Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
user5000

Who is Hell for?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

How bad does someone have to be to enter hellfire? I was reading a blogpost regarding Jahannam, and it got me thinking, how wretched, wicked, and evil does a person have to be to enter it? Description as follows.

These texts make it clear that Hell and Paradise exist, and that souls may enter them before the Day of Resurrection.  Speaking of Hell’s eternity, God says:

"They will long to leave the Fire, but never will they leave there from; and theirs will be a lasting torment." (Quran 5:37)

"…And they will never leave of the Fire." (Quran 2:167)

"Surely, those who disbelieve and did wrong; God will not forgive them, nor will He guide them to any way except the way of Hell, to dwell therein forever." (Quran 4:168-169)

"Surely, God has cursed the disbelievers, and has prepared for them a flaming Fire wherein they will abide for ever." (Quran 33:64)

"And whosoever disobeys God and His Messenger, then surely, for him is the fire of Hell, he shall dwell therein forever." (Quran 72:23)

God tells us that the dress of the people of Hell will be garments of fire tailored for them:

"…But those who disbelieved will have cut out for them garments of fire.  Poured upon their heads will be scalding water." (Quran 22:19)

"And you will see the criminals that Day bound together in shackles, their garments of liquid pitch (melted copper) and their faces covered by the Fire." (Quran 14:49-50)

"And the companions of the left – what are the companions of the left?  (They will be) in scorching fire and scalding water and a shade of black smoke, neither cool nor beneficial." (Quran 56:41-44)

But he whose balance (of good deeds) will be light, will have his home in a (bottomless) pit.  And what will explain to you what this is?  (It is) a Fire blazing fiercely." (Quran 101:8-11)

"Is that (Paradise) better as hospitality or the tree of zaqqum?  Indeed, We have made it a torment for the wrongdoers.  Indeed, it is a tree issuing from the bottom of the Hellfire, its emerging fruit as if it was heads of the devils.  And, indeed, they will eat from it and fill with it their bellies.  Then, indeed, they will have after it a mixture of scalding water.  Then, indeed, their return will be to the Hellfire." (Quran 37:62-68)

"Then indeed you, O those astray (who are) deniers, will be eating from trees of zaqqum and filling with it your bellies, and drinking on top of it from scalding water, and will drink as the drinking of thirsty camels.  That is their hospitality on the Day of Recompense." (Quran 56:51-56)

People of Hell will get so hungry that they will eat from the obnoxious tree of zaqqum.  When they will fill their bellies with it, it will start to churn like boiling oil causing immense suffering.  At that point they will rush to drink extremely hot water.  They will drink it like thirsty camels, yet it will never quench their thirst.  Rather their internals will be torn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bazzi_ said:

How bad does someone have to be to enter hellfire? I was reading a blogpost regarding Jahannam, and it got me thinking, how wretched, wicked, and evil does a person have to be to enter it? Description as follows.

These texts make it clear that Hell and Paradise exist, and that souls may enter them before the Day of Resurrection.  Speaking of Hell’s eternity, God says:

"They will long to leave the Fire, but never will they leave there from; and theirs will be a lasting torment." (Quran 5:37)

"…And they will never leave of the Fire." (Quran 2:167)

"Surely, those who disbelieve and did wrong; God will not forgive them, nor will He guide them to any way except the way of Hell, to dwell therein forever." (Quran 4:168-169)

"Surely, God has cursed the disbelievers, and has prepared for them a flaming Fire wherein they will abide for ever." (Quran 33:64)

"And whosoever disobeys God and His Messenger, then surely, for him is the fire of Hell, he shall dwell therein forever." (Quran 72:23)

God tells us that the dress of the people of Hell will be garments of fire tailored for them:

"…But those who disbelieved will have cut out for them garments of fire.  Poured upon their heads will be scalding water." (Quran 22:19)

"And you will see the criminals that Day bound together in shackles, their garments of liquid pitch (melted copper) and their faces covered by the Fire." (Quran 14:49-50)

"And the companions of the left – what are the companions of the left?  (They will be) in scorching fire and scalding water and a shade of black smoke, neither cool nor beneficial." (Quran 56:41-44)

But he whose balance (of good deeds) will be light, will have his home in a (bottomless) pit.  And what will explain to you what this is?  (It is) a Fire blazing fiercely." (Quran 101:8-11)

"Is that (Paradise) better as hospitality or the tree of zaqqum?  Indeed, We have made it a torment for the wrongdoers.  Indeed, it is a tree issuing from the bottom of the Hellfire, its emerging fruit as if it was heads of the devils.  And, indeed, they will eat from it and fill with it their bellies.  Then, indeed, they will have after it a mixture of scalding water.  Then, indeed, their return will be to the Hellfire." (Quran 37:62-68)

"Then indeed you, O those astray (who are) deniers, will be eating from trees of zaqqum and filling with it your bellies, and drinking on top of it from scalding water, and will drink as the drinking of thirsty camels.  That is their hospitality on the Day of Recompense." (Quran 56:51-56)

People of Hell will get so hungry that they will eat from the obnoxious tree of zaqqum.  When they will fill their bellies with it, it will start to churn like boiling oil causing immense suffering.  At that point they will rush to drink extremely hot water.  They will drink it like thirsty camels, yet it will never quench their thirst.  Rather their internals will be torn.

According to the Quran, hell is for those who waged war against Muhammad (pbuh) in his time. For those idol worshipers. For those who tried to burn Ibrahim (as). For those who did not aboard Nuh's (as) ark. Hell is for all people and jinn who disobeyed Allah during a prophet's time. It is also for terrorist groups, clearly anyone could know this without an explanation. For people like Saudi Arabia ( bombing Yemen ). Israel ( attacking Palestinians ) . List goes on and on and on. I'm sure if you sin quite a few times in your life, you will NOT enter hell. Always pray to Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì to forgive your sins.

Alhamdulillah! :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Hussaini624 said:

According to the Quran, hell is for those who waged war against Muhammad (pbuh) in his time. For those idol worshipers. For those who tried to burn Ibrahim (as). For those who did not aboard Nuh's (as) ark. Hell is for all people and jinn who disobeyed Allah during a prophet's time. It is also for terrorist groups, clearly anyone could know this without an explanation. For people like Saudi Arabia ( bombing Yemen ). Israel ( attacking Palestinians ) . List goes on and on and on. I'm sure if you sin quite a few times in your life, you will NOT enter hell. Always pray to Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì to forgive your sins.

Alhamdulillah! :grin:

Good thinking but Allah AWJ tells us not to take His mercy for granted. 

Even thought I have also read some verses where Allah AWJ says that "they will live in hell forever except if Allah wills otherwise". This is for those who believed in Allah and His Prophet and Ahlebait but did wrong to People took away their rights and killed and kidnapped people despite believers in Allah AWJ for them there is punishment of Hell but Allah AWJ will take them out after their punishment through the intercession of Ahlebait a.s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

Good thinking but Allah AWJ tells us not to take His mercy for granted. 

Even thought I have also read some verses where Allah AWJ says that "they will live in hell forever except if Allah wills otherwise". This is for those who believed in Allah and His Prophet and Ahlebait but did wrong to People took away their rights and killed and kidnapped people despite believers in Allah AWJ for them there is punishment of Hell but Allah AWJ will take them out after their punishment through the intercession of Ahlebait a.s. 

Yes, correct. Allah swt is the most merciful, but it is His decision, not ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hussaini624 said:

Yes, correct. Allah swt is the most merciful, but it is His decision, not ours.

Agree but saying that I will never go to Hell is doing His decision by ourselves. So, we must obey Him in this world so that He may not decide against us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...