Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Reddit Thread : Arab Muslim Slave Trade

Rate this topic

• Forum Administrators

Anyone else find it interesting that most slaves in the Muslim world reintegrated in society fairly seamlessly (we don't have problems with "ex-slaves", they could be our great grandparents without us knowing)? Compare that the American slavery, the legacy of which still remains (racism, white supremacy, social-darwinism, segregation, laws against intermixing, police brutality, the breakdown of black families, poverty in inner cities, and much more).

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Qa'im said:

Anyone else find it interesting that most slaves in the Muslim world reintegrated in society fairly seamlessly (we don't have problems with "ex-slaves", they could be our great grandparents without us knowing)? Compare that the American slavery, the legacy of which still remains (racism, white supremacy, social-darwinism, segregation, laws against intermixing, police brutality, the breakdown of black families, poverty in inner cities, and much more).

Slavery in the US was based on color, Arab slavery wasn't, isn't that factor alone a big difference.

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Qa'im said:

Weren't some of the caliphs sons of slave women? I think that at least one was but I can't remember the name.

And of course on our side some imams had slave mothers.

• Forum Administrators
7 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

Weren't some of the caliphs sons of slave women? I think that at least one was but I can't remember the name.

And of course on our side some imams had slave mothers.

Only three Abbasid Caliphs had mothers who were free women, and none of the Andalusian Umayyad Caliphs had free mothers.

• Veteran Member

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

This is my experience.

Plenty of Arabs are racist and have superiority complex. They refer to blacks as 3bid and don't you ever dare mention to have interracial marriages.  It's very sad and it actually infuriates me when I hear or witness prejudices done to people of color.  Not to only blacks, but Asians, Sri Lankans, anyone who is not Arab or white.

Rasoul Allah taught us the best among people is taqwa and there is no difference between white and black.  Ahulbayt didn't judge people by their color, they welcomed all and loved all with the best of akhlaq.  Arabs cry and moan about being called terrorists. Tough, clean up your garbage (racism, 3sabiyya) first, and have the heart cleansed from diseases of the soul.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

If this is true than I wouldn't doubt it because ever sine the jahil arabs came to power there has been nothing but fitna and trials for muslims. Jahil arabs are worse than any other kafir or munafiq because they know or supposedly know arabic and islamic culture and they are close to the holy cities and they use this to their advantage do get dunya. One might think oh he's arab he is dressed like a muslim he speaks the language of the Quran but how can one think they they are the biggest munafiqs and that is the danger. In actually Saudi and those gulf states even enslave white people today(we already know about the other races and how they are mistreated) and that is the crazy part. If you go to those countries they have whites coming in and doing all their work for them while they give them some shelter and food. I think the important thing is to understand that people who grow up in muslim society will know how to act muslim while being the biggest hypocrites and this is important to know in order for it to be stopped inshallah.