Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

23 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

The following are some of his statements:

- "There is no real difference between Shiite and Sunni beliefs, and I am the servant of all Iraqis [either Sunni or Shiite],” he emphasizes. “I love everyone, and this religion [Islam] is the religion of love,”.

- "We should attend Sunnis’ Friday prayers more than Shiite’s. We do not discriminate between Arabs and Kurds, and Islam has collected all of us"

- "This kind of conferences are highly important, since they help Shiites and Sunnis find out that there is no real difference between their beliefs, and the difference simply is on legal (Fiqh) issues"

Alaikas Salaam brother,

I have always admired Ayatullah Sistani for his knowledge and wisdom and I'm also aware how much he stresses on unity. However, if you can please provide valid source for his statement that you have mentioned.

Edited by Lover of Ahlulbait (ams)

19 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Going to a sunni mosque in my university and praying in our Shia way leaves such a "frightened look" in so many sunnis faces.

I've gone through this. There was this common hall which was used for prayers by all. These sunni/wahabi guys would just stare at me from all sides when I pray as if an alien came to earth. This was the case of praying in a common hall, what will happen when I'll go to an actual sunni mosque. They are not welcoming as shias.

He is truly a great man, may Allah swt preserve him.  He also said:

وكنت ولا أزال أقول لا تقولوا اخواننا السنة، بل قولوا (أنفسنا أهل السنة)

I used to say, and continue to say: 'Do not say ''Our brothers the Sunnis'', rather say: ''Our selves, the Sunnis'' '.

http://www.sistani.org/arabic/in-news/1038/

Edited by .InshAllah.

وقال السيد السيستاني: ( لابد للشيعة ان يدافعوا عن الحقوق الاجتماعية والسياسية للسنة قبل أبناء السنة انفسهم).

The Shia have to defend the social and political rights of the Sunnis even before the Sunnis themselves

(same source)

53 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Brother, have you verified the source. The article just goes on to state one thing after another without mentioning their source. 

I'm not saying all those things written in the article is wrong or fabricated but certain statement does raises an eyebrow. For eg. We should attend Sunnis’ Friday prayers more than Shiite’s...  It's like keeping our mosques half-filled and go on to pray behind a sunni Imam even though they don't have place to set foot. 

4 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I don't mean to attack my Sunni brothers and sisters but It hurts me when we are labelled 'Kafir' by Sunnis. Why can't we all put our fiqh issues aside and be one unit. Going to a sunni mosque in my university and praying in our Shia way leaves such a "frightened look" in so many sunnis faces.

brother you are right it hurts when we are labelled as kafir without a reason but this is the difference between us and them we have knowledge they have not our ulema never labeled any other for kafir but their so called big ulemas labels others kafirs its looks like they own Islam but Islam is for all Muslims not for an spesific sect or one community. no one owns Islam and who thinks like that should leave Islam. because Islam is peaceful religion all are welcome in this beautiful religion of Allah Swt :)

The takfiris are a very, very small percentage amoung our Sunni brothers and on the other side the Yasir Habib group and his fans are a very small percentage amoung the Shia. 

If these two groups somehow disappeared from the earth, I think we would have very few issues between us. 

4 hours ago, Lover of Ahlulbait (ams) said:

Brother, have you verified the source. The article just goes on to state one thing after another without mentioning their source. 

I'm not saying all those things written in the article is wrong or fabricated but certain statement does raises an eyebrow. For eg. We should attend Sunnis’ Friday prayers more than Shiite’s...  It's like keeping our mosques half-filled and go on to pray behind a sunni Imam even though they don't have place to set foot. 

Salaam brother,

For what it's worth, when my group and I met Ayatollah Sistani in 2013, he said "Sunnis are not just our brothers but our nafs".

The postings of the other brothers are authentic in this regard.

1 hour ago, shiaman14 said:

Salaam brother,

For what it's worth, when my group and I met Ayatollah Sistani in 2013, he said "Sunnis are not just our brothers but our nafs".

The postings of the other brothers are authentic in this regard.

Alaikas Salaam brother, 

I never denied Ayatullah Sistani's stance on unity rather I'm concerned about the different statements made in this regard. What Ayatullah Sistani told your group is widely known and on their official websites as well but the website here mentions some statements that they claim to have been made by Ayatullah Sistani.

Be in unity with them, call them your nafs, pray with them, pray more with sunnis than shias, etc all makes different impact and the way we deal with other sect. The matter is sensitive hence cannot trust any xyz website until they mentions official/valid source. 

