Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why was Abu Bakr absent from the Prophet's burial?

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Basic Members

The Sunni excuse is:

Quote

Abu Bakr and Umar were not at the Prophet's (saww) burial because the issue of the khilafa was so important for the survival of the ummah that they could not delay it at all.

Mashallah. Abu Bakr and Umar had such amazing foresight and wisdom. If only the Prophet (saww) had as much foresight as the shaykhayn. He could have appointed a successor himself and prevented any possible disaster...

 

So my dear Sunni brothers and sisters, why were Abu Bakr and Umar absent from the Prophet's (saww) burial? Either

  1. The Prophet (saww) did not realize he left the ummah on the verge of fitnah. Abu Bakr and Umar were absent from the Prophet's (saww) burial to save the ummah from fitnah.
  2. The Prophet (saww) left the ummah as Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì commanded. Abu Bakr and Umar did not have to be absent from the Prophet's (saww) burial, so they were absent for personal reasons.
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, zyzz said:

The Sunni excuse is:

Mashallah. Abu Bakr and Umar had such amazing foresight and wisdom. If only the Prophet (saww) had as much foresight as the shaykhayn. He could have appointed a successor himself and prevented any possible disaster...

 

So my dear Sunni brothers and sisters, why were Abu Bakr and Umar absent from the Prophet's (saww) burial? Either

  1. The Prophet (saww) did not realize he left the ummah on the verge of fitnah. Abu Bakr and Umar were absent from the Prophet's (saww) burial to save the ummah from fitnah.
  2. The Prophet (saww) left the ummah as Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì commanded. Abu Bakr and Umar did not have to be absent from the Prophet's (saww) burial, so they were absent for personal reasons.

Salaam brother the Quran says the people who lefts Prophet burial is out of Islam it means kharijee he has become so how can 3 kharijee be caliph of Muslims i want to ask my sunni brothers about it thanks for taking this topic up may Allah bless u brother (:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Basic Members
Quote

Alternatively, being the D's advocate:

"They would have been at the janaza but since a group of Ansaar wanted to rule, Abu Bakar and Umar decided someone needs to stop them, and since the funeral had occupied the seniors of Bani Hashim, they took it on themselves to go to the Saqeefa and settle the matter."

No this is the same as answer number 1. Essentially, this is saying "a group of Ansar wanted to rule. But this would have caused fitnah. Therefore, Abu Bakr and Umar decided to stop them to save the ummah from fitnah." Why else would Abu Bakr and Umar decide to skip the janaza to crash the Ansar's meeting? (from the Sunni perspective of course. From the Shia perspective, the answer is obvious)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Basic Members
Quote

Sunni perspective: to stop the Ansaar from seeking leadership away from Qureysh. The Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله had stated that the leadership was from Qureysh not Ansaar.

First of all, the Ansar were picking a leader amongst themselves, not the entire ummah. They believed that after the death of the Prophet (saww), each tribe should govern itself.

Secondly, if the Ansar did choose a leader, what would have happened? Would it have caused fitnah? If so, then you are saying that the Prophet (saww) did not realize the situation he put his ummah in, (I.e., on the verge of fitnah) while Abu Bakr and Umar did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Basic Members

Dear Sunni brothers and sisters. Please come and clarify your positions. Why didn't the Prophet (saww) do anything (according to you) to prevent the possibility of civil war before he passed away? As brother explained, Abu Bakr and Umar certainly recognized the urgent need for a successor.

On 4/16/2017 at 6:32 AM, Shahjee12145 said:

Salaam brother the Qur'an says the people who lefts Prophet burial is out of Islam it means kharijee he has become so how can 3 kharijee be caliph of Muslims I want to ask my Sunni brothers about it thanks for taking this topic up may Allah bless u brother (:

Forgive me brother, I forgot to return your salaam. Walaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On April 16, 2017 at 7:32 AM, Shahjee12145 said:

Salaam brother the Quran says the people who lefts Prophet burial is out of Islam it means kharijee he has become so how can 3 kharijee be caliph of Muslims i want to ask my sunni brothers about it thanks for taking this topic up may Allah bless u brother (:

Proof?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
On 16/04/2017 at 10:15 AM, zyzz said:

So my dear Sunni brothers and sisters, why were Abu Bakr and Umar absent from the Prophet's (saww) burial? Eithe

First provide your evidence based on which you are making this claim that Abu Bakr and Umar (May Allah be well pleased with them both) were absent at the Prophet`s (Peace and blessings be upon him) funeral.  

Quote

First of all, the Ansar were picking a leader amongst themselves, not the entire ummah. They believed that after the death of the Prophet (saww), each tribe should govern itself.

Again provide your evidence please. 

