Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali-F

Permissible to work in Mc Donalds?

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

This should answer you questions.

Jazzak'Allah khayr al'jazza.

As I understand this, it says as follows:

(Q.11) Is it permissible for a Muslim to cook unslaughtered meat, noting that he has nothing to do with selling or serving it? What is the ruling on serving najis (un-slaughtered) food or delivering it to non-Muslims? Is there a difference between pig meat and other kinds of meat?
There is no objection to cooking unslaughtered meat or serving it to those who believe that consuming it be lawful (according to their doctrines). 

As I understand this, it is indeed allowed. However, is it the same with pork? 

2 minutes ago, Ali-F said:

As I understand this, it is indeed allowed. However, is it the same with pork? 

Question: Is it permissible to work in a store or company that sells pork?

Answer: If you not carrying, selling or delivering pork to customers, there would be no objection to your job.

From this, it seems to me that preparing pork is not allowed. However, his other fatwas are not clear regarding pork.

I suppose, it is all good as long as you avoid preparing pork.

3 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Question: Is it permissible to work in a store or company that sells pork?

Answer: If you not carrying, selling or delivering pork to customers, there would be no objection to your job.

From this, it seems to me that preparing pork is not allowed. However, his other fatwas are not clear regarding pork.

I suppose, it is all good as long as you avoid preparing pork.

Hm.. I don't understand it the same way you do, dear brother.

Apparently, dealing with customers is not allowed, meaning that I can't give the customer pork e.t.c. In this case, I'm preparing pork, which I don't give to the customer. The cashier does. 

Allah knows best, it is quite unclear. 

1 hour ago, Ali-F said:

I know a person working there, getting a job would be quite easy I think.

ask Allah for him it is easy to make you work anywhere you want.

mcdonalds is a slavery machine that pays minimum wage while making heaps of gold on synthetic food that is killing people. I hope I did a good job of describing this evil place.

19 minutes ago, kirtc said:

ask Allah for him it is easy to make you work anywhere you want.

mcdonalds is a slavery machine that pays minimum wage while making heaps of gold on synthetic food that is killing people. I hope I did a good job of describing this evil place.

No, you didn't. 

In my country (in Europe), Mc Donalds is actually a very decent place to work as a young student/young person. It gives you a good wage. It is not an "evil place". 

9 minutes ago, Ali-F said:

No, you didn't. 

In my country (in Europe), Mc Donalds is actually a very decent place to work as a young student/young person. It gives you a good wage. It is not an "evil place". 

do as you wish.. im sure you will have a great career and learn alot about trade and business in mcdonalds.

Edited by kirtc

On 2017-6-10 at 11:07 AM, Ali-F said:

If I prepare the food (pork and non-Halal meat) in Mc Donalds, meaning that I'm not a cashier, is it allowed according to Sayed al-Sistani (h.a)?

I thank you. 

Its permissible provided that you dont eat any of the food given the fact that they use the same grease for the meat to cook everything else. 

6 hours ago, ShiaBrother12 said:

Its permissible provided that you dont eat any of the food given the fact that they use the same grease for the meat to cook everything else. 

Source?

On 6/10/2017 at 8:07 AM, Ali-F said:

If I prepare the food (pork and non-Halal meat) in Mc Donalds, meaning that I'm not a cashier, is it allowed according to Sayed al-Sistani (h.a)?

I thank you. 

according to him its not permissible but you have to understand he lives in Iraq and maybe some of his rulings are directed towards people that live there and maybe he doesn't know what its like to live in the west

On 6/12/2017 at 9:17 PM, Muhajir said:

according to him its not permissible but you have to understand he lives in Iraq and maybe some of his rulings are directed towards people that live there and maybe he doesn't know what its like to live in the west

In the following video, a description of the meticulous attention paid by Sayyid Sistani (may Allah the Exalted lengthen his life) and his office to understand the affairs around the world, especially when it comes to the believers. So living in Iraq doesn't necessary prevent him from giving fatawa that are relevant to those doing his taqleed regardless of location.

On 6/13/2017 at 3:21 AM, ahmedhen said:

In the following video, a description of the meticulous attention paid by Sayyid Sistani (may Allah the Exalted lengthen his life) and his office to understand the affairs around the world, especially when it comes to the believers. So living in Iraq doesn't necessary prevent him from giving fatawa that are relevant to those doing his taqleed regardless of location.

I disagree because I guarantee you that if he lived here his rulings would be different with no disrespect to him, I love him he is one of the major ulama but ya I disagree with what you said and I think its better to ask your local scholars who live in the west for rulings

16 hours ago, Muhajir said:

I disagree because I guarantee you that if he lived here his rulings would be different with no disrespect to him, I love him he is one of the major ulama but ya I disagree with what you said and I think its better to ask your local scholars who live in the west for rulings

Yeah i gotta agree. Theres no way he can make rulings based on the west. It comes down merely to the fact that some of his rulings would be impossible to follow in the west.