Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Mohamed1993

What is the fate of righteous non-muslims?

Rate this topic

Alhamdulillah, I have encountered so many incredibly brave activists who are not muslims, but they stand up for justice more than our very own Shias do. Some of these people have even compromised on their careers to do what is right. What is their fate in the hereafter? I know Allah (S.w.t.) is merciful enough to grant them the reward that they do deserve, regardless of their faith, whether they are muslim/christian/jewish/hindu/buddhist/atheist. Given what is being done in the name of religion (ISIS/Zionism/Colonialism), I can understand how someone who isn't religious would be deterred from believing in religion, because he/she would see it as a source of violence, terrorism etc. I can also see someone who is born into another faith, would not take the time to research into other faiths. Alhamdulillah, I was very lucky to be born a Shia, and I would never convert to anything else, but if I was born a non-Shia, I am not sure I would revert to Shiism, probably because I would not look into it much. Surely a merciful Allah (S.w.t.) has a special place reserved for non-muslims who are open-minded, humble (people who just have not encountered the right sources and right guide, and/or haven't done enough research) and fight for the right causes which many Shias don't even do. What happens to these people? What makes me better than someone who is not a muslim but has done more for the oppressed than I could ever dream of? 

Edited by Mohamed1993

I think it is fitrah for human to seek justice. In our era of fast communication, informations are getting acceleratively increasing. This informations need light so human understand and go to the right path.

Salaam brother if their really stand up for justice and is righteous non muslims Allah Swt will guide them to the right path which is Islam like many non muslims who are already converted to Islam because Allah Swt guided them may Allah guide Mulims and non Muslims (:

Those who are ignorant of the message of Allah AWJ. They will be tried on the basis of Human rights. This is what our infallible Imams told us. However, in today's era, it is nearly impossible to be ignorant as almost all knowledge is at your doorsteps. But this is a matter, for which no one can guess but will be decided by God as He AWJ is the supreme Judge.

are u serious hahaha Shia always stand against oppression and tyranny what are u talking about and which non Muslims are u meaning they never stand they only party and enjoy their life very strange comments from u brother Shia are the only one who stand for justice and seeks for it if some non muslims do it it doesnt mean they are better then us we are on deen e haq religion of truth maybe we dont fulfill our duties but its doesnt do kafir better then a Muslim (:

9 minutes ago, Shahjee12145 said:

are u serious hahaha Shia always stand against oppression and tyranny what are u talking about

Bro which Shias do you speak to? I know many that can't care less about what happens around the world. 

11 minutes ago, Shahjee12145 said:

which non Muslims are u meaning they never stand they only party

Look up people like Norman Finkelstein, he praised Hezbollah in public in New York and explicitly said that as far as he was concerned, leaders in Washington and Tel Aviv could drop dead. He has praised Nasrallah so often. It actually cost him his job. Many of our Shia aalims don't go this far in the west for fear of potential consequences. Look up people like Miko Peled, son of former israeli general, he talks about Israel's oppression of Palestinians.  Look at journalists reporting from Syria letting us know what mainstream media won't say. Are these not people who stand against oppression brother? 

14 minutes ago, Shahjee12145 said:

if some non muslims do it it doesnt mean they are better then us we are on deen e haq

We may be the perfect religion, but only Allah knows how many of us practice it. Islam to me is a way of life, you can pray, fast, go to Haji, but if remembering the oppressed and helping the needy is not something you do as a Shia, will Allah see you as better than someone who's done more for subjugated people than you could have? I'm not so sure man. There are atheists who don't believe in God and have sold their souls to the world, these are in my view and according to some scholars the Kaafir, there are some atheists who just haven't found the truth, but are some of the greatest fighters for justice. I think Allah has a plan for them that we as humans do not know of. That's why we are not Allah, he knows best.

