Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
SeekingEnlightment

Sunni Guy - Marrying Sayyed Shia Girl

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

It is allowed for Sunnis and Shias to marry each other. 

It depends on her parents thought of you marrying their daughter. 

Just explain why you want to marry their daughter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

It is allowed for Sunnis and Shias to marry each other. 

It depends on her parents thought of you marrying their daughter. 

Just explain why you want to marry their daughter. 

Why? Why? I wont go into much details as to how Allah brought us together as a reply to this forum.

It is because she is the best thing that has ever happened in my life. I have had family issues for years. I used to get locked up in room stay in depression for a long . Even considered suicide in all manners i was lost. I was never close to Islam. I didnt pray. Infact i hadnt prayed for years and i didnt use to take ramadan or any of it seriously.

We actually met once professionaly. Professional talk lead to Islam. She told me stuff about how she felt pity on those who didnt pray. How she herself talked to Allah complained to Him about everything.

I got jealous. Then something happened that made me see the Truth. For the first time ever I felt His presence and it was so dominating that i couldnt stop my tears. Hence started my journey towards being a pious muslim. I started praying regularly and everything.

She actually wears a niqab complete with abaya. I fell for her Iman before anything else. We are actually quite young right now. Not the age that we can marry in exactly especially since she isnt even a legal adult yet. But we are commited(not in a relationship since that is Haram). It has been 9 months now. She means the world to me. Allah opened the path to Islam for me through her.

I intend to spend my Life of Forever with her and that is the reason I intend to marry her since couples will get to be together in Jannah.

As to if I will allow her religious freedom or not: Especially since Allah chose a Shia girl for me.. Obviously i will let her follow her faith. If you ask her what she is though she will simple state 'I am a Muslim.' She quotes this Shia scholar who says that 'Its better to donate blood than spill it on the streets.' So she is against that..thing so that was my only fear ever. I dont think way of salah or other things matter too much.

Still things like Mutah. That are banned in one of our faiths. I will never allow that. Not to my daughter if Allah inshallah blesses me with one.

Other than that again since through her Allah guided me I will not mind that my children pray the way shias prays and everything. Infact I would like to learn the shia way of praying myself so that when we are married i can pray with her. So that we may pray together.

Also anything I can say to her parents so that it may help convince them to let us when that time in our life comes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and ofcourse my life has changed dramatically after her. She spoon-fed me as to how I should respect my parents how to get close to them and to be patient if they get angry at me. :) Mashallah I at the moment think that I have the best family in the world. Everything is perfect right now. Those things that arent are merely a test from Allah.

Parents dont get angry at meanymore and every single aspect of my life including studies and relatuonships and respect from society has taken a great jump towards the positive so ~~ yeah all cause of Allah through her ~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SeekingEnlightment said:

Also since I am Non-Sayyed I talked to this Shia-Sayyed friend of mine Ggnerally. He told me even quoted a saying from Prophet PBUH apparently prohibiting a Sayyed giving his daughter in marriage to a Non-Sayyed. That is basically my prime concern really ^

 

5 hours ago, SeekingEnlightment said:

She spoon-fed me as to how I should respect my parents how to get close to them and to be patient if they get angry at me. 

lol I dont think you should mention that spoon feeding thing again lol but about the sayed thing...

many people are confused about this whole sayed thing and after talking to many scholars on this issue it seems like sayed is not based on blood line. There are many people who call themselves sayeds but are not righteous so they arent really sayeds. The islamic governments back in the days used to actually regulate this but the problem is since there arent islamic governments with power managing things so people are saying whatever they want but what I will tell you dont worry about all this sayed stuff cause 99 % of people are saying they are sayed are wrong anyways. Its like this when there are scholars of ahlul bayt who are real sayeds based on blood line and character then their biological family members will try to attribute themselves to them and claim to be from ahlul bayt as well but this is incorrect and those people arent from ahlul bayt because its not a blood line thing purely.

 

So my advice is brother dont worry about all this sayed stuff because I am sure the girl is not a sayed anyways because a real sayed and that title is more for the ulama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Muhajir said:

 

lol I dont think you should mention that spoon feeding thing again lol but about the sayed thing...

So my advice is brother dont worry about all this sayed stuff because I am sure the girl is not a sayed anyways because a real sayed and that title is more for the ulama.

