Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mara

Doubts about haram food and alcohol

Rate this topic

Guest Mara

Salam.

First of all I apologize for my bad english.

I'm writing this post because I don't know what else to do.

Yesterday muslim friends invited me and my family to their house for dinner. 

I take every precaution I can to avoid eating or drinking something that may contain alcohol. Someone served me food in a plate where there were traces of vinegar (and I knew it), but I don't know if this vinegar has alcohol in it, as many vinegars has today. When this person gave me the plate, I thought I shouldn't eat it because I didn't know if the vinegar has alcohol, but anyways I ended eating the food.

I know vinegar is halal, but I've read that some vinegar has traces of alcohol (even extra alcohol added) in it and this types of vinegar are haram. Now I'm feeling very very very guilty, I feel like I shouldn't eat that because I wasn't sure about the alcohol. If I ate any tiny amount of alcohol my prayers and duas won't be accepted for 40 days.

I feel very sad because tomorrow begins the month Ramadan, and I've been waiting for laylatul qadr for many weeks mostly because I have a very special request that I wanted to do dua for. The month of Ramadan is the month where prayers and duas are accepted, and now my prayers won't be accepted.

I don't know what to do, I was waiting for this month and now I ruined it just few days before it begins. I want to know if I commited any sin, and if I didn't, how can I get rid off this thoughts? I really want to do my personal prayers and duas in this blessed month and I want them to be accepted, but I ruined it.

1) I did not eat anything with vinegar to be sure I don't let any alcohol enter my body, but the plate where my food was served had traces of it. In case the vinegar had extra alcohol in it, did I commit a sin because I did not investigate before eating from the plate? The reason I feel guilty is because it was not fully unintentionally. Before eating I thought it could have alcohol and should not eat from that plate, but I did not care because lately I'm being very obsessed about every food.

2) If one doubts if the food has alcohol and still eats it, the rule of 40 days still applies? I wan't to know if my prayers won't be accepted in Ramadan because of what I did yesterday :(

I'm sorry for the long post and for repeating the same thing over and over, but I feel very sad and disappointed with myself.

Please, if someone can help I would appreciate it so so so much. I know my post may be silly, but this all thing about the food is driving me crazy. I try to avoid even chocolates, cakes and any dessert because they have vanilla in it and I don't know if the vanilla they use has alcohol in it. I reached the stage where I avoid even the bread because I think brewer's yeast is haram and I'm not sure if they use baker's yeast or brewer's yeast to make the bread.

4 hours ago, Guest Mara said:

Salam.

First of all I apologize for my bad english.

I'm writing this post because I don't know what else to do.

Yesterday muslim friends invited me and my family to their house for dinner. 

I take every precaution I can to avoid eating or drinking something that may contain alcohol. Someone served me food in a plate where there were traces of vinegar (and I knew it), but I don't know if this vinegar has alcohol in it, as many vinegars has today. When this person gave me the plate, I thought I shouldn't eat it because I didn't know if the vinegar has alcohol, but anyways I ended eating the food.

I know vinegar is halal, but I've read that some vinegar has traces of alcohol (even extra alcohol added) in it and this types of vinegar are haram. Now I'm feeling very very very guilty, I feel like I shouldn't eat that because I wasn't sure about the alcohol. If I ate any tiny amount of alcohol my prayers and duas won't be accepted for 40 days.

I feel very sad because tomorrow begins the month Ramadan, and I've been waiting for laylatul qadr for many weeks mostly because I have a very special request that I wanted to do dua for. The month of Ramadan is the month where prayers and duas are accepted, and now my prayers won't be accepted.

I don't know what to do, I was waiting for this month and now I ruined it just few days before it begins. I want to know if I commited any sin, and if I didn't, how can I get rid off this thoughts? I really want to do my personal prayers and duas in this blessed month and I want them to be accepted, but I ruined it.

1) I did not eat anything with vinegar to be sure I don't let any alcohol enter my body, but the plate where my food was served had traces of it. In case the vinegar had extra alcohol in it, did I commit a sin because I did not investigate before eating from the plate? The reason I feel guilty is because it was not fully unintentionally. Before eating I thought it could have alcohol and should not eat from that plate, but I did not care because lately I'm being very obsessed about every food.

2) If one doubts if the food has alcohol and still eats it, the rule of 40 days still applies? I wan't to know if my prayers won't be accepted in Ramadan because of what I did yesterday :(

I'm sorry for the long post and for repeating the same thing over and over, but I feel very sad and disappointed with myself.

Please, if someone can help I would appreciate it so so so much. I know my post may be silly, but this all thing about the food is driving me crazy. I try to avoid even chocolates, cakes and any dessert because they have vanilla in it and I don't know if the vanilla they use has alcohol in it. I reached the stage where I avoid even the bread because I think brewer's yeast is haram and I'm not sure if they use baker's yeast or brewer's yeast to make the bread.

one, it was doubtful and you weren't sure two, you were in a tough situation and it was a lesser of the two evils. Because it was not your intention to consume such foods I believe you have nothing to worry about.

Firstly, as a sign of a believer is when you do something you should not have done, it feels like bricks been thrown at you.

Secondly, I do not recommend you to sit around a table where haram is being consumed, for you might end up having a sip of it.

Thirdly, you are showing regrets, and there are 4 things you have to do, before you can be forgiven.

1. Promise yourself to never do it again

2. Istagrif.

3. REGRET

4. Make up for your deed (or maybe there was something else, which I do not remember...)

But even if your prayer is/isn't accepted, still. Go for it and show Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì that you REALLY regret it.