Rate this topic

Any books anyone would recommend on how to budget money the Islamic way? I want to be very organized with how I deal with money and what I spend it on as well but I have many questions. I went to university in the west and now that I've graduated I have loans that have piled interest. I also want to put a percentage aside of my paycheck to zakat and khums but is there a specific number that is recommended? Also, hypothetically speaking if in the future I had additional money what would be the Islamic perspective on purchasing luxury items? 

I don't know of any books, but luxury items are allowed. Debt at interest is not, so pay that off as quickly as you are able. 

On 12/06/2017 at 9:25 PM, candlesandpizza said:

Any books anyone would recommend on how to budget money the Islamic way? I want to be very organized with how I deal with money and what I spend it on as well but I have many questions. I went to university in the west and now that I've graduated I have loans that have piled interest. I also want to put a percentage aside of my paycheck to zakat and khums but is there a specific number that is recommended? Also, hypothetically speaking if in the future I had additional money what would be the Islamic perspective on purchasing luxury items? 

Islamically speaking in regards to additional money one should limit on luxury items, spend little on it and rather focus more towards Khums and Zakat. One should only pay Zakat and Khums if they have additional money to do so.