Heavenly_Silk

Thoughts 2017

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, IbnSina said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/31/tony-blair-cannot-prosecuted-iraq-war-high-court-rules/

This is the western justice system that so many muslims praise.

A subhuman like tony blair goes scot-free from any charges or liability for the suffering and chaos he has created in Iraq.

Western justice system might be better at delivering justice to ordinary people but it is very much as political as the rest of the world when it comes to issues of national interest and perceived security etc.

Recently the same British courts acquitted a known money-launderer and Raw-funded politician despite the mountain of evidence. He also had his ex-party member killed in the streets of London in broad daylight by imported assassins from back home. But one day the charges were mysteriously dropped. Insider reports say that Britain did not want to damage relations with India by exposing their agent.

This is nothing new btw. Britain has a long history of protecting wanted criminals from overseas in the name of political asylum.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1289745

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/29/altaf-hussain-mqm-leader-pakistan-london

17 hours ago, hasanhh said:

What for?

Members are banned because they repeatedly break forum rules to the point of no return. To protect the privacy of the member in question, I prefer to not reveal the detailed reasons for his ban. But if it helps, it was a collective decision made by the SC team. Please send all further queries to Abbas.

My non-speaking toddler seems to be starting to understand that these signs that we've been doing communicate things! Yay, progress!

Now if we can just get him to use the signs he might be able to let us into his world. 

2 hours ago, notme said:

My non-speaking toddler seems to be starting to understand that these signs that we've been doing communicate things! Yay, progress!

Now if we can just get him to use the signs he might be able to let us into his world. 

My nephew still babbles, can be prompted to say a few words, but what he keeps saying for the last 3 months is: "Minnie-me--ma".   None of us can figure out what he means. He even says it when pointing to the roof when outside.

On 7/28/2017 at 4:10 PM, Shaykh Patience101 said:

Nawaz Sharif has been forced to resign from the Prime Ministership on allegations of corruption/mismanagement 3 times before, and he's come back every time to win an election a few years later. Even if it's not the elder Sharif himself who comes back to power, his party is still influential and his brother is likely to take over his role for the rest of the term. 

Pakistan's Supreme Court got rid of Nawaz Sharif because of his family's fraudulent financial dealings and now the party in power is going to pick his brother? If the family financial dealings were suspicious isn't the brother involved in it? 

Several of my friends are raving about books by a particular author. My local library doesn't carry any of his books and Amazon doesn't have them for borrowing, but I don't want to use up my book budget and find out I don't care for his writing. Does anyone know a resource or website for legally and ethically borrowing contemporary books? 

1 hour ago, notme said:

Several of my friends are raving about books by a particular author. My local library doesn't carry any of his books and Amazon doesn't have them for borrowing, but I don't want to use up my book budget and find out I don't care for his writing. Does anyone know a resource or website for legally and ethically borrowing contemporary books? 

Our local library system offers members free access to subscriptions for several ebook sites of this kind. Maybe you have a similar option?

11 hours ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Pakistan's Supreme Court got rid of Nawaz Sharif because of his family's fraudulent financial dealings and now the party in power is going to pick his brother? If the family financial dealings were suspicious isn't the brother involved in it? 

Nepotism is enshrined in Pakistani democratic politics, and probably always will be. The PPP under the Bhuttos has also always been under a similar dynastic rule; and all of this so far from what Jinnah and Liaqat Ali Khan intended when they envisioned a Muslim state free from foreign rule or the tyranny of princes and nawabs.

And no, as far as I believe, Shahbaz Sharif was not implicated in the Panama Leaks in any major way.

6 minutes ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

Our local library system offers members free access to subscriptions for several ebook sites of this kind. Maybe you have a similar option?

I'll look into what else they have. They use Overdrive for their ebook collection, and it isn't there either. Maybe I can borrow a copy from one of these friends who speak so highly of these books, but they are far away and I only talk with them online. 

EXCITED ABOUT THE ECLIPSE?

A once-in-a-lifetime Total Solar Eclipse happens Monday, August 21, 2017. For the first time in over 100 years, 3771bc34-daa9-486f-8f5c-4f2525631838.jpgthe path of the eclipse will cross the U.S. from coast to coast and could be seen by millions.

For some, day will literally become night as the moon crosses the sun's path, casting a shadow on the Earth. This FREE NASA 3-D simulation lets you track the eclipse and shows you what it will look like where you are.

CAUTION: DO NOT LOOK DIRECTLY AT THE SUNMany public libraries will have free special solar glasses, so check with them as supplies won't last long. You can also build a home-made pinhole viewer to see the shadow. Remember, sunglasses won't cut it. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate where you are. Remember, if you miss this one, you’ll have to wait until 2045!

On 7/29/2015 at 0:41 AM, Ali_Hussain said:

RIP Cecil, you were taken before you time.

On 8/1/2015 at 3:06 PM, Hameedeh said:

"Cecil the lion's brother Jericho has been shot dead by poachers in a park in Zimbabwe."   :excl:

Thursday 20 July 2017, Independent. Cecil the lion's eldest son Xanda was shot dead by big game hunters. Why? Because the lion went outside the limit of "the park" which made him a target of trophy hunters. 

omg Can't Africa just make it a law that nobody can shoot a lion unless it is attacking a village? If you are driving out into the countryside looking to kill a lion for a trophy, that should be against the law. Pretty soon there might be no lions left in the wild. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/cecil-lion-son-xanda-shot-dead-trophy-big-game-hunters-zimbabwe-hwange-national-park-a7851246.html

13 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

If you are driving out into the countryside looking to kill a lion for a trophy, that should be against the law. 

Hunting for sport doesn't seem very sporting. It's like punching a man unprovoked and calling it boxing.

Congratulations to ShiaChat popular contributors this past week:

@Sindbad05 @shiaman14 @beladalrafidan @Ibn Al-Ja'abi @Islamic Salvation @Laayla @IbnMariam 

11 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Congratulations to ShiaChat popular contributors this past week:

@Sindbad05 @shiaman14 @beladalrafidan @Ibn Al-Ja'abi @Islamic Salvation @Laayla @IbnMariam 

Thank youuuu 

On 03/08/2017 at 10:37 AM, Hameedeh said:

Thursday 20 July 2017, Independent. Cecil the lion's eldest son Xanda was shot dead by big game hunters. Why? Because the lion went outside the limit of "the park" which made him a target of trophy hunters. 

omg Can't Africa just make it a law that nobody can shoot a lion unless it is attacking a village? If you are driving out into the countryside looking to kill a lion for a trophy, that should be against the law. Pretty soon there might be no lions left in the wild. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/cecil-lion-son-xanda-shot-dead-trophy-big-game-hunters-zimbabwe-hwange-national-park-a7851246.html

They should try and make use of the lion that they hunted, like its fur, then they'd be all good.

I have so much respect for sales ladies that don't try to suffocate you into buying tHeir products. I literally had to pretend that I was receiving an emergency call earlier today  just to run away from the most annoying sales lady ever and the only thing she managed to do was make me promise myself never to go back in their again for the headache I endured due to her thickness of not understanding that I am only interested in buying that one thing I came in for.