Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Did Neanderthals Exist before Hazrat Adam? (a.s)

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
Quran
[2:30]

And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, "Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority." They said, "Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?" Allah said, "Indeed, I know that which you do not know."

These life forces that " cause corruption therein and sheds blood ", who are they? The angels were worried about them being in authority of the Earth. Allah swt said He knows what they don't know. He meant sending down Hazrat Adam and Hazrat Hawaa (a.s). This comes to the easy conclusion there was living intelligent life on Earth before Adam and Hawaa (a.s).

Who were these mischief causers? These killing, ruthless beings the Quran speaks of?

• Veteran Member
29 minutes ago, Hussaini624 said:
Quran

And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, "Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority." They said, "Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?" Allah said, "Indeed, I know that which you do not know."

These life forces that " cause corruption therein and sheds blood ", who are they? The angels were worried about them being in authority of the Earth. Allah swt said He knows what they don't know. He meant sending down Hazrat Adam and Hazrat Hawaa (a.s). This comes to the easy conclusion there was living intelligent life on Earth before Adam and Hawaa (a.s).

Who were these mischief causers? These killing, ruthless beings the Quran speaks of?

I think you are misinterpreting it. Paraphrasing and using everday language to make it easier to understand not meaning disrespect

Allah says I am sending to earth an authority (does successive mean it will take over from something else)

The Angels say but what you are sending down will cause bloodshed and corruption etc. Isn't our praise and glorification of you good enough

Allah says I know better then you.

Thats my interpretation anyway. If anything it implies the creatures on Earth before Hz Adam were not corrupt and killers.

It is man (us) who are corrupt and killers    

On 2017-5-20 at 7:51 PM, Hussaini624 said:
Quran

Yes the Neanderthals did exist before Adam, they were the "other Adams". Allah eradicated them because they all transgressed their limits. According to Imam al-Baqir. 

Edited by AfricanShia

3 hours ago, Hussaini624 said:

@AfricanShia Thank you, brother. Could you please share the hadith by Imam al-Baqir (a.s)?

الإمامُ الباقرُ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ) : لَعلّكَ تَرى أنَّ اللّه‏َ إنّما خَلقَ هذا العالَمَ الواحِدَ ، وتَرى أنَّ اللّه‏َ لَم يَخْلُقْ بَشَر غَيرَكُم ! بلى واللّه‏ِ ، لَقد خَلقَ اللّه‏ُ ألفَ ألفِ عالَمٍ ، وألْفَ ألفِ آدمَ ، أنتَ في آخِرِ تِلكَ العوالِمِ واُولئكَ الآدَمِيّينَ

Imam al-Baqir (AS) said,

‘Perhaps you think that Allah has only created this single world, and you think that Allah has not created anyone other than yourselves! Nay by Allah, verily Allah has created a million worlds and a million Adams and you are in the last of these worlds and of the last Adams.’

al - Tawhid, p. 277. no. 2

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

الإمامُ الباقرُ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ) : لَعلّكَ تَرى أنَّ اللّه‏َ إنّما خَلقَ هذا العالَمَ الواحِدَ ، وتَرى أنَّ اللّه‏َ لَم يَخْلُقْ بَشَر غَيرَكُم ! بلى واللّه‏ِ ، لَقد خَلقَ اللّه‏ُ ألفَ ألفِ عالَمٍ ، وألْفَ ألفِ آدمَ ، أنتَ في آخِرِ تِلكَ العوالِمِ واُولئكَ الآدَمِيّينَ

Imam al-Baqir (AS) said,

‘Perhaps you think that Allah has only created this single world, and you think that Allah has not created anyone other than yourselves! Nay by Allah, verily Allah has created a million worlds and a million Adams and you are in the last of these worlds and of the last Adams.’

al - Tawhid, p. 277. no. 2

According to this, life outside Earth does not exist? Or human-like creatures only?

8 hours ago, Hussaini624 said:

According to this, life outside Earth does not exist? Or human-like creatures only?

No life does exist outside the Earth,  it's saying there was a million world's created. These other Adams were human-like yes but they differentiated in physical build, etc. Neanderthals were one of these "Adams". Scientists say that we came from Homo Sappiens but that's incorrect because of the Islamic belief of Adam. 

