Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

I am talking about Dr Bilal Philips who is a very popular sunni speaker amongst millions of muslims who admire him. 

Here is a comment of his on Ashura on Facebook: (2013)

"If anyone is stupid, it is you, for Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did not teach us to remember the martyrdom of his own beloved uncle, Hamzah, so why should we have to remember that of his grandson?"

This is height of jahliyat(ignorance) and it just goes to show how irresponsible sunnis are when they accept a hypocrite leader like him. I think we are witnessing the signs of judgement day when we have such leaders representing Islam.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

Bilal phillips is a moron. 

I mean lets not even go further than OPs comment - according to phillips, what exactly was "bayt al huzn"?

or another example "the year of mourning" regarding the deaths of Lady Khadija (SA) or hazrat Abu Talib (as)?

Or what about prophetic hadith regarding ashura, such as giving turbah to lady Umme Salma (sa)? 

And doesnt he respect Imam Ja'afar Sadiq (as)? All sects do. What did Imam Ja'afar Sadiq (as) say about ashura?

They actually do remember Ashura through the innovation that it was the celebration of the victory of the Bani Israil over Firaun granted by Allah and that Muhammad s.a.w.a.s. was informed about that by the Jews of Medina.

Says enough if you ask me.

If you do a thorough research you will notice things you're not aware of in the first place.

Salaam brothers Bilal phillips is a mad man who has no knowledge and he is a nawasib enemy of Ahlulbayt AS and who said to him that Prophet Muhammad Saww did not mourn for Hazrat Hamza AS he did it and Ahlulbayts AS also did it so he is not aalim i think all should ignore such foolish people just he can speak english so people thinks he is knowledgable man but he is not.

Lolz, he forgot that Prophet mourned whole year on the deaths of Hazrat Abu Talib a.s and Hazrat Khadeja a.s. and for Hazrat Hamzah, he remained in grief his entire life and that is why his murderer even though became muslim was stopped by prophet to come before him besides sending ummatul momineen to mourn the matrydom of hazrat Hamzah a.s.

28 minutes ago, Al Hadi said:

He even puts down the Shia I think. He is not a good guy in my opinion. He is also a wahabi.

yes brother he does it he says Shia is deviant beliefs i heard video of him talking against us and he has no knowledge he can only talk in English therefore they think he is knowledagble which is very strange he has no knowledge about Islam

11 hours ago, Shahjee12145 said:

yes brother he does it he says Shia is deviant beliefs i heard video of him talking against us and he has no knowledge he can only talk in English therefore they think he is knowledagble which is very strange he has no knowledge about Islam

Being a sunni speaker has become so easy tbh. Like you need to have decent english and talk about some basic topics which everyone can relate to (sweet talk I call). Plus you need to have a bit of humour to get peoples attention (especially the youth). 

If you satisfy the above points, then you are a complete speaker who is respected by millions of muslims. I am disappointed by the sunni population and they need to realise who is qualified and intellectually capable to be called a speaker, before bowing their heads to any speaker.

1 minute ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Being a sunni speaker has become so easy tbh. Like you need to have decent english and talk about some basic topics which everyone can relate to (sweet talk I call). Plus you need to have a bit of humour to get peoples attention (especially the youth). 

If you satisfy the above points, then you are a complete speaker who is respected by millions of muslims. I am disappointed by the sunni population and they need to realise who is qualified and intellectually capable to be called a speaker, before bowing their heads to any speaker.

You forgot the beard and the jelllaba

2 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

If you satisfy the above points, then you are a complete speaker who is respected by millions of muslims. I am disappointed by the sunni population and they need to realise who is a qualified and intellectually capable to be called a speaker, before bowing their heads to any speaker.

brother agree with u we have hawza and proper system to qualify as a scholar not just like who wants to be in mimbar can come and say whatever they want to say and talk like they own Islam and has no knowledge about Islamic history and talk only rubbish and lies to public but strange thing is that sunni population dont say anything to people like zakir naik Bilal phillips and many more

Ya I had taken some of his online classes when I was younger like 20 years old and his classes were very extreme. After taking some of his classes as a young guy I would think that basically sufis are disbeilever, shias are disbelievers, the majority of sunnis are disbelievers lol and the list goes on. That guy has some serious issues and I honestly think guys like that should be imprisoned or executed.

