Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Iraq Shia cleric : convert or be killed , true?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, jean_valjean said:

I am highly suspicious of 39 second clips. Context is very important and a 39 second clip does not indicate context.

For instance if this was part of a lecture on  the rules of war and all the caveats had been said before and after 30 seconds then noone would think anything of it.

I am highly suspicous because it talks about the Holy Prophet (pbuhahp) and the Imams (as) which would mean its eiither a historical context or context of conflict.

No Shia advocates what is being implied by this 39 second clip   

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, A true Sunni said:

I am highly suspicious of 39 second clips. Context is very important and a 39 second clip does not indicate context.

For instance if this was part of a lecture on  the rules of war and all the caveats had been said before and after 30 seconds then noone would think anything of it.

I am highly suspicous because it talks about the Holy Prophet (pbuhahp) and the Imams (as) which would mean its eiither a historical context or context of conflict.

No Shia advocates what is being implied by this 39 second clip   

Yes I do agree with what you said. And also this is from middle east monitor and al-araby who have to appease their masters, so it's also inauthentic on that account.

the guy giving the speech is the brother of sayed mohammad musawi, who often appears on ahlulbayt tv/ ahlebeit tv/ hidayat tv. 

very strange thing to be saying, considering there is no compulsion in religion. I am suspicious that it is taken out of context similar to what @A true Sunni said

• Veteran Member
49 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

the guy giving the speech is the brother of sayed mohammad musawi, who often appears on ahlulbayt tv/ ahlebeit tv/ hidayat tv. 

very strange thing to be saying, considering there is no compulsion in religion. I am suspicious that it is taken out of context similar to what @A true Sunni said

That's twice we have agreed on something, we are in danger of making this a habit :)