In the Name of God بسم الله

Nawroz and Islam

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

My question is regarding the hijri shamsi new year. I know that it starts the same date as hijri qamari but it is based on the moving of the earth in regards to the sun and not the moon. Now my question is what Ahlulbayt have said about celebrating Nawruz and is it incouraged or discouraged?

• Forum Administrators
1 hour ago, yaAllah4ever said:

Now my question is what Ahlulbayt have said about celebrating Nawruz and is it incouraged or discouraged?

Nowruz is a cultural celebration that existed before Islam, however Ahlul Bayt AS knew about Nowruz. Special amal such as taking a ghusl and doing good deeds are encouraged. 

Sheikh Tusi (460 H.), narrated a hadith in Misbah Al-Mutehajjid from Mu’alla bin Khanees, from Imam Sadeq AS, and again, in Muhadhab, the same narrator narrates from Imam Sadeq AS.  You can read this in the special topic Important Questions - ANSWERED! 

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235042512-important-questions-answered/?do=findComment&comment=3019434