On 5/6/2017 at 12:29 PM, .InshAllah. said:

He is truly a great man, may Allah swt preserve him.  He also said:

وكنت ولا أزال أقول لا تقولوا اخواننا السنة، بل قولوا (أنفسنا أهل السنة)

I used to say, and continue to say: 'Do not say ''Our brothers the Sunnis'', rather say: ''Our selves, the Sunnis'' '.

http://www.sistani.org/arabic/in-news/1038/

3 hours ago, Carlzone said:

A question. Then why is it only halal for a female to marry a Sunni if she isn't led astray?

It isn't halal for anyone to marry a person who will lead them astray. Sunnis are Muslim, but they are astray - like many Shia too. 

4 hours ago, Carlzone said:

A question. Then why is it only halal for a female to marry a Sunni if she isn't led astray?

I’m married to a Sunni, (who doesn’t like to be called Sunni) and my marja said it was permissible.

Neither of us impose our way of doing things. I participate in Shia practices and do everything according to the Shia school of thought and he does everything that he has read within his collection of Hadiths and knowledge. 

So it is halal, but it depends on the person and the circumstances. No suitable Shia man was around for me, anyway. I wanted to get married and he was serious. While the men in my community wanted to stay single—even the men in their thirties. 

No thanks. I wasn’t going to wait around for anyone to be okay with the idea of marriage. Either you want to marry me or you don’t. No beating around the bush. 

2 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

I’m married to a Sunni, (who doesn’t like to be called Sunni) and my marja said it was permissible.

Neither of us impose our way of doing things. I participate in Shia practices and do everything according to the Shia school of thought and he does everything that he has read within his collection of Hadiths and knowledge. 

So it is halal, but it depends on the person and the circumstances. No suitable Shia man was around for me, anyway. I wanted to get married and he was serious. While the men in my community wanted to stay single—even the men in their thirties. 

No thanks. I wasn’t going to wait around for anyone to be okay with the idea of marriage. Either you want to marry me or you don’t. No beating around the bush. 

If there is respect, understand and love... your marriage will be successful.  Your husband is a muslim man.  That is good enough basic criteria.

Belief is very personal. We cannot impose on others.  We have to strive hard by our ownself to be close to Allah swt. We can't even follow our forefathers in term of belief.

Main thing is that you are strong in your belief and your partner knows about and respect your belief.

For those who is not so confident, then they can take precaution to only marry the person within specific acceptable belief.  Again, all based on circumstances. 

Don’t give all the blame to sunni’s, and unity is impossible weather you like it or not. Obviously sistani is a momin since he is a Shi’a of ali. 

Sunni’s call us kaffur for a reason and a logical reason just how classic scholars called them kaffur with a logical reason. 

They support the enemies of ahlulbayt and Allah 

And we(shia) curse them whom they support. 

10 hours ago, Carlzone said:

If the sunni guy is not religious and won’t in force his beliefs on you then your allowed to marry him since you won’t go atsray. That’s in the condition if you’re  sure.

On 5/6/2017 at 11:04 AM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

[....]
I have been Going to a sunni mosque in my university and praying in our Shia way leaves such a "frightened look" in so many sunnis faces.

Wa Alaikum El Selaam.

Wa Laa Yu Himak.  Don't bother.

"Be soft, without being weak. Be strong, without being violent." -Imam Ali (AS)

On 5/6/2017 at 10:04 AM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I wish more Sunni scholars had let go of their egos and put aside the differences and consider us shias as muslims (not these kafir labels).

So you are claiming all Sunni scholars bring up differences and say Shia are kafir? 

We decide to nitpick at those who say we are kafir, but many don't.

Just like many Sunnis decide to nitpick at Shia scholars who might not say Sunnis are kafir, but say other horrible things.

On 5/6/2017 at 10:04 AM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

his is nothing but ignorance by imposing your own views. I have realised that this is why Shia Sunni unity can't happen because many sunni scholars aren't willing to associate with us Shias. Name me a Sunni scholar(a very big figure) who would be so open-minded for a Sunni to pray in a Shia mosque.

I'm not sure if you have heard of people like Yasser Habib, or some of the scholars from the Shirazi clan, have you?

These scholars not only attack Sunnis, but even attack Shia who aren't as deviant as they are.

Your thread is full of ignorance and fitna. Don't make a thread praising someone for calling for unity, and ruin it with calls of fitna among Muslims. If you want to make a problem better, begin with the problems within OUR sect first, rather than calling out issues on others.

On 5/6/2017 at 5:04 PM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Name me a Sunni scholar(a very big figure) who would be so open-minded for a Sunni to pray in a Shia mosque.

Tahir ul Qadri. He is not only one of the biggest Sunni scholars in Pakistan but he also went beyond just praying in a Shi'a mosque: he did a whole muharram majlis in a Shi'a hussainiyyah.