Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
DigitalUmmah

Can we put weapons in our grave?

Rate this topic

Salam, Ya Ali (as) Madad, Lanat upon the enemies of the Ahlulbayt (as)

Aliun Wali Allah Wajib

BAR MUQASSIRREEN LANAT

I was having a discussion with a friend about Imam Mahdi (atfs) and he said that if he dies before the zuhoor, he wants me to bury him with a sword, shield, dagger and spear so if he is raised from his grave to fight, then he will have his weapons ready. 

I cant help but be impressed by his aqeeda mashaAllah, that even in death he wants to be in a state of intezar, but from our fiqh, what are the rulings, what can we put in/ on the kaffan when we bury? people are often buried with aqeeq rings and turbah, but how many other things can be put in the grave? can we put holy relics for eg. the flag above the dome of karbala, or do the standard rules of nijasah apply? 

That man has great Aqeedah Mashallah. I usually take all that into the shower

Facebook-685b62.png.e7d4dbf3cfddfcfe26a58cc4f3efbeae.png

But logically he will not need all that man. It will all play out according to Allah.

فقل انما للغيب لله فنتظروا اني مكعم من المنتظرين

The unseen is only for Allah, so tell your friend to chill out and not buy some old nuclear silo to be his grave 

He shouldn't worry about this stuff

Just now, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

He shouldn't worry about this stuff

I agree with his sentiment, not sure about his methods. 

we have established hadith where it is actually wajib to prepare for the Imam even if its so much as a single stick or arrow. we could easily say "oh when Imam (atfs) returns, all of us will be handed weapons and instantly become fully trained warriors". 

I could be wrong here, but is there not a line from either dua nudba or ahad, which says along the lines of "when I am raised from my grave may I be raised with a sword in one hand and a spear in the other" or words to that effect? 

1 hour ago, DigitalUmmah said:

I agree with his sentiment, not sure about his methods. 

we have established hadith where it is actually wajib to prepare for the Imam even if its so much as a single stick or arrow. we could easily say "oh when Imam (atfs) returns, all of us will be handed weapons and instantly become fully trained warriors". 

I could be wrong here, but is there not a line from either dua nudba or ahad, which says along the lines of "when I am raised from my grave may I be raised with a sword in one hand and a spear in the other" or words to that effect? 

I will Inshallah research this later. I have Dua Nudba at my house so when I get home I will check.

^That is Dua e Ahad. 

O Allah, if death that You have made inevitably and certainly incumbent upon Your servants stands between me and him, then (please do) take me out of my grave using my shroud as dress, unsheathing my sword, holding my lance in my hand, and responding to the call of the Caller who shall announce (his advent) in urban areas and deserts.

55 minutes ago, Lover of Ahlulbait (ams) said:

^That is Dua e Ahad. 

O Allah, if death that You have made inevitably and certainly incumbent upon Your servants stands between me and him, then (please do) take me out of my grave using my shroud as dress, unsheathing my sword, holding my lance in my hand, and responding to the call of the Caller who shall announce (his advent) in urban areas and deserts.

thanks man, I knew I was on the right track with that quote. 

does anyone know of any fiqh laws relating to what can/ cannot be put in our graves? 

If Allah swt raises the dead from the grave, giving them weapons will not be hard. That is my understanding at least.

As far as I know, the resurrected helpers of the ImamÚÌøá Çááøå ÝÑÌå ÇáÔÑíÝ will not be able to die until their mission is completed, if they fall during their mission, they will rise again.

On 4/25/2017 at 3:01 PM, DigitalUmmah said:

wants me to bury him with a sword, shield, dagger and spear so if he is raised from his grave to fight, then he will have his weapons ready

Dear brother in Islam,

It is neither recommended nor  necessary to put a weapon or sword in your grave. It seems what you have claimed in your message about your friend is unfounded and has no basis in our religious teachings.  There is no such tradition in our sources to indicate that such a practice is in order. 

What is recommended to place inside a grave with a dead body is a piece of turbah of Imam Hussein (AS) as well as two pieces of fresh and green wood that can be put near the head of the deceased individual.

Wassalam

For information about some rules of graves click on the following link:

http://islamportal.net/question/rules-seeing-grave

Edited by Jawid Akbari