Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Question on laylatul qadr?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam, 

Based on the various narrations from our imams, laylatul qadr would either be on the 19th, 21st, or 23rd of ramadan with most hadiths suggesting it may well be on the 23rd (from what I've read) however I am still confused as to when exactly it would be. For example if one desires to perform laylatul qadr on the 23rd, does that mean that he/she should perform it on the 22nd night of ramadan and by the time fajr emerges it will be the beginning of the 23rd day, or does one perform it on the 23rd night and by the time dawn strikes, it would be the start of the 24th day? I am really confused. 

Thank you, wa salam 

• Forum Administrators

Laylatul Qadr is considered to be one of three: the 19th, 21st or 23rd of the Holy Month of Ramadan. So after maghrib and isha prayers on the 18th, 20th and 22nd, you recite special duas, say special prayers, do tasbeeh, and read the Holy Qur'an. Some people stay up all night long and worship Allah in this way, until they eat sahar and begin fasting again.