Edited by AfricanShia

• Advanced Member

"You may assume that God has not created any humans other than you, but this is not true because he has created thousands of thousands of humans before you and you are the last generation of humans" - Imam Sadiq as 

Sheikh Saduq, Tawhid, vol. 2, pg. 277.

• Advanced Member
On 5/25/2017 at 2:58 PM, AfricanShia said:

Yes the Neanderthals did exist before Adam, they were the "other Adams". Allah eradicated them because they all transgressed their limits. According to Imam al-Baqir. 

That's not even true, you can find their DNA in caucasians and Asian people alike. 

• Veteran Member

An event widely found in religious texts is that God punished humans and turned them into the likes of animals, thereby rewarding entropy with entropy. Atheists will understandably not entertain the possibility that man can devolve into apes and neanderthals.

On 5/21/2017 at 4:51 AM, Hussaini624 said:

These life forces that " cause corruption therein and sheds blood ", who are they?

Us.

5-presidents-1.jpg

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, AfricanShia said:

i dont know where you got that from or who told you that because these scientists say that Neanderthals existed before Apes. 

What? No. According to scientists, apes existed long before any human-like creatures and monkeys before apes. 

I've also read that Neanderthal DNA is present in modern humans, but if two creatures are able to mate and produce viable offspring, they aren't different species. If there is Neanderthal DNA in modern humans, Neanderthals were human, not human-like. 

29 minutes ago, notme said:

What? No. According to scientists, apes existed long before any human-like creatures and monkeys before apes. 

I've also read that Neanderthal DNA is present in modern humans, but if two creatures are able to mate and produce viable offspring, they aren't different species. If there is Neanderthal DNA in modern humans, Neanderthals were human, not human-like. 

Well they changed that theory. And yeah for sure the first humans were caveman. It is so degrading to Allah. Adam's child was a Prophet of Allah and you actually want to believe that they were instead caveman who didnt understand the basic concepts of what being a human was. They didnt even have any emotions. 

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, AfricanShia said:

Well they changed that theory. And yeah for sure the first humans were caveman. It is so degrading to Allah. Adam's child was a Prophet of Allah and you actually want to believe that they were instead caveman who didnt understand the basic concepts of what being a human was. They didnt even have any emotions. 

Theories are always changing as new information becomes available but I never read of anyone saying Neanderthals predate apes. It may be that Neanderthals predate the species of apes existing today, I don't know.

But why do you assume that a man (if it was indeed a man) who lacks technology must also lack understanding and emotion? I don't know when Adam was brought into the world, but my beliefs on creation are strong enough that if it's proven that Adam was a caveman or a Neanderthal or whatever, it doesn't change anything.

• Forum Administrators

Although these are not necessarily neanderthals, the Arabs believed in the nasnaas, who were a race of half-human half-animal beings. They appear in some hadiths, for example:

فحدثني أبي عن الحسن بن محبوب عن عمرو بن (أبى ط) مقدام عن ثابت الحذاء عن جابر بن يزيد الجعفي عن أبي جعفر محمد بن علي بن الحسين عن أبيه عن آبائه عليهم السلام عن أمير المؤمنين عليه السلام قال إن الله تبارك وتعالى أراد ان يخلق خلقا بيده وذلك بعد ما مضى من الجن والنسناس في الأرض سبعة آلاف سنة وكان من شأنه خلق آدم كشط(2) عن اطباق السماوات قال للملائكة انظروا إلى أهل الأرض من خلقي من الجن والنسناس فلما رأوا ما يعملون فيها من المعاصي وسفك الدماء والفساد في الأرض بغير الحق عظم ذلك عليهم وغضبوا وتأسنوا على أهل الأرض ولم يملكوا غضبهم قالوا ربنا إنك أنت العزيز القادر الجبار القاهر العظيم الشأن وهذا خلقك الضعيف الذليل يتقلبون في قبضتك ويعيشون برزقك ويتمتعون بعافيتك وهم يعصونك بمثل هذه الذنوب العظام لا تأسف عليهم ولا تغضب ولا تنتقم لنفسك لما تسمع منهم وترى وقد عظم ذلك علينا وأكبرناه فيك قال فلما سمع ذلك من الملائكة قال "إِنِّي جَاعِلٌ فِي الأَرْضِ خَلِيفَةً" يكون حجة لي في الأرض على خلقي فقالت الملائكة سبحانك "أَتَجْعَلُ فِيهَا مَن يُفْسِدُ فِيهَا" كما أفسد بنو الجان ويسفكون الدماء كما سفك بنو الجان ويتحاسدون ويتباغضون فاجعل ذلك الخليفة منا فانا لا نتحاسد ولا نتباغض ولا نسفك الدماء ونسبح بحمدك ونقدس لك قال عز وجل "إِنِّي أَعْلَمُ مَا لاَ تَعْلَمُونَ" اني أريد ان أخلق خلقا بيدي واجعل من ذريته أنبياء ومرسلين وعبادا صالحين أئمة مهتدين واجعلهم خلفاء على خلقي في أرضي ينهونهم عن معصيتي وينذرونهم من عذابي ويهدونهم إلى طاعتي ويسلكون بهم طريق سبيلي وأجعلهم لي حجة عليهم وأبيد النساس من ارضي وأطهرها منهم وانقل مردة الجن العصاة من بريتي وخلقي وخيرتي واسكنهم في الهواء في أقطار الأرض فلا يجاورون نسل خلقي وأجعل بين الجن وبين خلقي حجابا فلا يرى نسل خلقي الجن ولا يجالسونهم ولا يخالطونهم  