Edited by Student_of_Deen
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
On 16/04/2017 at 5:02 PM, Shahjee12145 said:

Salaam brother the Quran says the people who lefts Prophet burial is out of Islam it means kharijee he has become so how can 3 kharijee be caliph of Muslims i want to ask my sunni brothers about it thanks for taking this topic up may Allah bless u brother (:

First of all I challenge any Shi`a here to prove that Abu Bakr as Siddiq, Umar al farooq and Usman Zunnurain (May Allah be well pleased with them all) were absent. Secondly I would like to ask you to show me where in the holy Qu`ran it says those who left the Prophet`s (Peace and blessings be upon him) are khwarij.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i challenge you to show me where was omar abu bakr and Uthman in funreal of Prophet Muhammad Saww and who lefts Prophet Muhammad Saww in difficult times is ofcourse a khwarij and kafir and mushrik and fasiq and traitor and they run away from badr uhud khandaq and khaybar war also so do they deserve to be caliph its my question to u my dear brother? :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
7 minutes ago, Shahjee12145 said:

i challenge you to show me where was omar abu bakr and Uthman in funreal of Prophet Muhammad Saww and who lefts Prophet Muhammad Saww in difficult times is ofcourse a khwarij and kafir and mushrik and fasiq and traitor and they run away from badr uhud khandaq and khaybar war also so do they deserve to be caliph its my question to u my dear brother? :)

So instead of backing your words with evidence, you respond to a challenge with another challenge ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Narrated Hisham's father:

Aisha said, "I went to Abu Bakr (during his fatal illness) and he asked me, 'In how many garments was the Prophet shrouded?' She replied, 'In three Sahuliya pieces of white cloth of cotton, and there was neither a shirt nor a turban among them.' Abu Bakr further asked her, 'On which day did the Prophet die?' She replied, 'He died on Monday.' He asked, 'What is today?' She replied, 'Today is Monday.' He added, 'I hope I shall die sometime between this morning and tonight.' Then he looked at a garment that he was wearing during his illness and it had some stains of saffron. Then he said, 'Wash this garment of mine and add two more garments and shroud me in them.' I said, 'This is worn out.' He said, 'A living person has more right to wear new clothes than a dead one; the shroud is only for the body's pus.' He did not die till it was the night of Tuesday and was buried before the morning."
Sahih Bukhari Volume 2, Book 23, Number 469 here is the proof brother and u guys never belive even someone gives proof but u insist so here u go

Link to post
Share on other sites

Abu Bakr inquired about the number of garments in which the Prophet was buried in.  What did he not know this himself?  This proves that he did not partake in the burial rites of Rasulullah (s). One should point out that during that time there was no concept of coffins, you would be buried in a simple shroud and thereafter lowered in to a grave.  If Abu Bakr was indeed present at the burial he would have known for certain the type of shroud in which Rasulullah (s) was buried.  Hads he participated in the funeral itself this reality would have been there before his very eyes.

He would not need to ask if he had partaken in the shrouding process.   Of course Ibn al Hashimi seeks to explain his absence from the washing rites…

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Shahjee12145 said:

Narrated Hisham's father:

Aisha said, "I went to Abu Bakr (during his fatal illness) and he asked me, 'In how many garments was the Prophet shrouded?' She replied, 'In three Sahuliya pieces of white cloth of cotton, and there was neither a shirt nor a turban among them.' Abu Bakr further asked her, 'On which day did the Prophet die?' She replied, 'He died on Monday.' He asked, 'What is today?' She replied, 'Today is Monday.' He added, 'I hope I shall die sometime between this morning and tonight.' Then he looked at a garment that he was wearing during his illness and it had some stains of saffron. Then he said, 'Wash this garment of mine and add two more garments and shroud me in them.' I said, 'This is worn out.' He said, 'A living person has more right to wear new clothes than a dead one; the shroud is only for the body's pus.' He did not die till it was the night of Tuesday and was buried before the morning."
Sahih Bukhari Volume 2, Book 23, Number 469 here is the proof brother and u guys never belive even someone gives proof but u insist so here u go

Abu Bakr inquired about the number of garments in which the Prophet was buried in.  What did he not know this himself?  This proves that he did not partake in the burial rites of Rasulullah (s). One should point out that during that time there was no concept of coffins, you would be buried in a simple shroud and thereafter lowered in to a grave.  If Abu Bakr was indeed present at the burial he would have known for certain the type of shroud in which Rasulullah (s) was buried.  Hads he participated in the funeral itself this reality would have been there before his very eyes.

He would not need to ask if he had partaken in the shrouding process.   Of course Ibn al Hashimi seeks to explain his absence from the washing rites…

How did you came to the conclusion that he asked about the number of garments therefore he was not absent at the funeral ? Do you know about his illness ? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, Shahjee12145 said:

Imam Ibn Hajar Asqalani and Allamah Badruddin al-Aini records:

لأنه لم يحضر ذلك لاشتغاله بأمر البيعة

‘He (Abu Bakar) didn’t attend (the funeral) because he was busy with Baya’

WHERE did Imam Ibn Hajar Asqalani and Allamah Badruddin recorded it ?