7 hours ago, Yama Nemati said:

Ya I had taken some of his online classes when I was younger like 20 years old and his classes were very extreme. After taking some of his classes as a young guy I would think that basically sufis are disbeilever, shias are disbelievers, the majority of sunnis are disbelievers lol and the list goes on. That guy has some serious issues and I honestly think guys like that should be imprisoned or executed.

what did he mean when he said the majority of sunnis are disbelievers

1 hour ago, sidnaq said:

what did he mean when he said the majority of sunnis are disbelievers

He didnt say like that but what he said was going to the graves of the righteous and seeking intersession is shirk AKBAR which takes one out of the fold of islam.

6 hours ago, Shahjee12145 said:

but strange thing is that sunni population dont say anything to people like zakir naik Bilal phillips and many more

Cause they make many converts.

3 minutes ago, Faruk said:

Cause they make many converts.

this is not true because when I was sunni there was alooooootttttt of sunnis who had warned against Billal Phillips.

4 minutes ago, Yama Nemati said:

this is not true because when I was sunni there was alooooootttttt of sunnis who had warned against Billal Phillips.

Well I'm sure about Zakir Naik. Even Egyptian sunni brothers who despise Ikhwan al-Muslimin asked me if I knew Zakir Naik because they were impressed by him.

They probably only know the videos where he is quoting tons of verses and convert people.

Both have the same masters.

Edited by Faruk

1 minute ago, sidnaq said:

i cannot believe this, zakir naik, bilal philips, yusuf estes, all unreliable in the sunni world?? @Faruk

How you mean?

18 minutes ago, Faruk said:

Well I'm sure about Zakir Naik. Even Egyptian sunni brothers who despise Ikhwan al-Muslimin asked me if I knew Zakir Naik because they were impressed by him.

They probably only know the videos where he is quoting tons of verses and convert people.

Both have the same masters.

That is true where Zakir Naik is respected a little more but Billal Phillips is hated by alot of sunnis

19 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I am talking about Dr Bilal Philips who is a very popular sunni speaker amongst millions of muslims who admire him. 

Here is a comment of his on Ashura on Facebook: (2013)

"If anyone is stupid, it is you, for Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did not teach us to remember the martyrdom of his own beloved uncle, Hamzah, so why should we have to remember that of his grandson?"

This is height of jahliyat(ignorance) and it just goes to show how irresponsible sunnis are when they accept a hypocrite leader like him. I think we are witnessing the signs of judgement day when we have such leaders representing Islam.

I was thinking of Imam saying where he says that nasibis do not show hatred toward Ahlulbait (as), because how can someone show hatred to the family of Prophet Muhammad (saws), rather they express their hatred towards Ahlulbait (as) followers. But this guy is one step ahead of his arrogance and just admit his hatred of Ahlulbait (as) in its true form.

To be fair, salafi's are especially strict on following the example of the prophet and no-one else [nor his ahlulbayt]. Therefore if they do not see the prophet [saw] holding mourning ceremonies year on year for his own uncle until his death, nor a clear reliable narration where the prophet [saw] recommends this, while they say they love and respect Imam Hussain as, believe he is one of the leaders of the youths of paradise, they just don't want to do something they believe the prophet [saw] did not set any precedent for nor recommend year on year. To them, Kerbala may be a tragedy, but not one they want to remember year on year by mourning it.

I disagree, given in my reliable sources, Hussain a.s is not just a grandson, but a designated Imam. The Ahlulbayt asws , preservers of the sunnah set a precedent for mourning Hussain a.s, and we were commanded to hold onto the Quran and Ahlulbayt. I also have narrations from the Prophet [saw] i consider authentic which recommends remembering him.

Dr Bilal Phillips does seem sincere, but misguided. You can be sincere and misguided. But i don't know his heart, nor how open he is to the truth. Having said that, i can garuentee there are a number of users on shiachat who may have been sunni's who hated shia's had they been born in a different household. Allahu'alam , i pray i would have had an open enough mind - so i am not in my head intending to think of any examples of others.

20 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

"If anyone is stupid, it is you, for Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did not teach us to remember the martyrdom of his own beloved uncle, Hamzah, so why should we have to remember that of his grandson?

How disgusting of a comment. 

