Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Spirituality better in western countries?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Here me out in the west we are surrounded with sins there is sexually explicit material easily available 24/7. Alcohol, bars, you name it. 

But what if by us learning to resist this we became stronger people then the ones who grow up in an Islamic environment free from many of this stuff in the west or at least more protected from it.

if so what is the point of the government of imam mahdi(as) that will be free from sin or the environment protected from it? How will the people's spirituality in that time grow if the environment is protected? 

Let me know your guys thoughts on this if you like you can post forums where this has been previously discussed.

• Advanced Member
Just now, Hassan- said:

@Al Hadi didn't you already make the same topic earlier brother? 

I might have but I'm not sure where that went and the site went Down when I pressed post so idk I'll check now but I still appreciate responses.

• Advanced Member

Salaam, I have  a similiar question- being that the Quran is a book of all time, how are we to understand the part that says the majority of people are worse than cattle, but when Imam Mahdi (AS)comes, we're told that there will be a time of peace and all this good stuff will happen?  How is this possible if the larger portion of the society is  still going to be like cattle and worse? How can we say that things will be better when the larger portion of mankind will still be worse than cattle after the Imam (AS) arrives? As the Quran is a book for all time, peoples nature and behavior as stated in the quran would still be like cattle, so how can things get better with people in that state, most likely still behaving with the sttributes of cattle? I was under the impression that with the arrival of the Imam (AS), people would wake up to the right guidance of islam, and become Muslims, but if they're still going to be like cattle, then we will still have the same thing we have now except the imam will be here:/

• Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, shia farm girl said:

Salaam, I have  a similiar question- being that the Quran is a book of all time, how are we to understand the part that says the majority of people are worse than cattle, but when Imam Mahdi (AS)comes, we're told that there will be a time of peace and all this good stuff will happen?  How is this possible if the larger portion of the society is  still going to be like cattle and worse? How can we say that things will be better when the larger portion of mankind will still be worse than cattle after the Imam (AS) arrives? As the Quran is a book for all time, peoples nature and behavior as stated in the quran would still be like cattle, so how can things get better with people in that state, most likely still behaving with the sttributes of cattle? I was under the impression that with the arrival of the Imam (AS), people would wake up to the right guidance of islam, and become Muslims, but if they're still going to be like cattle, then we will still have the same thing we have now except the imam will be here:/

Certain things in the Quran can be abrogated with imam's guidance not necessarily certain principles but stuff that your taking about ya.

plus cattle can be herded properly maybe now they just aren't. The problem with mAny people is they are told to go a certain path by the society similar with cattle they go. But the imam will be able to 1.understand the true meaning of the verse and verses as A whole and use them to the advantage of humans. 2. He could guide people like the cattle except in the right direction rather than wrong. If that is what the verse means.

• Advanced Member

You do have a point but I don't think Allah intends for everyone to have to be faced with a sinful environment in order for our spirituality to grow. The whole point of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and out imams (as) was to guide us but also reform the society and protect it from sin. Obviously the reward from resisting against sin is great and quran takes into account of the reality of how people will be faced with various sinful environments. 

Even if the environment is peaceful and doesn't have any bars, alcohols, rape, theft etc then we can still grow by fulfilling the Islamic obligations. Like we can still worship Allah five times a day, treat our parents nicely, give charity and improve our morals. So when Imam Mehdi comes, what if people are able to have a better connection with Allah without having to be exposed to sins etc

Sinful environment is toxic and the amount of time our communities have had to spend on dealing with issues of western muslims and sexuality is too much. Maybe if we had a sinless environment, muslim scholars could focus on converting many athiests around the world.

• Advanced Member
On 5/5/2017 at 9:23 AM, shia farm girl said:

Walaikum Salam

Majority of people are worse than cattle the question arises why? In my opinion this problem is due to the lower level of divine intellect. But i think that after the appearance of the Lord of Times Imam Zamana arrohi al fida a.s the intellect increases by the grace of Almighty Allah. This is some sort of intellect which is now a days increased after the death of some one and this in referred in Hadith Also. When the veils are lifted the intellect increase and then people are not like cattle. There are various quranic verses also if needed i can also provide the reference like in sura Mulk " Qaaalo lawo Kunna Nasmaaoo aow na qil ma kuna fi ashaab is saeer"  And they will say, "If only we had been listening or reasoning, we would not be among the companions of the Blaze."

When Intellect increase then this world will be a good place and that is the divine plane inshallah It will happen one day.