Oh that spoon feeding thing meaning she explained it all into consumable bits and pieces ~ Also that may be true that she is not actually Sayyed but what if her parents think that she is one of those 'true' Sayyeds? Like that will kill the point and will lead us back to where we are if her family thinks they are actually the true ones cause it matters to them and they will make their decision based on what they believe in right? Also social media played a major role in our discussion so that may be one of the factors that their parents may notice?? Cause technically we met just once most of our discussions were otherwise through social media ~

Still anything I can do/say to convince her parents when after a few years I approach them? Ofcourse I will be earning by then and everything. Being stable all those necessary things are a must obviously other than that I meant ~ anything other than that from a religious perspective especially since I'm pretty sure I will be able to handle the rest with the blessings of Allah ~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SeekingEnlightment said:

Oh that spoon feeding thing meaning she explained it all into consumable bits and pieces ~ Also that may be true that she is not actually Sayyed but what if her parents think that she is one of those 'true' Sayyeds? Like that will kill the point and will lead us back to where we are if her family thinks they are actually the true ones cause it matters to them and they will make their decision based on what they believe in right? Also social media played a major role in our discussion so that may be one of the factors that their parents may notice?? Cause technically we met just once most of our discussions were otherwise through social media ~

Still anything I can do/say to convince her parents when after a few years I approach them? Ofcourse I will be earning by then and everything. Being stable all those necessary things are a must obviously other than that I meant ~ anything other than that from a religious perspective especially since I'm pretty sure I will be able to handle the rest with the blessings of Allah ~

If her parents act that arrogant and think they are some true real sayeds and people should kiss their feet or something and you reject that and than they say no to marrying the daughter then you could easily get the nikkah done just go talk to a local Islamic scholar and they will do the nikkah for you. One thing I will tell you tho when you meet the parents don't mention anything about sayed and if they try to bring it up just change the topic inshallah who knows maybe the parents might be cool and understanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Muhajir said:

If her parents act that arrogant and think they are some true real sayeds and people should kiss their feet or something and you reject that and than they say no to marrying the daughter then you could easily get the nikkah done just go talk to a local Islamic scholar and they will do the nikkah for you. One thing I will tell you tho when you meet the parents don't mention anything about sayed and if they try to bring it up just change the topic inshallah who knows maybe the parents might be cool and understanding.

First thing, they wont exactly be acting 'arrogant' if they are merely following their beliefs. Secondly, I think one should refrain from judging anyone if one doesnt know for sure if they are the true Sayyeds or not. Thirdly, 'kiss their feet' thats kind of dramatic and personally on behalf of her parents which you know nothing about I find it a bit offensive so try not to judge please. 

Now. I am not the type of person who would just marry someone's daughter, even if the daughter in question agrees, unless I have convinced her parents that my intentions are sincere and inshallah I will be the best person I can ever be to their daughter. If they disagree I will continue my efforts in convincing them if it takes my life.

One thing that I always tell this girl is that our parent's rights come before our personal desires and rights. They took care of us when we were born so we owe them a lot and we owe them first. They took care of us for years and we (her and myself) dont know each other that long. Despite the fact that our 'bond' is true.

I will not marry her until her parents are happy with us no matter what. I will strive and be patient because if inshallah this girl is made for me. If hers was the name written in heaven before we were born then no power in the world can ever stop us from being together. We met each other because of Allah. If Allah had wished we would never have had been together. For that reason we will NEVER transgress the limits defined by Allah no matter how much hardship and tests Allah make us go through.

She is Allah's gift to me. She is Allah's blessing upon me. I will not spoil it by marrying her without having her parents consent. 

Inshallah if Allah wills I will be among the patient ones on the Day of Judgement. 

Also yeah ofcourse :) I will not mention it to her parents about that or anything ~ thank you for your feedback otherwise ^__^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SeekingEnlightment said:

First thing, they wont exactly be acting 'arrogant' if they are merely following their beliefs. Secondly, I think one should refrain from judging anyone if one doesnt know for sure if they are the true Sayyeds or not. Thirdly, 'kiss their feet' thats kind of dramatic and personally on behalf of her parents which you know nothing about I find it a bit offensive so try not to judge please. 

Now. I am not the type of person who would just marry someone's daughter, even if the daughter in question agrees, unless I have convinced her parents that my intentions are sincere and inshallah I will be the best person I can ever be to their daughter. If they disagree I will continue my efforts in convincing them if it takes my life.

