Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/london-fire-latest-grenfell-tower-blaze-kensington-white-city-eyewitnesses-a7788821.html

Prayers to the victims and families.

What's going on? anyone here from London?

Is it true the tower was mostly inhabited by Muslim families?

• Forum Administrators

Innaa lillahi Wa Innaa Ilayhi Raaji'oon. "Indeed to Allah we belong, and to Him we return." [Holy Qur'an 2:156] 

• Forum Administrators
  • Advanced Member
16 hours ago, notme said:

Nice to hear about the good things.

I can't help but wonder two things though: why didn't the alarms sound, and why did it spread so fast? 

I heard something about some of the material used in recent upgrades catching fire easily.

A reminder of why I would never live in a giant complex like that.

• Forum Administrators

This is from the news in the US, what we were being told about the fire. On Wednesday there were 6 fatalities and raised it to 12. On Thursday it was 17 dead. Friday the death toll count is 30. They said 40 people are missing.

I am praying that many of the missing people escaped. Since they are homeless they might be living with someone, and others don't know that they are safe. 

• Veteran Member
11 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

This is from the news in the US, what we were being told about the fire. On Wednesday there were 6 fatalities and raised it to 12. On Thursday it was 17 dead. Friday the death toll count is 30. They said 40 people are missing.

I am praying that many of the missing people escaped. Since they are homeless they might be living with someone, and others don't know that they are safe. 

The part that l thought was really sad is when it was reported that people were dropping their infants and toddlers from windows -even from several stories up- and the reporter then said "most" of them were caught.

And there were jumpers.

No sprinkler system. No fire alarms. This after 10 million Lbs was spent on up grades. What the ____ was the money spent on besides cosmetic appearances?

People told to stay in their apartments and towel the doors.

Blank

• Forum Administrators

There is no breaking news in the US today about the fire. This tragedy is being forgotten already. :cry: 

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

There is no breaking news in the US today about the fire. This tragedy is being forgotten already. :cry: 

That's how the news always goes. We are trained to have remarkably short attention. If it didn't happen yesterday or today, it didn't happen. 

• Forum Administrators

Quote from the Police Commander, on the missing and presumed dead in the tragic fire:

"The figure of 30 that I gave yesterday is the number that I know, sadly, have, at least, died. So that 58 would include that 30," he said.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/17/london-fire-blaze-likely-killed-at-least-58-people-police-say.html

• Forum Administrators

On 17/06/2017 at 5:57 PM, notme said:

That's how the news always goes. We are trained to have remarkably short attention. If it didn't happen yesterday or today, it didn't happen. 

Unless it's an 'Islamist' bombing.