Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Assalamu Aleykum Wa Rahmat Allah Wa Barakatuh

I am a Muslim born agnostic, my father is Sunni and my mother Shiite.
I have a lot of questions on how Shias view certain topics.

My first question is on Fatima bint al rasul,
I have heard a lot of claims from Sunnis that according to Shiites, Omar ibn al-Khattab broke Fatima's ribs. Is this claim true? If yes, could I please be informed of the historical text? Moreover, what is the reason behind the conflict between Shiites and Sunnis?

My second question is on the Caliphate: Would Shiites live under a Sunni caliphate?

The third one is on progressiveness: Would Shiite Islam ever get rid of the Jizya system, or how does Shiite Islam view LGBTs and are the punishments similar to that of Sunni Islam? (cutting the hands in case of stealing, etc.)

The fourth question is on economics: How should the economy be regulated under an Islamic caliphate, that is if it should be regulated?

I would be very thankful to who answers in a detailed manner stating sources.

Jazakum Allah Khayran

On 2017-5-12 at 3:15 PM, thearabianseeker said:

Assalamu Aleykum Wa Rahmat Allah Wa Barakatuh

I am a Muslim born agnostic, my father is Sunni and my mother Shiite.
I have a lot of questions on how Shias view certain topics.

My first question is on Fatima bint al rasul,
I have heard a lot of claims from Sunnis that according to Shiites, Omar ibn al-Khattab broke Fatima's ribs. Is this claim true? If yes, could I please be informed of the historical text? Moreover, what is the reason behind the conflict between Shiites and Sunnis?

My second question is on the Caliphate: Would Shiites live under a Sunni caliphate?

The third one is on progressiveness: Would Shiite Islam ever get rid of the Jizya system, or how does Shiite Islam view LGBTs and are the punishments similar to that of Sunni Islam? (cutting the hands in case of stealing, etc.)

The fourth question is on economics: How should the economy be regulated under an Islamic caliphate, that is if it should be regulated?

I would be very thankful to who answers in a detailed manner stating sources.

Jazakum Allah Khayran

Umar did break fatima's ribs as stated in hadith. I doubt that Shias would live under a Sunni caliphate because their are at risk. Cutting off hands is not allowed with the true. It is to cut off the tips of the fingers. LBGT will suffer the wrath of Allah ( view from Shias). 4th question cannot be answered.