One thing that I always tell this girl is that our parent's rights come before our personal desires and rights. They took care of us when we were born so we owe them a lot and we owe them first. They took care of us for years and we (her and myself) dont know each other that long. Despite the fact that our 'bond' is true.

I will not marry her until her parents are happy with us no matter what. I will strive and be patient because if inshallah this girl is made for me. If hers was the name written in heaven before we were born then no power in the world can ever stop us from being together. We met each other because of Allah. If Allah had wished we would never have had been together. For that reason we will NEVER transgress the limits defined by Allah no matter how much hardship and tests Allah make us go through.

She is Allah's gift to me. She is Allah's blessing upon me. I will not spoil it by marrying her without having her parents consent. 

Inshallah if Allah wills I will be among the patient ones on the Day of Judgement. 

Also yeah ofcourse :) I will not mention it to her parents about that or anything ~ thank you for your feedback otherwise ^__^

Ok well good luck inshallah I hope it works out for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, P. Ease said:

Correct me if I'm wrong.. but all our imams (as) had a non-sayyed mother. Right?

:salam:

Yes, however all zealous pro syed weekend will use the story of Imam Musa al Kazhim's (as) daughters who remained unmarried because no syed was around at that time...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salaam brother @SeekingEnlightment,

From a fiqh perspective, you have to bear in mind that the girl can't marry without her guardian's permission so you definitely have the right approach in making sure you have her parents permission and blessings. Kudos to you my brother.

Also from a fiqh perspective, sunni-shia marriages are permissible as long as there is no chance of the shia person in the marriage from going astray...meaning leaving the path of the Prophet and his AhlulBayt.

From my personal perspective, I am against inter-faith marriages as only one of two things happens. Either the children follow the faith of the mother OR they end up not following any faith at all. We can delve into a much more detailed discussion about it at a later time if desired.

The issue of Syed is probably irrelevant to this discussion as most parents would have a problem with a "non-shia" as being the primary issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

Salaam brother @SeekingEnlightment,

From a fiqh perspective, you have to bear in mind that the girl can't marry without her guardian's permission so you definitely have the right approach in making sure you have her parents permission and blessings. Kudos to you my brother.

Also from a fiqh perspective, sunni-shia marriages are permissible as long as there is no chance of the shia person in the marriage from going astray...meaning leaving the path of the Prophet and his AhlulBayt.

From my personal perspective, I am against inter-faith marriages as only one of two things happens. Either the children follow the faith of the mother OR they end up not following any faith at all. We can delve into a much more detailed discussion about it at a later time if desired.

The issue of Syed is probably irrelevant to this discussion as most parents would have a problem with a "non-shia" as being the primary issue.

Walaikumasalam :))

I have no idea what this 'ahlulbayt' is and i fail to see how she will leave its path ~ 

Also what you say is true. Even if I give her the Religious freedom it will be hard and there will be tensions between families and a lot of complicacies but I am sure that Allah will help us go through with it inshallah :))

Non-shia? Hmmm alright. I didnt think that that would be much of a problem as in bigger than her being sayyed and me not because the community we live in Pakistan. There are much more Sunnis than Shias so I had a feeling that maybe her parents would have maybe considered the possibility of her eventually marrying a sunni guy? even remotely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SeekingEnlightment said:

Walaikumasalam :))

I have no idea what this 'ahlulbayt' is and i fail to see how she will leave its path ~ 

AhlulBayt = The Family of the Prophet.

10 minutes ago, SeekingEnlightment said:

Also what you say is true. Even if I give her the Religious freedom it will be hard and there will be tensions between families and a lot of complicacies but I am sure that Allah will help us go through with it inshallah :))

See that's the thing brother. In your mind, you are 'giving' her religious freedom. She already has this freedom in her house so you wont be giving her anything. However, if you stop her from practicing Islam as a shia, then you will be "taking away" her religious freedom. While this may seem like a simple play of words, it is much, much deeper than that.

13 minutes ago, SeekingEnlightment said:

Non-shia? Hmmm alright. I didnt think that that would be much of a problem as in bigger than her being sayyed and me not because the community we live in Pakistan. There are much more Sunnis than Shias so I had a feeling that maybe her parents would have maybe considered the possibility of her eventually marrying a sunni guy? even remotely?

wait so you are saying that her parents would be okay with their daughter marrying a Sunni-Syed than a Shia-NonSyed??? 