15 minutes ago, Mohamed1993 said:

Bro which Shias do you speak to? I know many that can't care less about what happens around the world. 

bro i know that many Shias nowadays dont care about anything before Shias was very different from now but it many Shias who protected BIbi Zainab Sa shrine and Imam Hussain AS shrine so u can find good Shias now also and hezbollah saraya salam and iraq milita of Shia is rising against isis which no other religion peoples or sect is doing only people who protect iraq is Shia look at abu azrael he is fighting against biggest threat to world peace nowadays isis/daesh so u can find good people and bad people in every sect and religion (:

18 minutes ago, Shahjee12145 said:

bro i know that many Shias nowadays dont care about anything before Shias was very different from now but it many Shias who protected BIbi Zainab Sa shrine and Imam Hussain AS shrine so u can find good Shias now also and hezbollah saraya salam and iraq milita of Shia is rising against isis which no other religion peoples or sect is doing only people who protect iraq is Shia look at abu azrael he is fighting against biggest threat to world peace nowadays isis/daesh so u can find good people and bad people in every sect and religion (:

Of course there are good Shias and you're right that they are at the forefront fighting tyranny. But the fight brother is not limited to military, spreading information is also key, let's not forget it wasn't just Imam Hussein's sword that saved Islam and humanity but also Bibi Zainab's sermons. Letting people know the truth is a part of the fight, especially in a part of the world filled with propaganda and distraction. Many non-Muslims are brave enough to stand with the truth despite the consequences it may have to their personal lives. 

Edited by Mohamed1993

1 minute ago, Mohamed1993 said:

Of course there are good Shias and you're right that they are at the forefront fighting tyranny. But the fight brother is not limited to military, spreading information, let's not forget it wasn't just Imam Hussein's sword that saved Islam and humanity but also Bibi Zainab's sermons. Letting people know the truth in a part of the fight, especially in a part of the world filled with propaganda and distraction. Many non-Muslims are brave enough to stand with the truth despite the consequences it may have to their personal lives. 

agree with u brother may Allah give us the chance to spread informative things which are good for people (:

I do kind of get your point. I am sure there are many non-muslims who might be far better than me and might of also done more for humanity then I will ever do. I am lucky to be born a shia I guess.

The truth is that there are so many factors to consider when deciding the fate of someone who happens to be  non-muslim. I prefer to stay silent and let Allah be the sole judge. Allah will not even do the slightest bit of injustice to anyone, so it is wrong to decide people's fate.

Also we muslims might be judged by Allah more since we were exposed to the right religion but failed to abide by its rules(if we are careless).

17 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Also we muslims might be judged by Allah more since we were exposed to the right religion but failed to abide by its rules(if we are careless).

^ Seems like those who are born Muslim are strict on themselves. 

17 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Allah will not even do the slightest bit of injustice to anyone, so it is wrong to decide people's fate.

^ This is true. Allah is always Just, Merciful, Forgiving, Kind ...

On 4/20/2017 at 8:02 AM, Mohamed1993 said:

Alhamdulillah, I have encountered so many incredibly brave activists who are not muslims, but they stand up for justice more than our very own Shias do. Some of these people have even compromised on their careers to do what is right. What is their fate in the hereafter? I know Allah (S.w.t.) is merciful enough to grant them the reward that they do deserve, regardless of their faith, whether they are muslim/christian/jewish/hindu/buddhist/atheist. Given what is being done in the name of religion (ISIS/Zionism/Colonialism), I can understand how someone who isn't religious would be deterred from believing in religion, because he/she would see it as a source of violence, terrorism etc. I can also see someone who is born into another faith, would not take the time to research into other faiths. Alhamdulillah, I was very lucky to be born a Shia, and I would never convert to anything else, but if I was born a non-Shia, I am not sure I would revert to Shiism, probably because I would not look into it much. Surely a merciful Allah (S.w.t.) has a special place reserved for non-muslims who are open-minded, humble (people who just have not encountered the right sources and right guide, and/or haven't done enough research) and fight for the right causes which many Shias don't even do. What happens to these people? What makes me better than someone who is not a muslim but has done more for the oppressed than I could ever dream of? 

Assalamu Alaikum, 

The hereafter is immortal, the destiny of mankind will either be in hellfire or in Paradise, in where they will eternally live. However, temporary torment takes place in Barzakh, where the great sinners of Shia Muslims might be temporarily tortured, while in the hereafter those Shias, who have conformed to the genuine Islamic beliefs without any distortion or falsification will be granted the intercession of Muhammad and his pure family (peace be upon them) and dwell in Paradise. 

