Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

raas its confirmed

http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13960123000678

I think Rouhani did a lot of good work to strengthen Iranian ties with the west. Id like to see what average iranians think of ahmedinejad

I loved Ahmedinejad and I think he will be great again. 

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

raas its confirmed

I think Rouhani did a lot of good work to strengthen Iranian ties with the west. Id like to see what average iranians think of ahmedinejad

He made Iranians forego a lot though to get very little back. I think the West will never be happy unless Iran gets rid of the Islamic Republic, the nuclear thing was just an excuse, now its missiles, then it'll be support for Hezbollah then it'll be human rights, then its the Islamic Republic as a whole.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

really?

genuine question, wasn't the lifting of sanctions a really big benefit for every day iranians?

Well I think most news reports I have read seem to claim the Iranians don't feel the lifting of the sanctions made much of a difference. They're still under heavy US and EU sanctions which makes financial transactions with Iranian banks difficult, also any Iranian businesses linked to the IRGC are also under heavy sanctions, and all of these entanglements deter people from doing business with Iran.

17 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

why Oh Allah? dont you like Ahmedinejad? 

I like a person for who they are now, not by their passed record. Ahmadinejad is not fit for presidency anymore, nor is his head in the right place, and neither is his heart. 

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, repenter said:

I like a person for who they are now, not by their passed record. Ahmadinejad is not fit for presidency anymore, nor is his head in the right place, and neither is his heart. 

how do you know whats going on in his mind and heart?

• Advanced Member

http://www.nrttv.com/EN/Details.aspx?Jimare=13851

IRAN'S AHMADINEJAD DEFIES SUPREME LEADER TO ATTEMPT COMEBACK

TEHRAN – Hardline former president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad surprised Iran's clerical establishment on Wednesday (April 12) by registering for the May 19 presidential election, defying the Islamic Republic's Supreme Leader's warning not to enter the race.

Vilified in the West for his barbs against America and Israel and questioning of the Holocaust, the blacksmith's son Ahmadinejad has upset predictions before by stealing the show in 2005 when he defeated powerful former president Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani in a run-off vote.

Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei revealed last year that he had recommended to Ahmadinejad not to enter the contest. But after his registration on Wednesday, Ahmadinejad told journalists that Khamenei's recommendation was "just advice", Iranian media reported.

Khamenei praised Ahmadinejad as "courageous, wise and hard-working" after his re-election in 2009, which ignited an eight-month firestorm of street protests. His pro-reform rivals said that vote was rigged.

But throughout Ahmadinejad's presidency, Khamenei was wary of him, and his insubordination and relentless self-aggrandizement rankled the hardline clergy.

Ahmadjinejad was required to step down because of term limit rules in 2013, when President Hassan Rouhani won in a landslide on a promise to reduce Iran's international isolation.

After a term out of office, Ahmadinejad is now permitted to stand again under Iran's constitution, but he still needs the approval of the 12-member Guardian Council which vets candidates, six members of which are appointed by Khamenei.

"His disqualification by the Guardian Council would show that the council is not independent and follows the orders of the supreme leader," said political analyst Saeed Leylaz.

Khamenei's backers accuse Ahmadinejad's camp of pursuing an "Iranian" school of Islam, viewed as an inappropriate mix of religion and nationalism. Ahmadinejad may pay the price for disobeying Khamenei by running for president, analysts said.

"Khamenei will not forget this move, which was aimed to harm his image," said political analyst Hamid Farahvashian.

In 2011, Khamenei was so annoyed by Ahmadinejad's hunger for more power that he floated a proposal to change Iran's constitution to do away with a directly elected presidency altogether, an idea Ahmadinejad briskly dismissed as "academic".

Khamenei ultimately calls the shots in Iran, where the president can only influence policy, not decide it.

A former officer of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC), Ahmadinejad relies on Iran's devout poor, who felt neglected by past governments and helped sweep him to power in 2005. However, his popularity in Iran remains in question.

"Ahmadinejad's faction is still alive. He enjoys the support of the poor and lower-income in the cities," said Leylaz.

Rouhani and his allies have criticized Ahmadinejad's free-spending policies for fueling inflation and accuse him of wasting Iran's oil revenues.

Ahmadinejad's critics say his fiery anti-Western talk helped isolate Iran diplomatically. During his term, the U.N. Security Council imposed three sets of sanctions on Iran over its nuclear programme.

Rouhani, who engineered Iran's 2015 nuclear deal with world powers that secured a removal of international financial and trade sanctions against Tehran, is expected to seek re-election.

Although Rouhani won in a single round with more than 50 percent of the vote four years ago when no other candidate won more than 17 percent, he could face a more difficult campaign this time if hardliners unite against him. Many Iranians have grown impatient with the slow rate of improvement in their economic fortunes since the lifting of sanctions last year.

In a move to widen Ahmadinejad's support, his senior aide Esfandiar Rahim Mashaie in May sent a conciliatory letter to Ahmadinejad's predecessor as president, Mohammad Khatami, seen as the father of Iran's reform movement.

Insiders said if disqualified, Ahmadinejad is likely to call on his supporters to back Rouhani, whose main rival is likely to be influential hardline cleric Ebrahim Raisi, who declared his candidacy on Sunday.

"The irony is that by spoiling the conservatives' game and taking away from Raisi's voter-base, Ahmadinejad is in fact aiding Rouhani's re-election," said senior Iran analyst Ali Vaez of the International Crisis Group.

Raisi, 57, heads Astan Qods Razavi, an organization in charge of a multibillion-dollar religious foundation that manages donations to Iran's holiest Shia Muslim shrine in the northeastern city of Mashhad.

"Ahmadinejad knows full well that his candidacy is an affront to Khamenei who had publicly barred him from running," said Vaez. "Disqualifying Ahmadinejad is hard, but not impossible."

(Reuters)

He is defying the supreme leader.

• Advanced Member

I disagree with wilayatul faqih theory of governance, but that doesn't stop me from thinking that Mohmoud Ahmadinejad is brilliant. I know the problem that happened between him and Khamenei, it's sad that such an event destroyed his reputation for some and changed peoples attitude towards him...

Assalamu alaikum 

La ilahe ilallah wa Muhammadan rasulullah wa Aliyan waliullah Ya Ali

• Forum Administrators

The news in the US right now is that Ahmadinejad has been disqualified as a candidate. Sunday the Experts will announce those who are qualified to run a campaign. 

• Forum Administrators
On 4/20/2017 at 9:35 PM, notme said:

For what reason? 

The news was on the radio. They did not elaborate. Probably this is so that people will go to their news website to read more. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, repenter said:

Because he still has cases in court that has not been finalized, and he can't seem to keep his mouth shut. 

Thanks for the information. That seems a perfectly valid reason, at least the court cases part. 

• Forum Administrators

It looks like the court cases against Mr. Ahmadinejad are for not getting things done before he left the presidency. Not criminal cases.

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2017/04/16/518303/Iran-judiciary-spokesman-Gholam-Hossein-MohseniEjei-Mahmoud-Ahmadinejad-Hamid-Baqaei

On 4/12/2017 at 4:15 PM, DigitalUmmah said:

raas its confirmed

They hate Rouhani now more than they ever did Ahmadinejad. And no, he didn't strengthen anything other than his ego. Iran lost so much because of him.