Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Your Brother

Quran say that the trinity is Jesus, God, and Mary

Rate this topic

Guest Your Brother

Does the Quran say that the christians believed the trinity was God (AZ), Jesus(AS), and Mary(RA)? Can someone please clarify this for me. Is there any Hadith relating to the trinity?

• And when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.

— Qur'an, sura 5 (Al-Ma'ida), ayat116

9 hours ago, Guest Your Brother said:

Does the Quran say that the christians believed the trinity was God (AZ), Jesus(AS), and Mary(RA)? Can someone please clarify this for me.

Quran simply prohibits of asserting triune nature of God. Christians describes triune nature of God as "god the father, god the son & god the holy spirit". Humans can also assert anything from themselves which is far from the fact. They have made parts of Allah, as mentioned in this verse:

"And they assign to Him a part of His servants; man, to be sure, is clearly ungrateful. What! has He taken daughters to Himself of what He Himself creates and chosen you to have sons?" (Quran 43:15-16)

So humans can claim anything, Quran has condemned every sort of possibility which can contaminate the Oneness of Allah.

"O followers of the book! do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak (lies) against Allah, but (speak) the truth; the Messiah, Isa son of Marium is only an apostle of Allah and His Word which He communicated to Marium and a spirit from Him; believe therefore in Allah and His apostles, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only One Allah; far be It from His glory that He should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His, and Allah is sufficient for a Protector." (Quran 4:171) 

"When Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! Remember My favor on you and on your mother, when I strengthened you with the holy spirit, you spoke to the people in the cradle and I when of old age, and when I taught you the Book and the wisdom and the Torah and the Bible; and when you determined out of clay a thing like the form of a bird by My permission, then you breathed into it and it became a bird by My permission, and you healed the blind and the leprous by My permission; and when you brought forth the dead by My permission; and when I withheld the children of Israel from you when you came to them with clear arguments, but those who disbelieved among them said: this is nothing but clear enchantment." (Quran 5:110)

Salaam, taken from a wikipedia article:

Collyridianism was an Early Christianheretical movement in pre-Islamic Arabia[1]whose adherents apparently worshipped the Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus, as a goddess. The main source of information about them comes from their strongest opponent, Epiphanius of Salamis, who wrote about them in his Panarion of about 375 AD. According to Epiphanius,[2] certain women in then-largely-pagan Arabia syncretized indigenous beliefs with the worship of Mary, and offered little cakes or bread-rolls (Greek κολλυρις – a word occurring in the Septuagint) to her. Epiphanius states that Collyridianism originated in Thrace and Scythia, although it may have first travelled to those regions from Syria or Asia Minor. Little else is known.

You must also keep in mind that this is speaking about about  Future and believe it or not. Some people did take Mary as a Goddess. Right now, type on Google our Holy mother Fatima and you will see some PURE SHIRK lol. So it is referring about the time gap of Jesus and the day of Judgement. So it makes sense. I was Confused too about this Ayat and Christians always bring it up but yeah don't trip up

if you read that in an English translation I would say that that was erroneous. The verse that you are referring to does NOT state that in Arabic. Arabic takes a skilled scholar to accurately translate it to a passable English statement. I know its erroneous but am not skilled enought to translate that as well as I am NOT a scholar. Could you please share with us the name of the person who translated the version you are referring to?