Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Tryingtolearn

Qurans violent verse?

Rate this topic

Salam this is the sites words not line can someone explain is this true?

Quran

Quran (4:89) - "They wish that you should reject faith as they reject faith, and then you would be equal; therefore take not to yourselves friends of them, until they emigrate in the way of God; then, if they turn their backs, take them, and slay them wherever you find them; take not to yourselves any one of them as friend or helper."  Verse 4:65 says that those who have faith are in "full submission" to Muhammad's teachings.  This verse explains what should happen to Muslims who do not have faith. 

Quran (9:11-12) - "But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then are they your brethren in religion. We detail Our revelations for a people who have knowledge. And if they break their pledges after their treaty (hath been made with you) and assail your religion, then fight the heads of disbelief - Lo! they have no binding oaths - in order that they may desist."

Other verses that seem to support the many Hadith that establish the death sentence for apostates are Quran verses 2:2179:73-7488:215:549:66.

Wa aleykum assalam,

InshaAllah one of the brothers or sisters will give you a reply.

But I would like to advise you on a general note. If you wish to learn about a subject, keep an open mind and be objective; regardless of what subject that might be.

For example, the links you have provided goes to a site that is clearly not objective and is very hateful. You will never get a truthful answer from someone who lives on hate and breathes hate.

The holy Qur'an is not a simple text book which you can read and comprehend without having to further dwell into it, each surah, each ayah and the context in which it was revealed. Every time I read the holy Qur'an i learn something new about ayahs i have read several times before.

You are trying to find the true religion and that is admirable, if you are sincere in your search, ask Allah swt to guide you to whatever religion is the truth and be steadfast on your sincerity and dont deny truth when you find it for the fear of what people might think of you, fear what Allah might think of you if He blesses you with guidance and faith and you would decline it for the fear of men.

I wish you all the best and I will make duas for you iA.

4 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Wa aleykum assalam,

InshaAllah one of the brothers or sisters will give you a reply.

But I would like to advise you on a general note. If you wish to learn about a subject, keep an open mind and be objective; regardless of what subject that might be.

For example, the links you have provided goes to a site that is clearly not objective and is very hateful. You will never get a truthful answer from someone who lives on hate and breathes hate.

The holy Qur'an is not a simple text book which you can read and comprehend without having to further dwell into it, each surah, each ayah and the context in which it was revealed. Every time I read the holy Qur'an i learn something new about ayahs i have read several times before.

You are trying to find the true religion and that is admirable, if you are sincere in your search, ask Allah swt to guide you to whatever religion is the truth and be steadfast on your sincerity and dont deny truth when you find it for the fear of what people might think of you, fear what Allah might think of you if He blesses you with guidance and faith and you would decline it for the fear of men.

I wish you all the best and I will make duas for you iA.

Thank u brother

2 minutes ago, Muhammed Ali said:

Did you read the verse after it, and even the one before it?

No should I like read the ones before and after so that I don't get tricked. Aha ok thanks

2 hours ago, Tryingtolearn said:

No should I like read the ones before and after so that I don't get tricked. Aha ok thanks

Honestly, I advise that you read the chapters they are in from beginning to end, it would dispel that entire notion of this punishment you're talking about.  Context is a beautiful thing to keep in perspective.

There are a few passages (I'll let you find them :))  that say you cannot take a part of the quran and ignore the other, the whole of it is critical as opposed to a part of it.

3 hours ago, Tryingtolearn said:

No should I like read the ones before and after so that I don't get tricked. 

What do you do when you pick up a newspaper and find something which you find disturbing?

Don't you go back to the beginning and read the full story to try and understand what it is all about?

Why treat the Quran  any differently?

That is the least you should do though in some cases, you may need to go further and read the tafseer as well.