`Ali b. Ibrahim from his father from al-Hasan b. Mahbub from `Amr b. Abi'l Miqdam from Thabit al-Hadha' from Jabir b. Yazid al-Ju`fi from Abu Ja`far Muhammad b. `Ali b. al-Husayn from his fathers from his forefathers from Amir al-Mu'mineen.

He said, "Allah wanted to create a creature by His hand, and that was after the jinn and the Nasnaas (a half-human half-beast species) remained in the Earth for seven thousand years. And it was His will to create Adam beyond the confines of the heavens.    

Allah said to the angels, 'Look at the inhabitants of the Earth, My creatures, the jinn and the Nasnaas.'   

So when they saw what they were doing in acts of disobedience, the shedding of blood, and unjustly spreading corruption in the Earth, that became significant to the angels. They became angry at the inhabitants of the Earth, and they could not control their anger.   

They said, 'Our Lord, You are the Almighty, the Able, the Powerful, the Supreme, the One of Great Consequence. These are your weak, servile creatures. They tumble within Your grasp, they live within Your sustenance, they enjoy Your pardon, and they disobey You with these great sins that You do not make them regretful for, nor do you get angry, nor do You seek vengeance for Yourself when You hear from them or when You see. But this has become significant to us.'   

So when He heard that from the angels, He said, 'Surely, I will establish a vicegerent upon the Earth (2:30) who will be My Proof in the Earth upon My creation.’   

The angels said, ‘May You be glorified.’ ‘Will You place upon it one who will cause corruption therein (2:30) just as the children of the jinn caused corruption, and shed blood just as the jinn shed, and be envious and disobedient? Appoint that vicegerent from us, for we are not envious, nor are we disobedient, nor do we shed blood.’ ‘And we will declare Your praise and sanctify You’ (2:30)    

Allah said, ‘I know what you know not’ (2:30). ‘I want to create a creation with My two hands, and make from his progeny prophets, messengers, and righteous servants who are guided Imams, and I will make them vicegerents upon My creation in My Earth. They will prohibit them from disobeying Me, and warn them of My punishment, and guide them to My obedience, and put them upon the path of My cause, and be My Proof upon them. I will remove the Nasnaas from My Earth and purify it from them, and I will move the evil, disobedient jinn away from My goodly, preferred creatures and settle them in the space beyond the Earth so that they do not tyrannize this race of My creatures. I will put a barrier between the jinn and My creatures so that this race of My creatures will not see the jinn, nor sit with them, nor mix with them.’"       (Tafsir al-Qummi, Surat al-Baqara, verse 34)|

2 hours ago, notme said:

Theories are always changing as new information becomes available but I never read of anyone saying Neanderthals predate apes. It may be that Neanderthals predate the species of apes existing today, I don't know.

But why do you assume that a man (if it was indeed a man) who lacks technology must also lack understanding and emotion? I don't know when Adam was brought into the world, but my beliefs on creation are strong enough that if it's proven that Adam was a caveman or a Neanderthal or whatever, it doesn't change anything.

Listen you dont understand anything that i posted so you have your side and i have mine. Thank you :)

Edited by AfricanShia