doctor. Be strong. The technique I have told you in under something called CBT, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. There are online websites and mobile apps that give CBT. So do professionals. Apart from prescription medicine there are supplements that help. Like Inositol (Vitamin B8) and Passionflower extract (Passiflora Incarnata) and other natural things. These two are among the best ones. Above all do not think of yourself as diseased, because you are not. Be positive.

18 hours ago, Amber zahra said:

I am feeling that my anxiety disorder that I’d been dealing with for a year changed on me.  It started feeling different.  It went from a condition that I was suffering through no doubt, but I was dealing and coping with it, to something else that I was no longer able to deal with.  Here are a few of the new sensations I have experienced:

What's going on with me 

I got anxiety too. We all do. It is only in the head. I know it feels so horrible that you may actually be 100% convinced that it is real. It seems you have identified the problem but you havent neutralized it. Try seeking a professional. 

• Forum Administrators

If your eyes are yellow, it could be a sign of fatty liver disease, which is a cause of anxiety, fatigue, and depression. Do you ever have pains to the right of your belly button? Severe back aches?

Seeing a doctor is advisable - if you think it may be your liver, get a blood test and ECG scan, and ask your doctor about it.

Fighting anxiety is hard, Darth Vader gave some good advice. Doing some mild weight lifting will calm your "fight or flight" mechanism, and eating healthier will improve the situation. Avoid caffeine and sugar, avoid deep fried foods. Go for walks, do not trap yourself indoors in small rooms, and openly talk about your anxiety with someone you trust.

21 hours ago, Amber zahra said:

What's going on with me 

I also suffer from it and my wife and parents forced to to see a doctor who prescribed me some anxiety medicine and all it did was put me to sleep so I stopped taking it. What helps anxiety is exercise and also going to islamic events helps as well.

Edited by Muhajir
  • Veteran Member
On 6/16/2017 at 4:22 AM, Amber zahra said:

What's going on with me 

Reads like you need a blood test and a second MD's opinion.

Ask Starlight for her impression. @starlight

• Moderators
13 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Reads like you need a blood test and a second MD's opinion.

Ask Starlight for her impression. @starlight

Just the routine blood tests. Nothing specific needed IMO. 

By yellow eyes and face you mean pale with anxiety? And not jaundiced yellow, right? 

• Veteran Member
16 hours ago, Qa'im said:

Avoid caffeine

Best advice. I'm a caffeine addict. Whenever anxiety begins to bug me I quit caffeine only for a couple of days and the results are dramaticly good.

3 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

Best advice. I'm a caffeine addict. Whenever anxiety begins to bug me I quit caffeine only for a couple of days and the results are dramaticly good.

true but its so damn hard to quit caffeine I have tried so many times and went like 1-2 months without caffeine and it feels really good but then drinking caffein also feels good lol.

• Veteran Member
5 minutes ago, Muhajir said:

true but its so damn hard to quit caffeine I have tried so many times and went like 1-2 months without caffeine and it feels really good but then drinking caffein also feels good lol.

Yes. Its why I haven't stopped its intake but resorted to moderate it. I feel trying so many supplements, particularly Inositol and/or passion flower extract has made a big improvement. Inositol is sold as "Myofolic" sachets in Pakistan and there is also folic acid in it. If anyone uses that be sure to also take vitamin b12 with it because the levels of the two (folic and b12) should be in balance.

1 minute ago, Darth Vader said:

Yes. Its why I haven't stopped its intake but resorted to moderate it. I feel trying so many supplements, particularly Inositol and/or passion flower extract has made a big improvement. Inositol is sold as "Myofolic" sachets in Pakistan and there is also folic acid in it. If anyone uses that be sure to also take vitamin b12 with it because the levels of the two (folic and b12) should be in balance.

maybe but I dont know about all this vitamin stuff.

• Veteran Member
10 hours ago, starlight said:

Just the routine blood tests. Nothing specific needed IMO. 

