Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Wonderwoman99

Posting photos is haram?

Rate this topic

I first apologize if this is in the wrong thread, seems like the mobile version doesn't list all the sites categories. 

In what contect is posting selfies haram for women? I have been an inspiration to my friends to wear hijab because they are influenced by my sense of modesty despite living in the west. I'd like to share my photos on Instagram in one of two ways, either showing my face or not. Of course I do feel uncomfortable with men having my photos on their phone but that is not my intention, it is simply to encourage women to be interested in being modest despite living in the west. 

I actually would be more interested in not using my face because I do not want anyone comparing their appearance to mine, so it's easier to be "face less". 

However i I was asking in a general sense if my goal was to spread the message of hijab and modesty would it be haram to post photos of my face? I wouldn't be making duck lips or anything like that. 

Again i am not talking about myself personally posting photos of my face so brothers and sisters just focus on answering the actual questions in terms of ISLAMIC LAW not personal opinion. 

Ws 

Salam Alaikum Sister

There shouldn't be an issue as long as you haven't dolled yourself up.

Sayed Ammar has a lecture on hijab on imam hussein as tv. It's on YouTube.  It should provide clarity.

Wasalaam 

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum Sister,

Sayyid Seeistani

Question: What is the best modest dress according to Islamic laws?

Answer: In the present time, the context of hijab is the modest covering of a Muslim woman. A woman should not show her beauty or adornments except what appears by uncontrolled factors such as the wind blowing her clothes, and the head covers should be drawn so as to cover the hair, the neck and the bosom. Islam has no fixed standard as to the style of dress or type of clothing that Muslims must wear .

3Question: What are the minimum requirements of Hijab (Islamic modest dress) for a Muslim woman?
Answer: Woman should conceal her body and hair from a man who is non-Mahram, and as an obligatory precaution, she should conceal herself even from a Na-baligh boy who is able to discern between good and evil, and could probably be sexually excited. But she can leave her face and hands upto wrists uncovered in the presence of Na-Mahram, as long as it does not lead him to casting a sinful, evil glance or her to doing something forbidden; for in both these cases, she must cover them.

Sayyid Ali Khamanei

Hijab
Women should cover their entire head and body — except for the unadorned face and hands up to wrists — with clothes that do not attract non-maḥrams' attention.

It is not permissible for women to wear anything, whose color, design, or manner of wearing may attract non-maḥram’s attention or could eventually lead to bad effects or committing that which is ḥarām.

Brother 3li,

Give your sister 70 excuses :)

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 
Edited by Laayla

16 hours ago, Wonderwoman99 said:

I first apologize if this is in the wrong thread, seems like the mobile version doesn't list all the sites categories. 

In what contect is posting selfies haram for women? I have been an inspiration to my friends to wear hijab because they are influenced by my sense of modesty despite living in the west. I'd like to share my photos on Instagram in one of two ways, either showing my face or not. Of course I do feel uncomfortable with men having my photos on their phone but that is not my intention, it is simply to encourage women to be interested in being modest despite living in the west. 

I actually would be more interested in not using my face because I do not want anyone comparing their appearance to mine, so it's easier to be "face less". 

However i I was asking in a general sense if my goal was to spread the message of hijab and modesty would it be haram to post photos of my face? I wouldn't be making duck lips or anything like that. 

Again i am not talking about myself personally posting photos of my face so brothers and sisters just focus on answering the actual questions in terms of ISLAMIC LAW not personal opinion. 

Ws 

You can post photos but not ones whereby you are exposed enough to the point where others would get aroused. I suggest you wear hijab and be quite modest. 

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum Sister @sidnaq

Please read the post in its entirety.  You will see what I posted in response. Don't judge by the editing, I use it to update copy/paste info.  Thank you for your concern and looking out for my akhlaq. Alhamd'Allah.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah