Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

mufti menk

Rate this topic


Guest junaid khan

Recommended Posts

Guest junaid khan

a man named mufti menk is misguiding Muslim youth please stay away from this fitna man he is from zimbabwe and has cricketer as his friend like Hashim amla moeen Ali etc and he is against Shia Also and he is  wahabi and is inside sunni world and try to be sunni when actually he is wahabi please muslim youth stay away from this type of people and expose them openly becuase they are fitna people and try not to let anyone be his follower.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My sunni aunt staying with us right now introduced me to mufti menk. While we disagree on aqeedah, Mufti menk often stays away from sectarianism and most of his lectures cover very basic topics we have a lot of common ground on. I like his simplicity and manner of expression and think he is a decent speaker.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

Establish your proofs if you are truthful. The man prefers to call himself a muslim and yes he is a sunni but he is not preaching hate.

Edited by Faruk
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

I understand that people who define themselves as "just Muslim" are by default Sunni. I too have heard some of Mufti Menk's speeches and since I am a revert (crossover) from the Hanafi to now Shia I find some of his concepts Sunni in perspective.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Administrators
25 minutes ago, QuranandAhlulbayt said:

Mufti menk often stays away from sectarianism and most of his lectures cover very basic topics we have a lot of common ground on. I like his simplicity and manner of expression and think he is a decent speaker.

Being against sectarianism can eventually have an effect on a Shia. A relative of mine (born Shia) started listening to Mufti Menk and my relative no longer celebrates the birthdays of Ahlul Bayt AS nor does he mourn the shahadat days. This lack of love for Ahlul Bayt AS is a source of frustration among my relatives. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

Salaam alaikum- Actually I know the tricks and lures of  the "Sunni Side" and am very cautious. It was Karbala and Muharram  that converted me, when i found I had lived a lifetime of what I felt to be an untruth. I find it interesting that Abu Hanifa was actually a pupil of Imam Jafar, and after re-reading my middle eastern history text from college I saw the light. I have been exposed to some copies of pre wahabi translations of Bukhari and Muslim in turkish (my dayi's copies) and when i translated the translation was astounded in how it had been changed in later editions. I will make dua for your relative, that he will not turn to that side.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
25 minutes ago, MariyahLaleh said:

I understand that people who define themselves as "just Muslim" are by default Sunni. I too have heard some of Mufti Menk's speeches and since I am a revert (crossover) from the Hanafi to now Shia I find some of his concepts Sunni in perspective.

I'm just muslim and I love the Aale Muhammad a.s. because it's a part of Islam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

Salaams brother

11 minutes ago, Faruk said:

I'm just muslim and I love the Aale Muhammad a.s. because it's a part of Islam.

And that works well for you, Alhamdullilah. I have what works for me. Allah knows best and it is not up to me to decide what anyone else believes. Nice to meet you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

Being against sectarianism can eventually have an effect on a Shia. A relative of mine (born Shia) started listening to Mufti Menk and my relative no longer celebrates the birthdays of Ahlul Bayt AS nor does he mourn the shahadat days. This lack of love for Ahlul Bayt AS is a source of frustration among my relatives. 

I don't celebrate the birthdays because our own Imams sws never celebrated their own birthdays. This is a later invention. I have no problem with people celebrating by the way, and i might do it time to time, but not with the intention of marking wiladats year on year. I remember our aimmah asws and Prophet [saw] throughout the year. As for Shahadats, i attend majalis in Muharram for Imam Hussain asws and it is certainly important.

I think it depends what kind of a shia listens to him. Is it one who isn't really well versed in shia islam or know about the fundamentals ?  I only recommend someone who knows the flaws of sunni islam and won't be swayed by polemics to listen to mufti menk, as one can just watch lecture's we have common ground on.

I believe the best way to help your relative is to:

1. Acknowledge our imams asws never celebrated their birthdays, but it is merely a symbolic gesture made by shias today and not part of the religion. It is optional.

2. Having said that, remembering Hussain a.s in gatherings is something told to us by our imams asws, and we have reliable traditions about the reward of one who remembers Imam Hussain asws.

3. Establish that we are attending mosque which is a good act itself, gaining knowledg, and remembering the symbols and foundations of our religion, and our definition of Bid'ah is not as simplistic as the salafi one.

4. Remind him that mufti menk believes Allah azwj actually literally descends from the heavens and moves, can be seen, etc. - while he is a lovely speaker.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Administrators
44 minutes ago, MariyahLaleh said:

I will make dua for your relative, that he will not turn to that side.

Thank you, Sister. There is always hope. :) 

Thanks @QuranandAhlulbayt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
1 minute ago, QuranandAhlulbayt said:

SubhanAllah sister :)

Shukran Jazillian. I am rather relentless in my self education. I Too share your views on what you mentioned. It took me a month to get rid of that "ameen
" after the sural al hamd. :pushup2:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MariyahLaleh said:

Shukran Jazillian. I am rather relentless in my self education. I Too share your views on what you mentioned. It took me a month to get rid of that "ameen
" after the sural al hamd. :pushup2:

I find it fascinating when an individuals own faculty of reason and yearning for truth leads them onto the path of Muhammed [saw] and his purified progeny.