By yellow eyes and face you mean pale with anxiety? And not jaundiced yellow, right? 

Salam, Uhty,

Since  this a  jaundiced appearing symptom, one cause could be  hepatitis ? Correct?

• Veteran Member
8 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

Go decaff, bro.

Just have one regular in the morning ... to get your heart started :D

• Veteran Member
5 minutes ago, Muhajir said:

whats the point of decaf?

There is little-to-no caffeine in it and it tastes just as good.

Added: besides, too much caffeine raise your blood pressure when you get older, but when young it causes headaches. So watch how much tea you drink, also.

Edited by hasanhh
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Salam, Uhty,

Since  this a  jaundiced appearing symptom, one cause could be  hepatitis ? Correct?

Hepatitis is one if the causes of jaundice though I hope it's not since it can serious. 

She should see a doctor. 

• Moderators
Here is a aḥīḥ (Authentic) adīth from Imām al-ādiq (عليه السلام) on how to cure depression.

حدثنا أبي (رحمه الله)، قال: حدثنا سعد بن عبد الله، عن أيوب بن نوح، عن محمد بن أبي عمير، عن مثنى بن الوليد الحناط، عن أبي بصير،
My father[2] (رحمة الله عليه) has narrated to us, he said: Sa`ad b. `Abd Allāh has narrated to us from Ayūb b. Nūḥ from Muḥammad b. Abī `Umayr from Muthanna b. al-Walīd al-Ḥannāṭ from Abī Baṣīr said,

قَالَ قَالَ لِيَ الصَّادِقُ ع أَ مَا تَحْزَنُ أَ مَا تَهْتَمُّ أَ مَا تَأْلَمُ قُلْتُ بَلَى وَ اللَّهِ قَالَ فَإِذَا كَانَ ذَلِكَ مِنْكَ فَاذْكُرِ الْمَوْتَ وَ وَحْدَتَكَ فِي قَبْرِكَ وَ سَيَلَانَ عَيْنَيْكَ عَلَى خَدَّيْكَ وَ تَقَطُّعَ أَوْصَالِكَ وَ أَكْلَ الدُّودِ مِنْ لَحْمِكَ وَ بَلَاءَكَ وَ انْقِطَاعَكَ عَنِ الدُّنْيَا فَإِنَّ ذَلِكَ يَحُثُّكَ عَلَى الْعَمَلِ وَ يَرْدَعُكَ عَنْ كَثِيرٍ مِنَ الْحِرْصِ عَلَى الدُّنْيَا
al-Ṣādiq (عليه السلام) said to me, 'Do you become sad, worry, and suffer?' I said: 'Yes, by Allāh!' He (AS) said: ‘When that (happens) to you, then remember death, your loneliness in your grave, the flowing of your eyes on your cheeks, the breaking of your joints, the worms eating from your flesh, your misfortunes, and your separation from the world. For that is what prompts you to do (good) actions, and deters you from many of the desires of the world'
  • Veteran Member
On 6/18/2017 at 2:02 AM, Darth Vader said:

Caffeine usually gives me palpitations. I get worried for no reason and generally feel nauseous  . I still cant avoid it though, I am addicted. 

• Veteran Member
On 6/20/2017 at 0:05 AM, Pearl178 said:

Caffeine usually gives me palpitations. I get worried for no reason and generally feel nauseous  . I still cant avoid it though, I am addicted. 

Caffeine does that but the effect is pronounced also because of acidity it may create in the stomach which can feel like palpitations. To avoid acidity I don't use artificial processed milk (only nestle if i have to) especially powdered creamers / tea whiteners. They are devastatingly acidic. Acidity also gives nausea and mitigates appetite. Ultimately acidity and careless food habits wears away a little of that protective stomach lining which becomes another problem we just have to live with. I take an acidity prevention pill each day.

P.S.: I'm not a doctor. You might want to talk to a doctor. Starlight is a good online doctor. ^^

Edited by Darth Vader