Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Is this mockery, or what?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Whats the deal with rappers using Allah in their verses? When lines like the one below (linked it at the specific verse, just push play) are used, doesn't it become blasphemy? This is just one example, there are soooooooooo many verses akin to this in different songs.....

(verse at 1:00)

Edited by Bazzi_

• Advanced Member

Asalaam alaikum. Rappers are using names in these verses more as a political tool. They also are using the names of some of the prophets. In their world use of these names are not limited. I simply may email some of these rappers and let them know their use of holy prophets and of Allah is not appreciated. I don't know about blasphemy but I know of some individuals from my Sunni past that would take exception to the use. Best to consult a marja?

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

At least some people in the West use music for good works.

Lupe fiasco is a muslim, pretty good dude, he's said some anti-syria/Lebanese resistance things in the past though, I hope he can see the truth.

• Advanced Member
On 5/10/2017 at 5:25 PM, MariyahLaleh said:

Asalaam alaikum. Rappers are using names in these verses more as a political tool. They also are using the names of some of the prophets. In their world use of these names are not limited. I simply may email some of these rappers and let them know their use of holy prophets and of Allah is not appreciated. I don't know about blasphemy but I know of some individuals from my Sunni past that would take exception to the use. Best to consult a marja?

Cant tell if ur being sarcastic or not 

• 2 months later...