Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What is the Athari madhab of aqeedah?

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

Athari madhab has different interpretations. Athatri literally means to follow the athar which is the quran and hadith. The issue is there is two groups claiming to follow this way one is the wahabis who say that you have to follow the narrations in a literal sense for example where the Quran says stuff like the hand of Allah than you should interpret it as Allah has hands and any other utterance is considered biddah. there is another group of atharis that say you should follow the narrations and not interpret it and just leave it and commenting on these issue such as the hand of Allah is biddah. So both methods have major issues but the first one is more dangerous.

Edited by Yama Nemati
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Yama Nemati said:

Athari madhab has different interpretations. Athatri literally means to follow the athar which is the quran and hadith. The issue is there is two groups claming to follow this way one is the wahabis who say that you have to follow the narrations in a literal sense for example where the Quran says stuff like the hand of Allah than you should interpret it as Allah has hands and any other utterance is considered biddah. there is another group of atahris that say you should follow the narrations and not interpret it and just leave it and commenting on these issue such as the hand of Allah is biddah. So both methods have major issues but the first one is more dangerous.

Salam and shukran for the information. Can you provide a source or link for this information?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī said:

Salam and shukran for the information. Can you provide a source or link for this information?

Well this info is from my experience from studying with atharis to find out what I summed up for you would probably require reading a bunch of books such as kitab tawhid by abdul wahab and some aqeeda books by sheikh saleh fawzan. Unfortunately for me I have studied and learned many of the wahabi books with their sheikhs :( lol...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
Just now, Yama Nemati said:

Well this info is from my experience from studying with atharis to find out what I summed up for you would probably require reading a bunch of books such as kitab tawhid by abdul wahab and some aqeeda books by sheikh saleh fawzan. Unfortunately for me I have studied and learned many of the wahabi books with their sheikhs :( lol...

Oh ok brother, thanks for your help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Yama Nemati said:

Well this info is from my experience from studying with atharis to find out what I summed up for you would probably require reading a bunch of books such as kitab tawhid by abdul wahab and some aqeeda books by sheikh saleh fawzan. Unfortunately for me I have studied and learned many of the wahabi books with their sheikhs :( lol...

I believe this can only benefit you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Yama Nemati said:

This is true because since I know their madhab in detail I can also refute wahabies very easily alhamdulilah.

First of all if had studied with them then you would`ve known Wahhabi is a slang. It is an abuse of Allah`s name in order to mock a group. How would you like it if I called you a Rafidite Sabai shiite ? 

15 hours ago, Yama Nemati said:

 So both methods have major issues but the first one is more dangerous.

Since you can refute very easily then please explain why affirming what is mentioned in the Qu`ran literally is dangerous ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
19 hours ago, Student_of_Deen said:

I could`ve benefited him if he actually learned things correctly. 

Correction: It could`ve benefited him if he actually learned things correctly. For some reason it`s not possible to edit a post after some hours of posting them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Student_of_Deen said:

First of all if had studied with them then you would`ve known Wahhabi is a slang. It is an abuse of Allah`s name in order to mock a group.

well isnt Allah also known as Malik and Malikis called themselves by that and nobody says that they abuse the names or attributes of Allah so that argument is invalid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
30 minutes ago, Lion33 said:

well isnt Allah also known as Malik and Malikis called themselves by that and nobody says that they abuse the names or attributes of Allah so that argument is invalid.

Malik means king while Allah`s name is Al Malik which means "The King" (i.e One and only King). But when you say Wahhabi you`re actually twisting the name of Allah with the intention of mock a group. Nobody besides Allah is named Wahhab or Al Wahhab. 

Even the intention alone makes it wrong because the Prophet (Peace be upon him) forbade giving bad nicknames to people which they didn`t liked. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 10/05/2017 at 5:13 AM, Lion33 said:

This is true because since I know their madhab in detail I can also refute wahabies very easily alhamdulilah.

Now please refute me and explain why literally believing the things mentioned in the Qu`ran about Allah subhana watala is dangerous ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 10/05/2017 at 0:20 AM, Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī said:

What is the Athari madhab of aqeedah?

 The word Athar means narration. When somebody calls himself 'Athari' he is claiming to be a person of narrations. This doesent necessarily mean that he is a narrator himself, rather he means by this term that he follows or adheres to the narrations. 

