Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Dawah in Islam??

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam everyone,

You see a lot of Western Sunnis/Salafis etc who give dawah on public places and shove Islam down people's throat. I don't personally agree with them and I am not sure if they are inviting people to Islam or causing them to rebel. Islam is not like Christianity where you randomly approach people and force religion upon them. 

I know these Christians (jehova's witnesses) who come to my house weekly and let us know the teachings of Christianity in hope that maybe I leave Islam and become a Christian. This is very ineffective and makes the person seem arrogant. I feel they are desperate and their approach is very ineffective. This is a well-known fact that you never want a random person to come to you and have their ideas forced on you. Apart from religion, even those door-to-door marketing people are the same, as I get an impression that they are desperate.

Plus many Muslim dawah people have very limited knowledge and to me it seems they are making a fool of Islam. I rather have knowledgeable scholars talk about Islam at a public level. 

Allah guides to whom he wills and If anyone wants to convert then that person will always seek the truth in any way. I don't think we have to publicly force Islam on people.

I am personally more inclined to the opinion that we try to be the best Muslim and show glimpses of Islam through our actions and personality. People don't need to know that Islam is a religion of force but rather a peaceful and beautiful religion. 

I don't mean to undermine any Muslims sincere efforts to give dawah to non-muslims (maybe they have converted some), but I rather them in some other way.

Create online videos, public forums and take part in campaigns. Leave the rest to knowledgeable scholars.

What is your opinion?

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

3 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam everyone,

You see a lot of Western Sunnis/Salafis etc who give dawah on public places and shove Islam down people's throat. I don't personally agree with them and I am not sure if they are inviting people to Islam or causing them to rebel. Islam is not like Christianity where you randomly approach people and force religion upon them. 

I know these Christians (jehova's witnesses) who come to my house weekly and let us know the teachings of Christianity in hope that maybe I leave Islam and become a Christian. This is very ineffective and makes the person seem arrogant. I feel they are desperate and their approach is very ineffective. This is a well-known fact that you never want a random person to come to you and have their ideas forced on you. Apart from religion, even those door-to-door marketing people are the same, as I get an impression that they are desperate.

Plus many Muslim dawah people have very limited knowledge and to me it seems they are making a fool of Islam. I rather have knowledgeable scholars talk about Islam at a public level. 

Allah guides to whom he wills and If anyone wants to convert then that person will always seek the truth in any way. I don't think we have to publicly force Islam on people.

I am personally more inclined to the opinion that we try to be the best Muslim and show glimpses of Islam through our actions and personality. People don't need to know that Islam is a religion of force but rather a peaceful and beautiful religion. 

I don't mean to undermine any Muslims sincere efforts to give dawah to non-muslims (maybe they have converted some), but I rather them in some other way.

Create online videos, public forums and take part in campaigns. Leave the rest to knowledgeable scholars.

What is your opinion?

Yeah, it makes people arrogant when you go to their houses and say would you like to come to our faith ? While those already know that they have different faith.

Prophet PBUHHP never propagated Islam in such a way, He PBUHHP just struggled to clean the ignorance, there were people who used to worship idols so Prophet PBUHHP said: "I don't worship stones". So, people come to him in awe, why don't you? Prophet PBUHHP said that because they are capable of nothing and it is not fitting for me to worship an unmovable object, I would rather worship my God who created me, whom I can't see but I cannot deny his existence due to the signs of him witnessed by intelligence. He PBUHHP just spoke about rights of people be it family members, widows, orphans and old-age denied people. 

• Advanced Member
7 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

His revolution was a true propagation of Deen that focused from manners of everything and the method of propagation of Deen is to speak against the social injustices and say to people that you are doing wrong and not going door to door and saying that do you wanna go in heaven or hell :D 

This statement reminds of of Zakir Naik lol "do you wanna go to heaven or hell".

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

3 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

This statement reminds of of Zakir Naik lol.

Did Zakir Naik said the same ? If he had, I wish he could have same faith as mine as well so that he may not find himself embarrassed before Ahlebait on the day of Judgement. 

Edited by Sindbad05

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

Did Zakir Naik said the same ? If he had, I wish he could have same faith as mine as well so that he may not find himself embarrassed before Ahlebait on the day of Judgement. 

He didn't say the exact way you phrased it but something along those lines. I will link you the video when I find it(It was a while back). From memory he was debating an athiest and said something along those lines when the athiest said "I will think about it (in regards to his decision of converting).

2 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

He didn't say the exact way you phrased it but something along those lines. I will link you the video when I find it(It was a while back). From memory he was debating an athiest and said something along those lines when the athiest said "I will think about it (in regards to his decision of converting).

Well, I do not want to listen it since Syeda Zahra a.s won't be pleased to listening to him saying that Yazid's war with Imam Hussain a.s was a war on throne while Imam Hussain a.s did not have to do anything with throne but religion. 

Edited by Sindbad05

Doing injustices is also going away from Islam, Imam Ali a.s has clearly said that anyone who is not aware of Islam because message did not reach him, he would be tried on the basis of human rights. If religion of Islam reached him and he denied it's true message, any person denying it due to personal bias will surely deny truth and what is the end result of denying truth except agony, anxiety and sins ? 

Edited by Sindbad05

Salaam brothers i agree with sindabad05 brother that its not right way to dawah go onto street and make of fun of Islam its totally wrong Prophet Muhammad Saww and Ahlulbayt As never did like that and spread Islam like that its their Ahlaaq which spreaded Islam and the salafis/sunnis who does dawah only embarrese Muslims by doing this and they have hatred against Ahlulbayt As what are they doing dawah for then they say to non Muslims that Shias are bad and kafirs is this way to do dawah to spread hatred against other sects.

9 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

Yeah, it makes people arrogant when you go to their houses and say would you like to come to our faith ? While those already know that they have different faith.

Prophet PBUHHP never propagated Islam in such a way, He PBUHHP just struggled to clean the ignorance, there were people who used to worship idols so Prophet PBUHHP said: "I don't worship stones". So, people come to him in awe, why don't you? Prophet PBUHHP said that because they are capable of nothing and it is not fitting for me to worship an unmovable object, I would rather worship my God who created me, whom I can't see but I cannot deny his existence due to the signs of him witnessed by intelligence. He PBUHHP just spoke about rights of people be it family members, widows, orphans and old-age denied people. 

sorry correction not arrogant but "annoyed"....People get annoyed when they see people of extremely opposite faith coming to their doorstep and saying adopt our faith. 

@Mansur Bakhtiari @ali_fatheroforphans @Shahjee12145

Edited by Sindbad05