Those who have not reached the truth and are not aware of their ignorance (Qasirs) from amongst the opponents of AhlulBayt (peace be upon them) will be trialled in the hereafter, after which some will go to paradise while others to hell, but as the brother said:

On 4/20/2017 at 9:29 AM, Sindbad05 said:

Those who are ignorant of the message of Allah AWJ. They will be tried on the basis of Human rights. This is what our infallible Imams told us. However, in today's era, it is nearly impossible to be ignorant as almost all knowledge is at your doorsteps. But this is a matter, for which no one can guess but will be decided by God as He AWJ is the supreme Judge.

La ilahe ilallah wa Muhammadan rasulullah wa Aliyan waliullah Ya Ali

With regards to Surah Zalzalah Ayah 7-8, where Allah (the Mighty) says:

فَمَن يَعمَل مِثقالَ ذَرَّةٍ خَيرًا يَرَهُ

So whoever does an atom’s weight of good will see it

وَمَن يَعمَل مِثقالَ ذَرَّةٍ شَرًّا يَرَهُ

and whoever does an atom’s weight of evil will see it.

(translation: Ali Qara'i)

Imam al-Baqir (blessings be upon him) narrates:

"If a person from the people of the Fire had performed an iota of good in this world, he will see it on the Day of Resurrection, and regretfully see that he had done it for other than Allah. A person from the people of Paradise will see his evil on the Day of Resurrection, then Allah will forgive him."

وفي رواية أبي الجارود عن أبي جعفر (عليه السلام) في قوله فمن يعمل مثقال ذرة خيرا يره يقول ان كان من اهل النار وكان قد عمل في الدنيا مثقال ذرة خيرا يره يوم القيامة حسرة انه كان عمله لغير الله، ومن يعمل مثقال ذرة شرا يره يقول إذا كان من أهل الجنة رأى ذلك الشر يوم القيامة ثم غفر الله تعالى له.

(Quoted by Ahl al-Bayt Daily on facebook on Feb 10, 2017, from Tafsir al-Qummi)

Intentions matter and Allah (the Exalted) knows best the hidden as well as the manifested.

On 2017-4-20 at 2:02 AM, Mohamed1993 said:

If the people have never heard about the revelation of Islam then they will go to heaven. If they did hear about the revelations of Islam then Allah will cast them into hell unless if they have even an atoms weight of faith then will leave. "Non-righteous" people will not have their deeds counted because their deeds are vain, Allah commanded his believers to do good but their good deeds have no meaning or purpose. 

سلامٌ عليكم 

Somewhere deep down we believe we are the chosen ones and everyone else will be weighed on the same scale. We also decide the measuring units for this scale namely "Usul-e-deen" & "Fur-e-deen" and since not even a single non-Muslim will be eligible for all the units mentioned in the scale (forget about scoring), some of the eligible members declare everything non-eligible members do will be of no use in the hereafter.

The real question we should be asking is, "Is following few fundamentals of our religion enough for us to receive eternal rewards from Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì? 

2 hours ago, E.L King said:

The deeds of the kafir is in vain. The only kuffar that are saved are the mustad'afeen. 

This is a good article:

https://purifiedhousehold.com/salvation-of-non-shias/

So then how is that just? Look, its easy for us to sit here and say that other people can do their research and find that Shiism is the absolute truth. But picture yourself born into a non-muslim family, where you may not be muslim but you believe in doing humanitarian work etc. How is it fair that having never had the thought to convert to Islam or simply having not been convinced of it by the evidence you've seen, you would end up in hell? So is everyone's fate just based on luck, either a) you're born a Shia or (b) you're lucky enough to encounter a speaker or a source that convinces you to convert to it, that is if you're able to get past the negative propaganda and make an active effort to look into it. I don't know man, a merciful Allah knows best I think. 

Edited by Mohamed1993

5 hours ago, ShiaBrother12 said:

If they did hear about the revelations of Islam

And what if they did hear, but the sources they heard did not convince them, not out of their arrogance, but maybe because they just didn't find the right information/source that was able to convince them. Plus, in the environment we live in today, where Islam is demonized, people hear the wrong stuff anyway, so they have to deprogram all the stuff they've heard in addition to learning the truth. Its easy for me to sit and say, they can do that no problem, but I am born a Shia, who knows what its like not to be born as one. 