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (radiAllaahu anhu):

Rasoolullaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) was asked, "Who are the best of the people?" He sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam replied, "Me and those who are with me (i.e. The Companions)." Then he was asked, "Then who?" He sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam said,"Thumma Man kana ahlul athar" Then the Ahlul Athar {Those who follow the athar(narrations/precedents of the Companions)}. Then he was asked, "Then who?". He sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam refused to reply. (Musnad Ahmed, Saheeh) 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On ‎10‎-‎5‎-‎2017 at 1:36 PM, Student_of_Deen said:

I could`ve benefited him if he actually learned things correctly. 

There is no such thing as correct antropomorphism.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Student_of_Deen said:

 The word Athar means narration. When somebody calls himself 'Athari' he is claiming to be a person of narrations. This doesent necessarily mean that he is a narrator himself, rather he means by this term that he follows or adheres to the narrations. 

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (radiAllaahu anhu):

Rasoolullaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) was asked, "Who are the best of the people?" He sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam replied, "Me and those who are with me (i.e. The Companions)." Then he was asked, "Then who?" He sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam said,"Thumma Man kana ahlul athar" Then the Ahlul Athar {Those who follow the athar(narrations/precedents of the Companions)}. Then he was asked, "Then who?". He sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam refused to reply. (Musnad Ahmed, Saheeh) 

 

Do they take a literalist approach to all the ahadeeth and ayahs? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Student_of_Deen said:

Now please refute me and explain why literally believing the things mentioned in the Qu`ran about Allah subhana watala is dangerous ?

There is 2 types of wahabies

1. An open minded sincere one who wants to learn and is open to hearing various opinions.

2. A fasiq or a munafiq who is a complete idiot and will end up becoming a suicide bomber or in jail or is just a complete loser

You fall under the second category because you have been refuted about 695 times the last time I checked and there is no hope for you, my refutation of you is that I am praying you get banned and will try to convince the mods to do so. If we were in an islamic state I would try to convince the authorities to put you in jail or in a mental hospital. Anyways there is no hope for you so from now on I am not even going to reply to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
12 hours ago, Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī said:

Do they take a literalist approach to all the ahadeeth and ayahs? 

We take literalist approach where the text is clear. It is the deviated people who twist things in order to mould them as per their misguided views & beliefs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Lion33 said:

There is 2 types of wahabies

1. An open minded sincere one who wants to learn and is open to hearing various opinions.

2. A fasiq or a munafiq who is a complete idiot and will end up becoming a suicide bomber or in jail or is just a complete loser

We Salafis were (still are & always will be) the first to condemn all forms of suicide bombing and terrorism. We opposed it no matter where and why it was done. 

People like you on the other hands praise such individuals if their actions benefits your cause. You can demonize people with your tongue but the world knows who are the real losers. 

 

11 hours ago, Lion33 said:

You fall under the second category because you have been refuted about 695 times the last time I checked and there is no hope for you, my refutation of you is that I am praying you get banned and will try to convince the mods to do so. 

A straight out personal attack, insult and accusation on the person before even the debate started. If you start attacking the person instead of his argument then you have lost the debate by default. 

I have been refuted 695 ? No, Alhamdulilah Instead I have refuted you people for more times than any of us can remember. Just because the members of this forum don`t like to give likes to my comment don`t assume I got refuted. 

 

11 hours ago, Lion33 said:

If we were in an islamic state I would try to convince the authorities to put you in jail or in a mental hospital. Anyways there is no hope for you so from now on I am not even going to reply to you.

I think you are confusing an Islamic state with a Shi`a republic. And if anyone needs to put in a mental hospital then its you. 

You repeatedly use abusive nicknames for people on a public forum and claim their beliefs are dangerous but you can easily refute them. But when asked to do it. You showed what you and the rest of the people like you can do (especially the one who liked this comment of yours which violates the rules of this forum as well as Islamic behaviour). 

There is always hope for people as long as they are alive and breathing. You are no one to decide whom Allah subhana watala will bless with his mercy & guidance. You are no to speak on his behalf and decide whom he will not help & guide to his straight path. 

 

Edited by Student_of_Deen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...