Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Ramadan in Europe

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Assalamu aleykum and ramadan mubarak. 

I have a question regarding ramadan in Europe. Now, most muslims here have started fasting on Saturday (today) and believe its the first day of the Month of Ramadan. But Sistani says that Ramadan will start on Sunday, as he didnt see the moon last night.

Now my question is: If the moon could be seen in Europe last night, would ramadan have started today and therefore Sistani's opinion be invalid?

Bear in mind i have been fasting today, until i can be sure when ramadan would actually start

• Advanced Member
59 minutes ago, KingKong5200 said:

Assalamu aleykum and ramadan mubarak. 

I have a question regarding ramadan in Europe. Now, most muslims here have started fasting on Saturday (today) and believe its the first day of the Month of Ramadan. But Sistani says that Ramadan will start on Sunday, as he didnt see the moon last night.

Now my question is: If the moon could be seen in Europe last night, would ramadan have started today and therefore Sistani's opinion be invalid?

Bear in mind i have been fasting today, until i can be sure when ramadan would actually start

Alaikum Salam,

Sistani followers such as myself can fast today with the intention of 'Mustahab end of Shaban fast' and if later it is realised that today was the first day then the Mustahab fast covers your Wajib, meaning you won't have to miss a day nor repeat it. 

Eltemase dua.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Hijab al-Zahra said:

Alaikum Salam,

Sistani followers such as myself can fast today with the intention of 'Mustahab end of Shaban fast' and if later it is realised that today was the first day then the Mustahab fast covers your Wajib, meaning you won't have to miss a day nor repeat it. 

Eltemase dua.

Thank u for your answer sister. It is truly beneficial :)

Though i still need answer as to the sightings in Europe and so on.