1 hour ago, Mohamed1993 said:

And what if they did hear, but the sources they heard did not convince them, not out of their arrogance, but maybe because they just didn't find the right information/source that was able to convince them. Plus, in the environment we live in today, where Islam is demonized, people hear the wrong stuff anyway, so they have to deprogram all the stuff they've heard in addition to learning the truth. Its easy for me to sit and say, they can do that no problem, but I am born a Shia, who knows what its like not to be born as one. 

If they deny the ayat then no salvation will come to them whether they are arrogant or not even if they hear that Allah is only one god and Muhammad is his messenger and they deny that then still Allah will seal their hearts. If they are willing to learn more and believe in it then Allah will put them on a path to learn more. Verily, Allah guides the believers. 

On 4/19/2017 at 11:02 PM, Mohamed1993 said:

There are some hadiths I have read that describes this but I cant find them right now but basically from what I have heard is non muslims who are righteous have their own test in the hereafter and inshallah can go to heaven

2 hours ago, Mohamed1993 said:

It is a responsibility of a believer that with his or her conduct, non-believers are intrigued & approach you to know more about what you believe in, of course after they are fascinated by the way you live your life!

But what do "believers" do?

Take an example of one of the Arab states - Once you reach the immigration point at the airport, their arrogance reflects from the way they treat you as a guest to their country. Not a good and an impressive start to make a non-believer ask you, "So tell me more about what you believe in?"

1 hour ago, ShiaBrother12 said:

If they deny the ayat t

After he sees how a believer is conducting his day to day business in a just manner, how he is treating his neighbors with compassion, how he is working with all honesty, how he treats other fellow humans with dignity, how he treats his family with love.... and more 

6 hours ago, Mohamed1993 said:

So then how is that just? Look, its easy for us to sit here and say that other people can do their research and find that Shiism is the absolute truth. But picture yourself born into a non-muslim family, where you may not be muslim but you believe in doing humanitarian work etc. How is it fair that having never had the thought to convert to Islam or simply having not been convinced of it by the evidence you've seen, you would end up in hell? So is everyone's fate just based on luck, either a) you're born a Shia or (b) you're lucky enough to encounter a speaker or a source that convinces you to convert to it, that is if you're able to get past the negative propaganda and make an active effort to look into it. I don't know man, a merciful Allah knows best I think. 

If you did not hear about Islam that is a different story than not being convinced. The people who the Prophets were sent to also were not "convinced". 

Now, you might say that there is propaganda against Islam which is turning people off, whether or not that will be a factor in the Afterlife, we will see.

Everyone should make an effort to search for the truth.

31 minutes ago, E.L King said:

If you did not hear about Islam that is a different story than not being convinced. The people who the Prophets were sent to also were not "convinced". 

Now, you might say that there is propaganda against Islam which is turning people off, whether or not that will be a factor in the Afterlife, we will see.

Everyone should make an effort to search for the truth.

They had a live example though in that case, we have imam Mahdi now but he is in Ghaybah and as someone has already pointed out, the hypocrisy of some "Muslim" nations doesn't exactly help people who are actively looking for a source of truth. I can understand people who turn down imam Mahdi after seeing his character and his message as being unworthy of Allah's mercy.

2 minutes ago, Mohamed1993 said:

They had a live example though in that case, we have imam Mahdi now but he is in Ghaybah and as someone has already pointed out, the hypocrisy of some "Muslim" nations doesn't exactly help people who are actively looking for a source of truth. I can understand people who turn down imam Mahdi after seeing his character and his message as being unworthy of Allah's mercy.

It may be that those who are not stubborn kuffar but were simply fooled by propaganda against Islam even though they tried all they can to search for the truth, may suffer a different fate.

On 6/12/2017 at 10:16 PM, Mohamed1993 said:

To be fair, it's highly unlikely that someone who is genuinely looking for the truth will see the hypocricy nowadays and label that as what the religion of Islam stands for. 

In a ziayarat that is widely recited, we say Peace be upon you O Imam (may Allah the Exalted protect him and hasten his reappearance) of the humans and the jinn!

He is not only for Shia Muslims, but for everyone.