4 minutes ago, Shahjee12145 said:

i have more proof if u want please tell brother :)

No brother, In`sha Allah we`ll consider one of your many proofs at a time

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, Shahjee12145 said:

and what about Islamic wars where was Uthman omar abu bakr in Islamic major wars please tell me brother?

Open a separate thread if you want to discuss that brother. Now please stay on the topic and answer my question. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
11 minutes ago, Shahjee12145 said:

brother i dont ignore but i find it no point to give proof because u guys will never believe so its no point :)

No brother, you`re just afraid people will disprove your interpretation and logic.

 And now for the third time and final time i`m asking you. if you didn`t answered me this time then I won`t ask you another time and wait for the op to give his evidence to prove his accusations/claims.

How did you came to the conclusion that he asked about the number of garments therefore he was not absent at the funeral ? Do you know about his illness ? 

 
Edited by Student_of_Deen
Link to post
Share on other sites

how will i know brother do u know about his illness? i was not there so how can i know but abu bakr asked ayesha many times about how they buried Prophet Saww and if he was there he would not have asked her so many times about number of garments its what i believe and but your scholars says even that he was not there and was in saqifah to decide about caliphate brother :)

Edited by Shahjee12145
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Student_of_Deen said:

No brother, you`re just afraid people will disprove your interpretation and logic.

 And now for the third time and final time i`m asking you. if you didn`t answered me this time then I won`t ask you another time and wait for the op to give his evidence to prove his accusations/claims.

How did you came to the conclusion that he asked about the number of garments therefore he was not absent at the funeral ? Do you know about his illness ? 

 

brother u have not given any reference or proof either that he was there and not in saqifah to decide about caliphate

Link to post
Share on other sites

overall abu bakr and omar and uthman never deserved the caliphate because they dont have any impact on Islam whatsoever they did was for themself and not for Islam and secondly there was many other companions of Prophet Muhammad Saww who done so much for Islam why didnt they get caliphate like Hazrat Salman Farsi (RA) Hazrat Miqdad (RA) and Hazrat Ammar ibn Yasir (RA) you guys only sticks to 3 companions when Prophet had more companions then 3 so its time to find the truth which is in your books brother but u dont want to believe in anything.

Edited by Shahjee12145
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Student_of_Deen said:

How did you came to the conclusion that he asked about the number of garments therefore he was not absent at the funeral ? Do you know about his illness ? 

What was his illness?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
18 minutes ago, Shahjee12145 said:

brother u have not given any reference or proof either that he was there and not in saqifah to decide about caliphate

No they waited patiently till the funeral was over and then asked Imam Ali a.s. to come with them but he a.s. refused. Then they rushed to Saqifah to save the well-being of the Ummah.

Edited by Faruk
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Shahjee12145 said:

how will i know brother do u know about his illness? i was not there so how can i know but abu bakr asked ayesha many times about how they buried Prophet Saww and if he was there he would not have asked her so many times about number of garments its what i believe and but your scholars says even that he was not there and was in saqifah to decide about caliphate brother :)

Brother do everyone a favour and discuss one thing at a time. You`re writing 4-5 replies together and saying many different things at a time. 

Anyways I`m not asking about the underlying cause of his condition (high fever) because obviously we can`t know that. But the hadith itself says he was suffering from high fever and he was bed ridden because of it. 

Now imagine yourself in his position, living the last few hours of your life while being weakened by fever. Is it wrong if in order to confirm (so hopefully he can die the same day and be shrouded in the same clothes) he asked his daughter about the Prophet`s (Peace be upon him) day of demise and the clothes he was shrouded in ? 

How did you came to the conclusion that just because he asked about it on his deathbed therefore it proves he was not there ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Shahjee12145 said:

overall abu bakr and omar and uthman never deserved the caliphate because they dont have any impact on Islam whatsoever they did was for themself and not for Islam and secondly there was many other companions of Prophet Muhammad Saww who done so much for Islam why didnt they get caliphate like Hazrat Salman Farsi (RA) Hazrat Miqdad (RA) and Hazrat Ammar ibn Yasir (RA) you guys only sticks to 3 companions when Prophet had more companions then 3 so its time to find the truth which is in your books brother but u dont want to believe in anything.

I would be careful with this line of argument. They took the advice of Ali ibn Abi Talib a.s in a number of cases, and people can point to the lands they took over, and how islam had spread - patiularly in the caliphate of the second of them.

This is not a good thing, there are men who can do this who are good and who are bad. Taking over lands is not a testament to ones character, piety, righteousness and devotion to islam.

I believe the most effective way to debate sunni brothers/sisters on this is by comparing the third Caliph, Uthman ibn Affan, to Ali ibn Abi Talib a.s. Compare their batle history the key moments they had in islam during the lifetime of the prophet [saw], and their own dispute and arguments. And then, many of them - at least in their hearts- will question on what basis Uthman ibn Affan was superior to Ali a.s?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...