Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Recommended Posts

  • Veteran Member

"Scientists should not be afraid to investigate spirituality and spiritual experiences since they represent a central aspect of human existence"

But....how. Isn't science based on empirical evidence based research.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
1 hour ago, P. Ease said:

"Scientists should not be afraid to investigate spirituality and spiritual experiences since they represent a central aspect of human existence"

But....how. Isn't science based on empirical evidence based research.

Empirical evidence doesn't only emerge from physical or material things. 

Paranormal scientists perform scientific studies, too. Consciousness and/or mind are not necessarily made of matter, but they can be studied, empirically. And they have been. 

Many people may hold your view, but that's precisely the concern. Materialism has such a stronghold on our minds that we can't even imagine a non-materialistic science. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Administrators
8 minutes ago, SoRoUsH said:

Paranormal scientists perform scientific studies, too. Consciousness and/or mind are not necessarily made of matter, but they can be studied, empirically. And they have been. 

Do you have any examples of this? I'm curious. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
12 minutes ago, Reza said:

Do you have any examples of this? I'm curious. 

Here's the list of scientists, who prepared this manifesto: 

 
You can search and find their works. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member

From the article:

15.

According to the post-materialist paradigm:

a.

Mind represents an aspect of reality as primordial as the physical world. Mind is fundamental in the universe, i.e., it cannot be derived from matter and reduced to anything more basic.

b.

There is a deep interconnectedness between mind and the physical world.

c.

Mind (will/intention) can influence the state of the physical world and operate in a nonlocal (or extended) fashion, i.e., it is not confined to specific points in space, such as brains and bodies, or to specific points in time, such as the present. Since the mind may nonlocally influence the physical world, the intentions, emotions, and desires of an experimenter may not be completely isolated from experimental outcomes, even in controlled and blinded experimental designs.

d.

Minds are apparently unbounded and may unite in ways suggesting a unitary One Mind that includes all individual, single minds.

e.

NDEs in cardiac arrest suggest that the brain acts as a transceiver of mental activity, i.e., the mind can work through the brain but is not produced by it. NDEs occurring in cardiac arrest, coupled with evidence from research mediums, further suggest the survival of consciousness, following bodily death, and the existence of other levels of reality that are non-physical.

f.

Scientists should not be afraid to investigate spirituality and spiritual experiences since they represent a central aspect of human existence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
23 hours ago, SoRoUsH said:

From the article:

15.

According to the post-materialist paradigm:

a.

Mind represents an aspect of reality as primordial as the physical world. Mind is fundamental in the universe, i.e., it cannot be derived from matter and reduced to anything more basic.

b.

There is a deep interconnectedness between mind and the physical world.

c.

Mind (will/intention) can influence the state of the physical world and operate in a nonlocal (or extended) fashion, i.e., it is not confined to specific points in space, such as brains and bodies, or to specific points in time, such as the present. Since the mind may nonlocally influence the physical world, the intentions, emotions, and desires of an experimenter may not be completely isolated from experimental outcomes, even in controlled and blinded experimental designs.

d.

Minds are apparently unbounded and may unite in ways suggesting a unitary One Mind that includes all individual, single minds.

e.

NDEs in cardiac arrest suggest that the brain acts as a transceiver of mental activity, i.e., the mind can work through the brain but is not produced by it. NDEs occurring in cardiac arrest, coupled with evidence from research mediums, further suggest the survival of consciousness, following bodily death, and the existence of other levels of reality that are non-physical.

f.

Scientists should not be afraid to investigate spirituality and spiritual experiences since they represent a central aspect of human existence.

Sounds like some weird hippy stuff

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
2 hours ago, iCambrian said:

How do you know?

Because:

1) the scientists who've prepared this document have PhD from reputable universities. 

2) Some of them currently work at reputable universities. 

3) They have published in reputable journals.

4) I've read Mario Beauregard's Spiritual Brain, and there was nothing hippy about it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
4 hours ago, SoRoUsH said:

Because:

1) the scientists who've prepared this document have PhD from reputable universities. 

2) Some of them currently work at reputable universities. 

3) They have published in reputable journals.

4) I've read Mario Beauregard's Spiritual Brain, and there was nothing hippy about it. 

Scientists can be hippies. To each their own I suppose 

Edited by iCambrian
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...