Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
sidnaq

am i hard hearted?

Rate this topic

why do i feel hard hearted?why doesnt the shia duas and other things, have that effect on me like it does on other people.I feel it could be because of my sins, i always felts that for a sin thati do, i end up feeling like most of the punishment comes right away.Is this a thing or what can i do about it?

Edited by sidnaq

If you're wondering why your duas are not being answered, ask yourself this, do you as an individual deserve Allah's mercy? If Allah grants you his mercy, will you be loyal to Him? Have you sincerely repented to Allah for the sins you've committed? What things can you work on to please Allah and become deserving of His help?

45 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

why do i feel hard hearted?why doesnt the shia duas and other things, have that effect on me like it does on other people.I feel it could be because of my sins, i always felts that for a sin thati do, i end up feeling like most of the punishment comes right away.Is this a thing or what can i do about it?

Just have faith that these duas will do good for you. Only thing which helps to get your duas accepted is to believe that it will happen. 

Don't be harsh on yourself. Some things take time, some aren't meant to be. 

When you ask for something from Allah, you're supposed to believe He'll answer. A Dua you're doubtful of can never be strong enough. Do you really believe others aren't sinful? Allah knows best and He makes the best decisions for His people. Your part is only to ask and believe. If something didn't happen, maybe something better is waiting for you in a distant future. 

Also, reciting Dua may help, but you need to change something in your life to make it work. Depending on what you asked for, if you try to achieve it, you'll end up getting closer to it and Allah will guide you.

Let's say I make Dua to have a righteous heart. It won't just happen out of the blue. I'll make sure I pray Nafilah prayers along with the obligatory ones. I'll try to help people whenever I can. I'll volunteer in community services. I'll attend religious lectures. I'll recite the Qur'an. Perhaps, join a community of people with the same goal.

Once you make a Dua, you're asking for a "+1" in something. But you need something to add that "1" to. But if that Dua doesn't come true, hope that it will in the future. If it still doesn't and you've run out of patience, it's probably because it wasn't meant for you. As Allah says in the Qur'an: "But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not."

So, hope for the best!

Salam!

Edited by Shian e Ali

Hard heartedness is not your fault someone wants you to be this way curse your enemies openly and also the enemies of rasoollah muhamad mustafa peace be upon him and you will be fine.

After Namaz, go in sajdah and talk to Allah, ask Him to forgive you for the sins, ask His forgiveness to be not able to thank Him enough for His bounties. 

Talk to Imam of our time. Make his presence felt all the day. Read or Listen Dua e Kumail and try and understand it's meaning and simultaneously think about the sins and how you crossed limits living in His kingdom. 

Edited by Lover of Ahlulbait (ams)

11 hours ago, sidnaq said:

Keep up your daily Salat, supplicate to Allah asking for guidance and practice ascetism. 

14 hours ago, sidnaq said:

Recite 'astagfar' after every salah.

On 4/16/2017 at 2:39 AM, sidnaq said:

I wouldn't strain myself worrying about hard-heartedness because you know it is not exactly a quantifiable thing. You could spend your whole life trying to feel that specific way that you are expecting to feel.Of course, you can tell if a person is hard-hearted like Donald Trump by their clearly selfish and immoral actions and a clear indicator of a hard heart is a lack of compassion towards others.

The Duas left to us by the Imams are very powerful teachings and teach spiritual realities that can touch your heart if you read the meanings and then go and think about it deeply. Similarly, with the Quran if you read it and learn its meanings and slowly ponder upon it every day, you will feel awe in your heart.

Lastly i recommend dhikr especially reciting certain names of Allah, and the best time is coming for us all inshallah during Ramadan.