Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
AliMohammed

The accusations of the atheist's

Rate this topic

I start this in the Name of Allah the most beneficent the most Merciful all praise is due to Him Master of all the worlds.

I was listening through a lecture about atheism and etc, and i came about this accusation from one atheist who explained why God is not beneficent nor merciful (naudhubillaah) by stating that for example bone cancer in children is something that is ruthless and kills without the fault of the person, and is not in our control... 

How do we Muslims reply to this crooked accusation and how do we debunk it? How can we prove Allah's goodness even with the existence of cancer's etc...

Jazakallah...

By the way this is the video

3 minutes ago, AliMohammed said:

I start this in the Name of Allah the most beneficent the most Merciful all praise is due to Him Master of all the worlds.

I was listening through a lecture about atheism and etc, and i came about this accusation from one atheist who explained why God is not beneficent nor merciful (naudhubillaah) by stating that for example bone cancer in children is something that is ruthless and kills without the fault of the person, and is not in our control... 

How do we Muslims reply to this crooked accusation and how do we debunk it? How can we prove Allah's goodness even with the existence of cancer's etc...

Jazakallah...

I do not see it as a 'crooked accusation'. I see it as a genuine question and concern and I respond as follows: 

Stephen's argument revolves around the premise that we have been created as a reflection of God in this universe. Therefore, any fault within this system of creation is a fault and a weakness of the entity of God. But a fundamental principle of Abrahamic religions is being ignored here. What Stephen completely ignores is the Abrahamic principle that this Earthly life is a short-term livelihood in which Men/People (human beings) have been given half the authority so as to choose their fate + that of their fellow beings, and the remaining half is beyond their control. This is how human beings are tested with their super powers of will and determination + non-superpower of fate.....

So when someone is born blind or with a bone cancer..... yes the Earthly suffering is great in magnitude and in comparison to many others living a normal life. But those of us with more blessings, are more liable for every step/decision we take......In simple words, those who suffer and receive fewer opportunities in this world are less likely to be questioned a lot on the day of judgment [the ultimate goal of this life being].

1 hour ago, AliMohammed said:

Jazakallah...

Diseases are sometimes trials and sometimes due to our own mistakes.

Whose responsibility is to spend the wealth not on making nuclear and radioactive materials which cause Leukemia aka blood cancer and spend money on finding the cures rather than making nuclear bombs which are later to be disposed off due to cut-off agreements. Thousands of bombs have been neutralized by USA and Russia due to START, and SALT treaties, why made it in first place. 

Allah AWJ created diseases so that He AWJ may try some among us as to know who is going to spend on the medications of the patients. 

Edited by Sindbad05

God is magnificent in the way that he gave you life but you did not have concern for those children who die in Africa and die due to minor diseases and instead of working out for them, you live in lavish life in cold areas of Britain and USA while the Children in Africa and Asia are burning under bombs. God asks you to show your humanity with what you have but you just know only to oppose Him even though he gave you voice to support for oppressed, you feel proud to speak against Him. That is why He AWJ calls that most of Humans are unthankful. Shame on such a liar. He want you to show some humanity, if you are not human why should he put you in heaven and why should not He put you in Hell. Because in this life, you just go on saying that He has not done any good to you. if it was his duty to provide you everything and do not let you depend on each other, how could you have been able to obtain knowledge about yourself and Him that you are creation and He is God. 

God has already provided cures  for every disease and now no one can argue with Him as to why did he created diseases. And if on the day of Judgement, He asks this idiot that go to hell on account of allegations imposed on God, he would have no argument left even on the basis of diseases because God will ask him why did not you use cures which I provided to cure the children and diseased. 

As one person put it - we aren't Gods pets!  God didnt make us so that he could look after us like some pet owner looks after their pet kitten.  He made us to give us the opportunity to become great beings.  

God through his mercy and kindness created us and given us the opportunity to grow spiritually and morally, and that is the purpose of being here on Earth.  Pain and suffering are opportunities for us to grow and become better people.  

When we get sick, its an opportunity to be patient and turn to God, and when others (including children) get sick, its an opportunity to show compassion, mercy, and also to be patient in a different way.  God wants us to grow and become greater beings, and disease, pain and suffering give us opportunities to do that.  It's up to us to seize these opportunities, and to react to them in the right way.

These means that suffering is justified without it being necessary for it to be our fault.  

What about kids who are too young to be able to benefit from these trials?  Or animals?  Firstly, these are tests and  opportunities for other people e.g parents, siblings, with wider community.  And secondly, God will compensate them for their suffering to the extent that they would wish they suffered a thousand times more during their life on Earth.  This includes animals.

Anyway, it quite clear that Stephen Fry has so much hatred in his heart towards religion that he is incapable of thinking through these questions rationally.  Emotion is clouding his judgement.  May God guide him.

Edited by .InshAllah.

4 hours ago, AliMohammed said:

Jazakallah...

Salaam,

This is one of the most common accusations against God - why is there poverty, why sickness, etc.

1) A God who grants life has the right to end life as He sees fit and when He sees fit.

2) Apart from birth and death, God has left us alone. Everything that happens to people is a result of direct action they take or an indirect result of someone else's action. Simplest example is that if a chain smoker gets lung cancer, does he blame God or himself? Similarly, while we may not know the cause of bone cancer in a child, there would have to be mitigating circumstances causing cancer or other disease.

3) The real issue most atheists have is with finite life. Let's say there was no death. Earth would be overpopulated them. Let's say God decreed that everyone would live to 100 and then die. Every single atheist would complain or demand 110 years, etc.

4) The main problem atheists have is their lack of control over life which is the biggest proof of God in the first place. Evil exists because Free Will exists.