Sabir Hussein

Raising Money to Build a Water Well

Salaam Alaikum, 

Weʼre raising £710 to Build a water well in either Afghanistan, Gambia, Kashmir, Mali, Niger, Pakistan, Senegal or Sri Lanka.

Sadaqatul jariyah is ongoing charity (continuous rewards) received by us (for good actions and deeds), that will not only benefit us in this life, but will continue to benefit us after our death. InshaAllah. 

Access to clean water can transform the lives of entire communities. 

The gift of a Dig-a-Well can provide access to clean water for drinking, washing and cooking, as well as keeping livestock hydrated.

The wells draw water from up to 40 metres beneath the ground making them dependable during all seasons.

Your Dig-a-Well will be situated in a communal place such as a village centre, school or mosque.

The gift of a Dig-a-Well can serve up to 200 people each day.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/sabirhussein

Your reward lays with Allah swt

Are local people trained in maintenance of the wells and pumps? What is the life expectancy and the actual lifespan of some completed projects? Who or what company does the actual work of well building? 

I'm interested in this project but can't contribute without more information. Does your organization have a website besides the crowdfunding page?

58 minutes ago, notme said:

Are local people trained in maintenance of the wells and pumps? What is the life expectancy and the actual lifespan of some completed projects? Who or what company does the actual work of well building? 

I'm interested in this project but can't contribute without more information. Does your organization have a website besides the crowdfunding page?

Salaam brother I will be donating through https://muslimhands.org.uk/donate/water/dig-a-well

just giving will take a percentage that's why it is a bit higher on the page 

i called them today and they said it will last minimum 10 years and will provide for 200 people/35 families daily. 

Please please can you help me reach the target? 

1 hour ago, notme said:

I was going to do it through the zahra trust but it's £1500 with them i thought £700 would be more realistic. InshaAllah if you can help me in promoting this how can i get people to help? Thank you

17 hours ago, notme said:

I understand you're busy brother are there any other moderators that can spare some time for this cause? I'd highly appreciate it

Imam al-Sadiq (AS) said, 'Six things benefit a person after he passes away: a child who seeks forgiveness for him, a copy of the Qur'an which he leaves behind, a plant that he planted, water that he donated in charity, a well that he had dug, and a tradition that others take from him and [practise] after him.' [al-Faqih, v. ۱, p. ۱۸۵, no. ۵۵۵]

Good News! The project received the money it needed. 

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/sabirhussein

Weʼve raised £1,169 to Build 2 water wells in either Afghanistan, Gambia, Kashmir, Mali, Niger, Pakistan, Senegal or Sri Lanka. Extra funds will go to water pumps. Funded on Saturday, 8th July 2017