If they are anywhere close to be a good shia family, I would imagine their preference would be shia over anything else including Syedness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

AhlulBayt = The Family of the Prophet.

See that's the thing brother. In your mind, you are 'giving' her religious freedom. She already has this freedom in her house so you wont be giving her anything. However, if you stop her from practicing Islam as a shia, then you will be "taking away" her religious freedom. While this may seem like a simple play of words, it is much, much deeper than that.

wait so you are saying that her parents would be okay with their daughter marrying a Sunni-Syed than a Shia-NonSyed??? 

If they are anywhere close to be a good shia family, I would imagine their preference would be shia over anything else including Syedness.

Kindly, understand or atleast read everything before writing as it helps avoid repetition . Yes I am GIVING her religious freedom. How else would you want me to phrase it? I honestly dont know xD I apologize if it offended anyone :))  Allowing her to practice her faith? Letting her? Its a simple give and take. Since we come from different backgrouds. She is GIVING me religious freedom just as I am GIVING her religious freedom. Yes, its true she still had that at her home and i wont technically be giving her anything 'new' but the fact remains that she will be living with me later on in her life. We will have a new home. We will both allow each other to practice our faiths. Happy now? :)) After marriage a new life starts at a new home ~ its simply mutual really ~

Also no I didnt say that. I meant that since there are many more Sunnis here than Shias maybe her parents MIGHT have considered the possibility that they may have to wed their daughter to a Sunni person. :))

Also thats maybe a tad bit offensive 'anywhere close to be a good shia family' especially coming from a person who is talking about the importance of words ~~

Thank you for your correspondence however :)) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

If they are anywhere close to be a good shia family, I would imagine their preference would be shia over anything else including Syedness.

Especially since its based on mere opinions from what I gather with no reference quoted <<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salm,

for a  Shia man it's allowed to mary a Sunni woman, but for a Shia women to mary a Sunni man  isn't allowed.

The girl has to ask her marja if it's allowed for her or not.

Wa Salam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SeekingEnlightment said:

Kindly, understand or atleast read everything before writing as it helps avoid repetition . Yes I am GIVING her religious freedom. How else would you want me to phrase it? I honestly dont know xD I apologize if it offended anyone :))  Allowing her to practice her faith? Letting her? Its a simple give and take. Since we come from different backgrouds. She is GIVING me religious freedom just as I am GIVING her religious freedom. Yes, its true she still had that at her home and i wont technically be giving her anything 'new' but the fact remains that she will be living with me later on in her life. We will have a new home. We will both allow each other to practice our faiths. Happy now? :)) After marriage a new life starts at a new home ~ its simply mutual really ~

Brother - religious freedom is given by Allah already so it is not for us to give'n'take.

I know what you mean when you say, "I will allow her". That is why I specifically mentioned that this may seem like a simple play of words but there are fundamental ideological differences between shia and sunni and they creep up on you. From my experience, it is never 1 major issue but a bunch of small and at times trivial issues that become a monster and turn into irreconcilable differences.

Will your children go to shia madressah or sunni madressah? You dont have to answer but ponder over these issues.

 

2 hours ago, SeekingEnlightment said:

Also no I didnt say that. I meant that since there are many more Sunnis here than Shias maybe her parents MIGHT have considered the possibility that they may have to wed their daughter to a Sunni person. :))

Also thats maybe a tad bit offensive 'anywhere close to be a good shia family' especially coming from a person who is talking about the importance of words ~~

Thank you for your correspondence however :)) 

Brother - I am sorry if I offended you but was inferring on the hypothetical situation that the family would choose a Sunni-Syed over a Shia-NonSyed. By "good" I mean that one that practices shia Islam the right way; I didn't mean good as in decent. I am sure they are very decent people and all indications are that you are as well.

Coming from a Syed family myself, we always choose good shia (salah, sawn, azadari, etc) over a Syed who doesnt follow the basic tenets of Islam.

I really think your main issue will be the sunni-shia thing as opposed to Syed-NonSyed thing. If its the former, then you are covered well from a fiqh perspective. If its the latter, then I am not sure what you can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shiaman14 said:

Brother - religious freedom is given by Allah already so it is not for us to give'n'take.

I know what you mean when you say, "I will allow her". That is why I specifically mentioned that this may seem like a simple play of words but there are fundamental ideological differences between shia and sunni and they creep up on you. From my experience, it is never 1 major issue but a bunch of small and at times trivial issues that become a monster and turn into irreconcilable differences.

