Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
sefket83

Does it matter which muslim recites the Quran?

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, sefket83 said:

Salam

I am listening to shia reciting because I think it affects the mind who recites the Quran but I also know this might be extreme. What do you say?

A believer who recites the Qur'an is like an orange whose fragrance is sweet and whose taste is sweet; a believer who does not recite the Qur'an is like a date which has no fragrance but has a sweet taste; and the hypocrite who recites the Qur'an is like a basil whose fragrance is sweet, but whose taste is bitter; and a hypocrite who does not recite the Qur'an is like the colocynth which has no fragrance and has a bitter taste.

The heart of any man is concealed to all but Allah SWT,  Allah's word in the Quran transcends beyond who is reading it, the fact anyone reads it at all is a miracle.

An ignorant evil person now can be reformed tomorrow. The same of the converse, a decent person who recites today could make a decision compromising everything tomorrow.

Unless you've weighed every good and bad deed and made the conclusion the person is worthy of listening to, then I suggest you strive to weigh your own sins and recite it to yourself.  You, me, her, and everyone has sins pile to the skies regardless.

In short, it's a stretch I don't think it matters so as long recitation is on point.

40 minutes ago, Faruk said:

A believer who recites the Qur'an is like an orange whose fragrance is sweet and whose taste is sweet; a believer who does not recite the Qur'an is like a date which has no fragrance but has a sweet taste; and the hypocrite who recites the Qur'an is like a basil whose fragrance is sweet, but whose taste is bitter; and a hypocrite who does not recite the Qur'an is like the colocynth which has no fragrance and has a bitter taste.

agreed to that bro. 

Salam,

So when you hear a recitation, do you wait until you know the sect of the reciter before you decide if you like it or not?

It is a position that doesn't make any sense, whilst I agree that there are some verses which will be recited with different interruptions depending on the beliefs of the one reciting it, all in all the heart should be attracted to the most beautiful recitation.

Just now, Ali_Hussain said:

Salam,

So when you hear a recitation, do you wait until you know the sect of the reciter before you decide if you like it or not?

It is a position that doesn't make any sense, whilst I agree that there are some verses which will be recited with different interruptions depending on the beliefs of the one reciting it, all in all the heart should be attracted to the most beautiful recitation.

Brother, really to be honest, why would the lover of Ahlebait a.s would listen to the recitation of that who hates Ahlebait a.s and did not know the meaning of what he is reciting. 

3 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

Brother, really to be honest, why would the lover of Ahlebait a.s would listen to the recitation of that who hates Ahlebait a.s and did not know the meaning of what he is reciting. 

How do you know that the recite is a nasibi? As I said, if you hear a person reciting the Qur'an, do you first inquire about his beliefs before deciding if you like it or not?

As for knowing the meaning, how many scholars of tajwid are also scholars of tafsir? (I'm genuinely asking, as I understood it, they are separate sciences that aren't necessarily studied in tandem)

Edited by Ali_Hussain

Audio, I listen but if I see a video which is read by a Nasibi, I do not listen to it because he agrees that snatching  away Fadak was right decision and infliction of injuries upon Syeda Zahra which cost her life was a mistake and therefore I do not listen to him or her. 

i will not mention any names but I know some reciters who also has some qunut videos on YT and in that qunut they cursed all Shia's.

And I actually prefer Egyptian reciters above Saudi reciters and yes. Because of sectarian issues.

But I will listen to any reciter untill I discover that he curses Shia with that same tongue.

Edited by Faruk

I don't like when ISIS mercenaries recite this verse before beheading innocent peoples (of any faith):

"O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites, and be hard against them; and their adobe is hell, and evil is the resort" 

3 minutes ago, Engineer73 said:

I don't like when ISIS mercenaries recite this verse before beheading innocent peoples (of any faith):

"O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites, and be hard against them; and their adobe is hell, and evil is the resort" 

That is bad, but I think that their customary takbir before any vile act that they commit does more damage.

38 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

How do you know that the recite is a nasibi? As I said, if you hear a person reciting the Qur'an, do you first inquire about his beliefs before deciding if you like it or not?

