Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Sadaf abidi

Istekhara

Rate this topic

My ques is that we both had seen istekhara n it had beeb no on both the side . But i wanted to do it again is it possible or not . An the main prblm is that repeatng it again n again is not good evryone is saying . How many times i can do it ? N one more iv also seen faal frm tohfatum awam it also had same ans m nt getting what to do plz guide me .

Salaam,

Istekhara is actually taking Allah's suggestion on a particular matter. You did the Istekhara once and it came as negative. That means Allah's wish is 'no'. I don't think you should do again and be satisfied in what He has ordained for you. 

Sister, I don't think Istekhara should be repeated with intention of it's results getting changed. Since you still want to do an Istekhara better you consult with an aalim and explain the situation. He may be able to guide you better. 

If you are doing it again then also intend to repeat it for the third time as well. And, if after that you get two times yes and one times no and or two times no and one time yes. Then go for the majority one. If twice has come no then do not do it and if twice comes yes then do it. 

On 13/04/2017 at 1:55 PM, Sadaf abidi said:

How many times i can do it ? 

Salaam, I hope this is not too late to help

Because regarding your question, the answer in some cases may actually be that you should do istekhara zero times.

Please visit this link:
http://islamicentre.org/search.aspx?Topic=istikhara
(it is a Shia site, and the speaker is a well-known Shia Maulana)

It will take you to 2 videos... the 2nd video topic seems exactly the right subject, but it is unfortunately unavailable now.

However, the first video talks about istikhara for 2 minutes... starting at 7:10  (just over 7 minutes) into the video:

My understanding is:

- You should use your akl/brain for decisions (and your feelings / general sense / etc.), and consult with others (who should also use their akl / feelings / etc.)

- Then if you are unsure which way to go (like if you are "on the fence", or both choices seem equally good), THEN istikhara can help you in making a choice.

Also, doing a search, I found this discussion:
www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/234963532-unnecessary-istikhara 

And also this:
www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/234919017-istikhara/

Renaissance_Man wrote:  "Some people tend to forego common sense for istikhara or use it as fortune-telling and in these instances, it may lead to erroneous outcomes. Ayatullah Khomeini gives an example of a boy and a girl who liked each other and were compatible in all ways but for some inexplicable reason decided to perform istekhara anyways and it came out bad. In this case common sense says there was no good reason for doing istikhara in the first place."

So in my opinion, in your case, if you or your parents don't know enough about the guy yet, then you should first learn more about him.

But if both sides already know enough, and think it is a good match, then you don't need to do istikhara... and you should read that first discussion so that you don't end up in that situation (although I will also say that I don't think people should get so emotionally attached before marriage like that guy did).

I hope that helps

On 4/13/2017 at 10:25 PM, Sadaf abidi said:

My ques is that we both had seen istekhara n it had beeb no on both the side . But i wanted to do it again is it possible or not .

In such matters, it is good for you to consult your elders and relatives. If after consultation, you reached a decision, then there would be no need to see istikhara. And if you did not reach any decision, then you can make istikhara. Repeating an istikhara is valid only when the subject of istikhara is changed in such a way that he who repeats the istikhara can say, for example, I see Istikhara of a sadaqa and the marriage (in the previous time it was only marriage but this time it is with sadaqa).

Generally speaking, Istikhara is done where you are confused. One must first of all consult experts or wise individuals to see if he can reach a conclusion. If after consultation he still remains confused, he can then do Istikhara. You must know that when an act is good in itself, there is no need to make Istikhara for it.

Last but not least, Istikhara does not reveal the unseen and it does not apply to every aspect of our lives. We should understand that as long as there is someone to consult or when something is good in and of itself, why should we go for istikhara?

In addition, one who performs istikhara must know how to do it.  Many of my Indian or Pakistani brothers take recourse to istikhara without realizing that the individual who makes istikhara must be pious, knowledgeable and must also know the procedure of istikhara.

Wassalam

Related link:

http://islamportal.net/question/can-one-do-istikharah-marriage

On 4/15/2017 at 9:00 PM, Sindbad05 said:

If you are doing it again then also intend to repeat it for the third time as well. And, if after that you get two times yes and one times no and or two times no and one time yes. Then go for the majority one. If twice has come no then do not do it and if twice comes yes then do it. 

Salam alaikum. As far as I know, whatever be the result of your istikhara, you can't go for another round until the condition has changed. For example, if you have seen istikhara for joining a new position and if that negative, you can have it for the second time if terms of the job have changed. I hope this is helpful. 

Walekum as Salaam. 

2 hours ago, EhsanR said:

Salam alaikum. As far as I know, whatever be the result of your istikhara, you can't go for another round until the condition has changed. For example, if you have seen istikhara for joining a new position and if that negative, you can have it for the second time if terms of the job have changed. I hope this is helpful. 

Walekum as Salaam. 

Well, I tried Istikhara for myself and even though I wanted something desperately for what I did istikhara, the answer was negative for thrice. And, eventually I saw that it was really a negative thing and istikhara brought true result for me. As far as new position is concerned, i would consider changed atmosphere as new condition such as if one should wait for few years and try to find the faults and correct them, may be it happens that one would not require any further Istikhara for that.