Will your children go to shia madressah or sunni madressah? You dont have to answer but ponder over these issues.

Brother - I am sorry if I offended you but was inferring on the hypothetical situation that the family would choose a Sunni-Syed over a Shia-NonSyed. By "good" I mean that one that practices shia Islam the right way; I didn't mean good as in decent. I am sure they are very decent people and all indications are that you are as well.

Coming from a Syed family myself, we always choose good shia (salah, sawn, azadari, etc) over a Syed who doesnt follow the basic tenets of Islam.

I really think your main issue will be the sunni-shia thing as opposed to Syed-NonSyed thing. If its the former, then you are covered well from a fiqh perspective. If its the latter, then I am not sure what you can do.

I understand what you meant now ~ Still Allah tells us to give religious freedom to everyone but ultimately the choice is ours. 

Ideological differences? ~ I think I mentioned it concisely before maybe indirectly that inshallah Allah will help us go through that phase too.

Brother, the thing me and this girl have is much deeper than that which I have explained up there ^ I will just highlight some of the stuff so that you may understand.

This girl; she is very independent, mature and understanding. Both of us know our differences well. When I say Allah 'chose' her for me. I really meant it. Our relationship with Allah is also much deeper than that. I read that Shia people believe in prophecies. Honestly, I dont know much about Shias or Sunnis. This girl introduced me to a way we both got guidance from Allah. I have absolute trust in her. I will let her do everything the way she wishes and will merely give suggestions. I also know that she will never let me give her total freedom or if I do she will constantly ask me for suggestions. The way our children are brought up will be upto both of us and like I said we both are mature enough to find a mutual way. Again though no matter what happens, I will never let this become an issue if I can instead be patient and let her raise them the way she wants them too ~~ I hope that clears up some stuff for you ~

Also, when the time comes, both of us will 'ponder' over this together. For now, I know for a fact that this girl here is my future and priority right now. Inshallah Allah will help us pass through any tests we face later on ~

Also no I am not offended :)) thank you for your concern though ~~ I also understand what you were trying to say :)) just maybe it was left a bit unexplained before ~~

Also, I see what you mean now and am really grateful that you cleared that one bit out and am honestly a bit relived that its allowed accourding to this 'fiqh' perspective. I also dont know what 'fiqh' means though :3 ~~

Again, thank you very much for your feedback ~~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Agit62 said:

Salm,

for a  Shia man it's allowed to mary a Sunni woman, but for a Shia women to mary a Sunni man  isn't allowed.

The girl has to ask her marja if it's allowed for her or not.

Wa Salam

Whats 'marja' ???? And most of the people said its allowed ^ even though there are complicalities ~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SeekingEnlightment said:

Whats 'marja' ????

Quote

I have no idea what this 'ahlulbayt'

Why don't you read and learn about the shia islam first instead of making claims about allowing her 'total freedom' without even having the knowledge of basics of shia islam? or after marriage you would be asking questions like

'What is Tabarra?'

'What is khums, why are you giving away all that money?'

'Why won't you eat the crab dish I ordered, it's the most expensive thing on the menu!??! everything in the ocean is halal!!!!!!' 

'What do you mean you want to do taqqiyah? isn't that lying?

' Your feet don't look wet, are you sure you remembered to do wudhu?' 

Edited by starlight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, starlight said:

Why don't you read and learn about the shia islam first instead of making claims about allowing her 'total freedom' without even having the knowledge of basics of shia islam? or after marriage you would be asking questions like

'What is Tabarra?'

'What is khums, why are you giving away all that money?'

'Why won't you eat the crab dish I ordered, it's the most expensive thing on the menu!??! everything in the ocean is halal!!!!!!' 

'What do you mean you want to do taqqiyah? isn't that lying?

' Your feet don't look wet, are you sure you remembered to do wudhu?' 

huh? I actually didnt get most of it ~ I also currently dont have enough time to do that big of a research on shia Islam ~ Also yeah I can claim that I will allow her 'total freedom' -_- for that I think I have more than enough knowledge about shia Islam.

Also I already mentioned above ^ that I everything will go her way and I trust her completely. I will not repeat it again.

Also like AGAIN I mentioned before ~ Minor things like her not having her feet wet or her not eating seafood. You may find it annoying but I personally dont. -_- so instead of judging someone's character beforehand try to READ and understand before assuming and hitting on someone.