This man is incredibly full of hatred - I can tell by his tone. It's terrible and such a shame. 

It honestly makes me want to cry. How can someone, after learning what happened to our imams (as) and our beloved Imam Hussain (as) turn their backs on them?  

7 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

How disgusting of a comment. 

This man is incredibly full of hatred - I can tell by his tone. It's terrible and such a shame. 

It honestly makes me want to cry. How can someone, after learning what happened to our imams (as) and our beloved Imam Hussain (as) turn their backs on them?  

Without any doubt, this is Nasibism. 

Brothers/sisters, it is not Nasibism.

He is misguided in his view, but he sincerely believes unless Muhammed [saw] set a precedent for year on year of mourning ceremonies, or sanctioned this act, that it should not be done.

He says this whilst  accepting the sadness of the tragedy of Kerbala, the lofty status of Imam Hussain a.s etc. His reluctance to mourn [year on year in special ceremonies] is not due to hatred of Imam Hussain a.s, but due to his view that any act must be sanctioned or a precedent set by Muhammed [saw].

Let us all be fair in our assessment.

9 hours ago, sidnaq said:

are they unreliable sources to listen to even sunnis say so?

There are Wahabbi's calling themselves sunni and the Madhabi's. The Wahabbi's follow the Saud version of Islam. The Madhabi's are those who identify themselves as the subjects of the Ottoman Empire.

Saudi Arabia is trying to hijack sunnism by infiltrating it. They say they are sunni's with the argument that they stick to the texts (ahaadith) only. These textx are authenticated texts in sunnism and therefore many people can't recognize them.

The diffirence however is in methodology and even aqidah.

I'ts a long story which I cannot summarize in a few sentences,

However the majority of sunni's are not wahabbi's.

Edited by Faruk

40 minutes ago, QuranandAhlulbayt said:

He is misguided in his view, but he sincerely believes unless Muhammed [saw] set a precedent for year on year of mourning ceremonies, or sanctioned this act, that it should not be done.

He says this whilst  accepting the sadness of the tragedy of Kerbala, the lofty status of Imam Hussain a.s etc. His reluctance to mourn [year on year in special ceremonies] is not due to hatred of Imam Hussain a.s, but due to his view that any act must be sanctioned or a precedent set by Muhammed [saw].

Just try to find out who according to him was right in the battle of Karbala. Then you see if he is a nasibi.

However, shia's are not muslims according to him.

Edited by Faruk

2 hours ago, QuranandAhlulbayt said:

Bilal Philips should read Sunni references on how Prophet Muhammad (saws) received revelation that Imam Hussein (as) was going to be martyred.

Bilal Philips has never directly attacked Imam Hussein (as) or anything but he cannot keep his views to himself. Bilal raised objections on why we shias don't do any celebrations during the month of Muharram. This guy is hateful and has openly declared sufis and shias as kafir. I don't like any speaker having this type of arrogance. His love for ahlulbayt (as)(if he has any) doesn't reflect through his words and personality.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

5 hours ago, QuranandAhlulbayt said:

You won't find anyone in this world calling openly that he hates Ali and his progeny. If there's anyone in present times, show me. 

The Nasibi is he who antagonizes the Shia

Mohammed bin Ali Majilwayh narrated to us from his uncle Mohammed bin Abi al-Qasim from Mohammed bin Ali al-Kufi from Ibn Faddhal from al-Mu’alla bin Khunais that he heard Abu Abdullah Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã
saying:

The Nasibi[1] is not he who declares antagonism against us; the Prophet’s household. You cannot meet any person who declares that he hates Mohammed and his family openly. The Nasibi is he who provokes hostility against you while he knows that you support us and disavow our enemies.
He Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã also said:
He who gratifies one of our enemies is killing one of our disciples.[2]

[1] Nasibi is the person who provokes hostility against the Prophet’s household.
[2] Refer to Me’aani al-Akhbar; 365 H.1, Bihar ul-Anwar; 27:233 H.43.
In Thawab ul-A’maal; 207, Ilal ash-Sharaayi’; 601 H.60 (with other series of relaters), a part of this narration is recorded.

Sifatus Shia by Shaikh Sadooq (ra), chapter 17.

Edited by Lover of Ahlulbait (ams)
Formatting