Do let me know if if you want any paticular books on a certain topic of resources. I feel as though the revert support system ought to be strengthened and will make a thread on this soon inshAllah.

People like you and other brothers/sisters have been brave to embrace shia islam, knowing the hosility and propaganda against it, and we need to thus, have a system of support.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

Mufti Menk talks about very basic and general topics. I don't think he is wahabi because there was a lecture that he cleared it up how people think he is salafi/wahabi once he is not.

I don't see any harm in listening to him because it hasn't affect my shia belief in anyway till now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest junaid khan
10 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Mufti Menk talks about very basic and general topics. I don't think he is wahabi because there was a lecture that he cleared it up how people think he is salafi/wahabi once he is not.

I don't see any harm in listening to him because it hasn't affect my shia belief in anyway till now.

because ur also a shia wahabi i think because many sunni is against mufti menk becuase he is wahabi he is very smart he dont let any know that he is wahabi and u have been brainwashed by his deviant belief he is against Shia for sure he meets salafi arifi who insults us everyday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest junaid khan
16 hours ago, Haydar Husayn said:

This isn't a question, and just seems like baseless slander to me.

its not slander my brother its reality open your eyes please this man is wahabi and is acting like sunni and he is against shia many sunni also dont like him because they know reality of him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
27 minutes ago, Guest junaid khan said:

its not slander my brother its reality open your eyes please this man is wahabi and is acting like sunni and he is against shia many sunni also dont like him because they know reality of him.

How are Wahhabis not Sunnis?

Anyway, why don't you post an example of one of his videos where he is supposedly spreading fitna, so we can see what it is we need to be careful about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest junaid khan
6 minutes ago, Haydar Husayn said:

How are Wahhabis not Sunnis?

Anyway, why don't you post an example of one of his videos where he is supposedly spreading fitna, so we can see what it is we need to be careful about.

 he is against eid Milad un nabi brother see this he is fitna man wake up brother and sisters

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
17 minutes ago, Guest junaid khan said:

 he is against eid Milad un nabi brother see this he is fitna man wake up brother and sisters

Ok, big deal. Milad an-Nabi is hardly a central element of the religion. Do you have anything more incriminating than this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest sayyid ali hasan

Hajj Hasnain Rajab ali is more rational then mufti menk.Dont forbid anyone to hear to anyone's lecture instead increase your ilm so that you can afford to reply to the questions of other people.You are stopping others to stop listening to his videos that's good but many people hear his videos for research works.Imam khamnie(ra) has said that if someone fears that a person will be misguided by reading the scriptures of other religion then its forbidden for him to read them otherwise its okey for learnt people to hear the speeches.

I have seen intellectual who hear the lectures of all scholars and relate it with the opinion of our scholar and at last they get the clear position and praise AllahÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì for showing them the path of mohammad(saw) and his family(as).

We all must increase our ilm their are many great alims like hajj Hasnain Rajab ali who are really curious and intellectual to face any question we must learn from them instead of stayed ammar nakswani who is busy making tattoos .

I am not making takfeer on sayyid ammar nakswani but he can't be compared to brother hajj Hasnain Rajab ali he is the real follower of mohammad(saw) and his family(as).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Guest junaid khan said:

because ur also a shia wahabi i think because many sunni is against mufti menk becuase he is wahabi he is very smart he dont let any know that he is wahabi and u have been brainwashed by his deviant belief he is against Shia for sure he meets salafi arifi who insults us everyday.

The salafis are against him:

Who is Mufti Menk?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Guest junaid khan said:

 he is against eid Milad un nabi brother see this he is fitna man wake up brother and sisters

Brother, he loves Prophet Muhammed [saw].

He just believes that the Prophet [saw] never celebrated this, nor did his companions, so why should we?

As a shia, do you know Ali ibn abi talib a.s never commemorated the milad as we do today ? Nor any of our Aimmah asws? [we have no proof of this at all]?

It is not a sunnah, and is essentially something later made up.

So how can it be a central tennant of the religion?

I am not against it, but not for it either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guest junaid khan said:

because ur also a shia wahabi i think because many sunni is against mufti menk becuase he is wahabi he is very smart he dont let any know that he is wahabi and u have been brainwashed by his deviant belief he is against Shia for sure he meets salafi arifi who insults us everyday.

No doubt he regards shia's a deviant and has views about us he probably has not openly come out and said. But, many of his lectures are generic ones on issues we all have common ground over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest junaid khan
1 hour ago, Haydar Husayn said:

Ok, big deal. Milad an-Nabi is hardly a central element of the religion. Do you have anything more incriminating than this?

brother i have more videos but cant find it when i find i will show u he is against Shia and meets arifi scholar who talk against Shias everyday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...