Thank you very much for your suggestion otherwise :))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, starlight said:

Why don't you read and learn about the shia islam first instead of making claims about allowing her 'total freedom' without even having the knowledge of basics of shia islam? or after marriage you would be asking questions like

'What is Tabarra?'

'What is khums, why are you giving away all that money?'

'Why won't you eat the crab dish I ordered, it's the most expensive thing on the menu!??! everything in the ocean is halal!!!!!!' 

'What do you mean you want to do taqqiyah? isn't that lying?

' Your feet don't look wet, are you sure you remembered to do wudhu?' 

If im totally honest with you all that you wrote ^ XD It kinda sounds funny that I will complain about such minor stuff :3 Its laughable enough for me really ~ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SeekingEnlightment said:

Also like AGAIN I mentioned before ~ Minor things like her not having her feet wet or her not eating seafood. You may find it annoying but I personally dont. -_- so instead of judging someone's character beforehand try to READ

That's my point. These are not minor annoyances... 

Wet feet --> no/imporper wiping of feet in wudhu --> no wudhu

No wudhu --> no namaz

Fish with no scales is not halal to eat.

eating crab /lobster = eating haram.

Go ahead, don't let me bother you with these little nuances like no namaz and eating haram. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, starlight said:

That's my point. These are not minor annoyances... 

Wet feet --> no/imporper wiping of feet in wudhu --> no wudhu

No wudhu --> no namaz

Fish with no scales is not halal to eat.

eating crab /lobster = eating haram.

Go ahead, don't let me bother you with these little nuances like no namaz and eating haram. 

Hmm? If she doesnt want to eat anything she wont. I dont get you.

Let me just make it easier for you. If she wants to give away every single thing I have I will not utter one word of complaint. ~~ so the rest of that stuff ^ becomes minor ~ if its haram dont eat. :)) Im sorry if I offended you. I still dont quite understand you ^

But my point is that yes i dont know the 'basics' of shia Islam. But I trust her. And i know whatever she do she will do it right according to what she believes in. If i have to change myself to adapt to her I will change. If she wants to do anything I will let her. She can teach me if I dont know about and if she feels uncomfortable with something I can change though all of this ^ 

This is between me and her and was not the initial intended discussion of this post. ~ still fruitful in its way i guess ~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2017 at 5:03 PM, SeekingEnlightment said:

If you ask her what she is though she will simple state 'I am a Muslim.' She quotes this Shia scholar who says that 'Its better to donate blood than spill it on the streets.' So she is against that..thing so that was my only fear ever.

Still things like Mutah. That are banned in one of our faiths. I will never allow that. Not to my daughter if Allah inshallah blesses me with one.

Actually you have quoted two diff b/w shia and sunni ...and from your above mentioned post it is clear you will follow your side ...
after marriage you will find many other differences and you wont like them as well and shia wont like to leave those things ....and in the end your side might be dominant

this is not RELIGIOUS FREEDOM man

On 6/12/2017 at 11:27 PM, SeekingEnlightment said:

Walaikumasalam :))

I have no idea what this 'ahlulbayt' is and i fail to see how she will leave its path ~ 

The basic belief or quality of  shia is love for Ahlubayt (ASW) and Hate for there enimies 
but dont even know about Ahlubyt ASW and still talking about Religious freedom
  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one thins more 
enjoin good and forbid wrong is also a part of out Froh e Din
as you have accepted you were wrong she tried to tell you the right way
and you are in a day dreaming that Allah has chosen her for you

are you sure she also wanted to marry you ? have same feelings etc or she just wanted to help in bad times and trying to guide you the right way 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2017 at 11:27 PM, SeekingEnlightment said:

Non-shia? Hmmm alright. I didnt think that that would be much of a problem as in bigger than her being sayyed and me not because the community we live in Pakistan. There are much more Sunnis than Shias so I had a feeling that maybe her parents would have maybe considered the possibility of her eventually marrying a sunni guy? even remotely?

I am also from pak and I know we are in minority here but that does not mean we are handful in number and unable to find shia for marriage or shia parent of daughters are in worry to find a shia guy so they are thinking of non-shia or sunnis to marry there  daughters...dont be disrespectful 
 
You can see no of shias come out  in street on 10 Muharram...
you must know how much economy of pakistan risen through tabaruk/Niyaz in Muharam
now you should not say we are this much low in numbers..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...