I think it is not difficult. Whenever I see the salat-al-maghrib or Isha on any Saudi TV channel, I note that they either don't recite the very first verse (of every chapter) or if they recite, recite with very low tone which is called "ikhfati" in our language.

Edited by Engineer73

1 minute ago, Engineer73 said:

I think it is not difficult. Whenever I see the salat-al-maghrib or Isha on any Saudi TV channel, I note that they either don't recite the very first verse or if they recite, recite with very low tone which is called "ikhfati" in our language.

I meant more that if you see a video, and they have used the Qur'an as a background sound to it, do people investigation who the reciter is before they decide if they like it or not.

3 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

I meant more that if you see a video, and they have used the Qur'an as a background sound to it, do people investigation who the reciter is before they decide if they like it or not.

Listening to the audio of any reciter, never bother me. In that case, my attention is completely towards the Kalamullah, not towards the reciter. In case of Salah, my attention is towards Allah & towards the one who is leading the prayer and towards what he is reciting.

11 minutes ago, Engineer73 said:

A hypocrite is he who hates Imam Ali a.s.

14 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

That is bad, but I think that their customary takbir before any vile act that they commit does more damage.

To themselves yes.

9 minutes ago, Engineer73 said:

Listening to the audio of any reciter, never bother me. In that case, my attention is completely towards the Kalamullah, not towards the reciter. In case of Salah, my attention is towards Allah & towards the one who is leading the prayer and towards what he is reciting.

If the one who is leading the prayer believs that Allah has limbs than it invalidates your prayer bro'. Same when he whiped his socks instead of his feet.

Edited by Faruk

2 minutes ago, Engineer73 said:

I know that brother.

And they do not. So even if they recite the whole Quran its meaningless and effortless.

Edited by Faruk

Just now, Faruk said:

If the one who is leading the prayer believs that Allah has limbs than it invalidates your prayer bro'.

Well, I don't offer prayers behind such mullah's. I prefer to offer salah "furada".

Well, I don't offer prayers behind such mullah's. I prefer to offer salah "furada".

Alhamdulillah

4 minutes ago, Engineer73 said:

I know that too. :) 

Well if you know then you don't have to bother about what they recite and what not.

They're just empty bags.

Edited by Faruk

8 minutes ago, Faruk said:

Well if you know then you don't have to bother about what they recite and what not.

They're just empty bags.

They are no doubt empty bags, The words which are coming from their mouth, while reciting Quran, are not empty in their meanings & their worthiness. It is my opinion that whenever hypocrite recite Quran, the verses curse such reciter. For instance:

فَمَنْ حَآجَّكَ فِيهِ مِن بَعْدِ مَا جَاءكَ مِنَ الْعِلْمِ فَقُلْ تَعَالَوْاْ نَدْعُ أَبْنَاءنَا وَأَبْنَاءكُمْ وَنِسَاءنَا وَنِسَاءكُمْ وَأَنفُسَنَا وأَنفُسَكُمْ ثُمَّ نَبْتَهِلْ فَنَجْعَل لَّعْنَةُ اللّهِ عَلَى الْكَاذِبِينَ

So the hypocrite, being a liar, is cursed.

They are no doubt empty bags, The words which are coming from their mouth, while reciting Quran, are not empty in their meanings & their worthiness. It is my opinion that whenever hypocrite recite Quran, the verses curse such reciter. For instance:

فَمَنْ حَآجَّكَ فِيهِ مِن بَعْدِ مَا جَاءكَ مِنَ الْعِلْمِ فَقُلْ تَعَالَوْاْ نَدْعُ أَبْنَاءنَا وَأَبْنَاءكُمْ وَنِسَاءنَا وَنِسَاءكُمْ وَأَنفُسَنَا وأَنفُسَكُمْ ثُمَّ نَبْتَهِلْ فَنَجْعَل لَّعْنَةُ اللّهِ عَلَى الْكَاذِبِينَ

So the hypocrite, being a liar, is cursed.

Very true indeed.